Good P2V+ v3 Gimbal Guard out there ?
5049 11 2014-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kamikaze
lvl.2

Germany

Hi community,

I'm new to Phantom 2 Vision Plus and I find it's a outstanding toy and I want protect my gimbal from damage from hard landing or cable crash and bought this kind of gimbal protection:

But I'm not satisfied with these items, because they don't fit very well and disturbing the movement of the cam. Are there any better gimbal protectors  out there which doesn't limit the cam movement and looks more reliable ?

Happy Landings

2014-12-2
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I think you will be hard pressed to find a better one than this one!

The plastic one in the video you included is said to break easily, fit is sometimes questionable and many people I've heard that has it has either had it break over time or have removed it and switch to a different one.
2014-12-2
Use props
kamikaze
lvl.2

Germany

kenargo Posted at 2014-12-3 04:59

The plastic one in the video y ...

Thank you for the fast link. I have to test it.
2014-12-2
Use props
yakiravidar
New

Israel

Watch this

http://youtu.be/0U2A6xjkB74
2014-12-4
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Yes, I  have the under plate as well but more-so because I fly in areas that are not always nice to land and it helps stabilize on unstable ground.  I have the version with the fold-out flippers for when I'm flying off uneven ground.

I also have the KillerRC guard and wouldn't fly without it (though I do fly without the under plate.
2014-12-4
Use props
kamikaze
lvl.2

Germany

kenargo Posted at 2014-12-5 01:56
Yes, I  have the under plate as well but more-so because I fly in areas that are not always nice to  ...

You were very lucky. Without the plate the gimbal might been crashed. I have seen two gimbal protectors now and I will make up my mind which one to take even though I'm not the heavy duty pilot.
2014-12-4
Use props
kenargo
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I don't use the plate to protect the gimbal and find that the KillerRC protector is better in that regards but the under-plate is very good for landing stability in uneven ground.  It may add to protect the gimbal but the KillerRC guard IMO, does a much better job at that.
2014-12-4
Use props
cayers13.email
lvl.3

United States

would you recommend one of these guards to go along with that metal protector?  >>>> http://www.uavbits.net

I'm assuming they can be used together, is it worth using both or one over the other?
2015-1-29
Use props
jeepinocala
lvl.3

United States

kenargo Posted at 2014-12-3 04:59

The plastic one in the video y ...

The one I got needed a bit of deburring the inside was to tight to fit it had a very small ridge on the inside near a screw hole but overal it is a good unit except if you do crash it the joint can still seperate a tiny bit then it will rub on the button but it's better than loosing the whole thing.
2015-1-29
Use props
kamikaze
lvl.2

Germany

jeepinocala Posted at 2015-1-30 09:15
The one I got needed a bit of deburring the inside was to tight to fit it had a very small ridge o ...

Do yu have a link for that ?

Happy Landings
2015-1-31
Use props
jeepinocala
lvl.3

United States

http://www.killerrc.com/product/ ... i-phantom-2-vision/

You can also buy them on ebay.
2015-1-31
Use props
Larry L
lvl.3

United States

kamikaze Posted at 2014-12-3 07:00
Thank you for the fast link. I have to test it.

I agree, the Killer RC bracket is like miniature titanium for gimbal protection.
2015-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules