Dji Fly app won't load
4965 37 2022-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_R03qF7SG0d0K
lvl.1
Flight distance : 732198 ft
United States

So ive reasearched this as much as i could to no avail.

I have a Pixel 4XL. And ive had the DJI fly app installed on it since July 4th. I started with the FPV drone and had zero issues with opening it or using it when it loads.

Now two days i bought the Air 2s. Worked great got it flying without issue. Phone connected app opened. Same thing yestersay (8/7/22) no issue to report, drone was flying was able to view through the app all was good; got great footage happy camper. Went to try and open the app today and it wont open at all.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled. Cleared the cache within the app, allowed every single permission I could think of. And still wont effing load. Now I i downloaded the app onto my work phone (samsung galaxy 21) and zero issues. However i cannot have it on this phone because its what i need to work, drone was meant to be flown with personal phone.

So long story short what can I do to get the app to open again on my Pixel 4xl. And before its said yes ive gone through the file manager and installed through the APK file. Yes I've cleared cache and storage.

Thanks in advance

2022-8-8
Use props
djiuser_R03qF7SG0d0K
lvl.1
United States

Also downloaded the DJI go 4 app and same result. Crashes Immediately after loading. Wtf. This is so annoying
2022-8-8
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
We are checking this problem, please don't worry.
And if you need to use DJI FLY, you can send me a PM, I will help you more with this issue.
2022-8-8
Use props
gsdravis
New
Canada

I have the same issue with Pixel 4XL (Android 12).  First time fly installed 1.6.8 apk.  Worked great for two days (Aug 4 &5). Went to fly the next day and the app crashes right away.  I've tried everyhing but cant get any version to work.
2022-8-9
Use props
djiuser_R03qF7SG0d0K
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 8-8 23:41
Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
We are checking this problem, please don't worry.
And if you need to use DJI FLY, you can send me a PM, I will help you more with this issue.

Its ok, just annoying because i need it for work. From what I read this is happening to tons of other users aswell. Is there a way for us to get notified of the app or issue fixed?

I dont necessarily need the beta of the fix as its not life or death for the drone to fly, would just like to use it ot as i had promised for our clients.

Thanks for your response looking forqaed to be able to fly soon
2022-8-9
Use props
Bern2
lvl.1
United States

I also have the same issue on a Pixel 6 that just did an Android 12 update yesterday.  I removed DJI fly and reloaded, still the same issue.  App just shows a blank white screen, then crashes to desktop.
2022-8-9
Use props
djiuser_n5pRlTUUtmpr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 336798 ft
United States

Same issue here as well, Pixel 5 on latest security update at the time of writing
Edit: DJI has a beta version, reach out to support if you want to try it.  They gave it to me and it launches.  haven't connected the drone yet.

2022-8-9
Use props
djiuser_R03qF7SG0d0K
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_n5pRlTUUtmpr Posted at 8-9 11:27
Same issue here as well, Pixel 5 on latest security update at the time of writing
Edit: DJI has a beta version, reach out to support if you want to try it.  They gave it to me and it launches.  haven't connected the drone yet.

Thank you soo much!! Ill reach out to them now
2022-8-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

gsdravis Posted at 8-9 02:54
I have the same issue with Pixel 4XL (Android 12).  First time fly installed 1.6.8 apk.  Worked great for two days (Aug 4 &5). Went to fly the next day and the app crashes right away.  I've tried everyhing but cant get any version to work.

We are sorry for the inconvenience. We've sent you a PM regarding this issue, please have a look.
2022-8-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_R03qF7SG0d0K Posted at 8-9 08:42
Its ok, just annoying because i need it for work. From what I read this is happening to tons of other users aswell. Is there a way for us to get notified of the app or issue fixed?

I dont necessarily need the beta of the fix as its not life or death for the drone to fly, would just like to use it ot as i had promised for our clients.

There will be a prompt-up message on the app if there is an update available. You can also keep close attention to the update on our official web: http://dji.com Thanks. We also sent you a PM, please have a look.
2022-8-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Bern2 Posted at 8-9 10:39
I also have the same issue on a Pixel 6 that just did an Android 12 update yesterday.  I removed DJI fly and reloaded, still the same issue.  App just shows a blank white screen, then crashes to desktop.

We are sorry for the inconvenience. We've sent you a PM regarding this issue, please have a look.
2022-8-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_n5pRlTUUtmpr Posted at 8-9 11:27
Same issue here as well, Pixel 5 on latest security update at the time of writing

Sorry for the inconvenience. If there is any other issue with the app, please feel free to contact us.
2022-8-9
Use props
djiuser_R03qF7SG0d0K
lvl.1
United States

For everyone with the issue of it crashing upon loading it has been resolved in the beta. Reach out to support saying the app won't load and crashes. Go through their main website and email support that way. They will then send you a link to download the patched file and it operates and runs now. Flights now work without issue!

2022-8-9
Use props
SthWestImagery
lvl.1
Flight distance : 336522 ft
Australia

djiuser_R03qF7SG0d0K Posted at 8-9 23:06
For everyone with the issue of it crashing upon loading it has been resolved in the beta. Reach out to support saying the app won't load and crashes. Go through their main website and email support that way. They will then send you a link to download the patched file and it operates and runs now. Flights now work without issue!

Hi, dumb question, but how do I 'reach out to support'? I have the exact same issue with my Air 2s/Pixel 4a 5G. Was working fine for months until Aug 8 - now I have a very expensive paper weight! Tried everything (delete, re-install, clear cache, download newest version from DJI downloads). Nothing works. How do I get Beta?
2022-8-9
Use props
djiuser_Ay7hZbhGcqhW
New
Flight distance : 22290 ft
Switzerland

OnePlus 9. Same issue. Where can I download beta for Android 12?
2022-8-10
Use props
djiuser_Y7W8XQAlblgg
New
Flight distance : 11795 ft

United Kingdom

Dji fly and mimo crashing in my phone as soon as i open it. Tried reinstalling several times but still not working. Now having a drone and gimbal of dji is of no use. Apps are not working. This is annoying.
2022-8-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

SthWestImagery Posted at 8-9 23:47
Hi, dumb question, but how do I 'reach out to support'? I have the exact same issue with my Air 2s/Pixel 4a 5G. Was working fine for months until Aug 8 - now I have a very expensive paper weight! Tried everything (delete, re-install, clear cache, download newest version from DJI downloads). Nothing works. How do I get Beta?

2022-8-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_Ay7hZbhGcqhW Posted at 8-10 01:07
OnePlus 9. Same issue. Where can I download beta for Android 12?

2022-8-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_Y7W8XQAlblgg Posted at 8-10 03:19
Dji fly and mimo crashing in my phone as soon as i open it. Tried reinstalling several times but still not working. Now having a drone and gimbal of dji is of no use. Apps are not working. This is annoying.

We are sorry for the inconvenience. We've sent you a PM regarding this issue, please have a look. As for the Mimo issue, could you please tell us the model and OS version of your mobile device?
2022-8-10
Use props
djiuser_Ua9xSbcbm2hc
New
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-10 04:19
Hi can you send me a link as well please... I've  got a samsung galaxy note 20 (running on Android 12) and i just bought my mini se last week and it was working fine  but today i iust got so frustrated because the dji fly app just wont open. Help please
2022-8-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_Ua9xSbcbm2hc Posted at 8-10 13:02
Hi can you send me a link as well please... I've  got a samsung galaxy note 20 (running on Android 12) and i just bought my mini se last week and it was working fine  but today i iust got so frustrated because the dji fly app just wont open. Help please

2022-8-10
Use props
djiuser_Ua9xSbcbm2hc
New
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 8-10 17:22

Hi  i am really sorry but were do I check the PM that you've sent? Is it through my personal email? Because i just had a look now and theres nothing. Apologies.
2022-8-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_Ua9xSbcbm2hc Posted at 8-10 20:12
Hi  i am really sorry but were do I check the PM that you've sent? Is it through my personal email? Because i just had a look now and theres nothing. Apologies.

Hi, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. You may refer to the picture below to check the personal message. Thank you.
2022-8-10
Use props
djiuser_D9eoKhkyrCVo
New

United States

i have the same exact problem just happened yesterday after i had just flew it.
2022-8-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

djiuser_D9eoKhkyrCVo Posted at 8-11 00:38
i have the same exact problem just happened yesterday after i had just flew it.

Hi, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know the model and version system of your device?
2022-8-11
Use props
egmo87
lvl.1

Mexico

I have the same problem with Pixel 5a, DJI Fly app won't load, tried several times
2022-8-11
Use props
RamFly
New
Flight distance : 3120 ft
Netherlands

ME TO/Hello I have the DJI mini2 sinds 3 months and it workt good on my app in de samsung S71 but now sinds today it dosnt work enymore. wath can i do I dont  want to buy a new samsung please help. When i start de app DJIFLIY its stops you can mail ghram@ziggo.nl
2022-8-11
Use props
djiuser_R03qF7SG0d0K
lvl.1
United States

For everyone who hasnt read through the comments last time I will post it. Email support! Go to the DJI main web page, find support within the page, it may be on your drones page (ex dji air 2s, mini 3 specs page etc...) Email support say that your dji fly app is not working and you can not fly your drone.

Ask them for the beta patch. They will send you a link to download the newest patch. And boo. Drone works again
2022-8-11
Use props
Bern2
lvl.1
United States

Bern2 Posted at 8-9 10:39
I also have the same issue on a Pixel 6 that just did an Android 12 update yesterday.  I removed DJI fly and reloaded, still the same issue.  App just shows a blank white screen, then crashes to desktop.

My Pixel 6 did another update a few days ago and the fly app is now working fine on Android 12.
2022-8-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

egmo87 Posted at 8-11 07:37
I have the same problem with Pixel 5a, DJI Fly app won't load, tried several times

Hi there, we've released a new version of DJI Fly, you can download and install it through DJI's official website to see if it works. https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2022-8-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

RamFly Posted at 8-11 10:27
ME TO/Hello I have the DJI mini2 sinds 3 months and it workt good on my app in de samsung S71 but now sinds today it dosnt work enymore. wath can i do I dont  want to buy a new samsung please help. When i start de app DJIFLIY its stops you can mail

Hi, we've released a new version of DJI Fly, you can download and install it through DJI's official website to see if it works. https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2022-8-16
Use props
djiuser_yym8P13fcUAF
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-16 01:07
Hi, we've released a new version of DJI Fly, you can download and install it through DJI's official website to see if it works. https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly

I have tried the new download on my pixel 6 and it still doesn't work. How can I access the beta software?
2022-9-7
Use props
djiuser_yym8P13fcUAF
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-10 04:19

I have a pixel 6 with Android 13. The app crashes.
2022-9-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_yym8P13fcUAF Posted at 9-7 16:43
I have a pixel 6 with Android 13. The app crashes.

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Would you please check and confirm which app version of the DJI FLY App you are using now? Thanks.
2022-9-7
Use props
djiuser_yym8P13fcUAF
New
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-7 20:35
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Would you please check and confirm which app version of the DJI FLY App you are using now? Thanks.

1661425600183-DJI-v1.7.0-220824-2215-53447-official-sec.apk
2022-9-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_yym8P13fcUAF Posted at 9-9 06:14
1661425600183-DJI-v1.7.0-220824-2215-53447-official-sec.apk

Version v1.7.0 is the latest version. Please try to delete the older version of DJI Fly app from your device (back up the needed files and flight record files before removing the app) and install the latest version again.
If the issue persists, please provide a screenshot of the system version of your phone, and help to export the bug report to us. You can upload the file to Dropbox/Google Drive and send us the link. Thank you.
2022-9-10
Use props
djiuser_TVNcnskm4WgM
New
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-9 20:11
Sorry for the inconvenience. If there is any other issue with the app, please feel free to contact us.

My samsung S22 will dont load Fly app.. Ive done everything i could find to fix it... please help!
2022-12-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_TVNcnskm4WgM Posted at 12-25 18:07
My samsung S22 will dont load Fly app.. Ive done everything i could find to fix it... please help!

Hi there, sorry for the late reply. May I ask if the issue is solved? If not, please try to download and install the latest app through the link below to see if it works. https://www.dji.com/downloads/djiapp/dji-fly
2022-12-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules