Mini 3 Pro problem
3280 6 2022-8-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Viralsaber
lvl.2
Flight distance : 141070 ft
United States

I got my Mini 3 this past weekend and my first impressions were very good, my hope was that this little guy could replace my Phantom 4 ProV2.  First let me say it flys like a champ and the small footprint and long flight times make it very enjoyable to use.  The main reason I bought this drone was it's 48 MP camera, to my dismay it seems the drone will only take single pictures at that resolution.  This is a problem because I need to have the ability to take bracketed pictures and while that option is available it seems that the highest resolution pictures it will take are 12MP.  I can't understand why DJI would make a drone with a high rez camera like this and restrict it to single pictures but that seems to be the case.  Am I mistaken?

2022-8-9
Use props
juan55
lvl.3
Flight distance : 577096 ft
  • >>>
Spain

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=265161

AEB bracketing of 0.7 EV is uses less in photography…. Only option is shoot in PRO (Manual) and adjust Shutter speed to have the + - EV you need, shooting 3 or as much frames you need. Afterwards you blend them in post processing.
As this drone has a fixed diaphragm of f/1.7 … you can only play with the Shutter speed (must convenience) and the ISO to change the EV. The EV display showed in the screen in PRO mode is like the meter needle of the old manual cameras. Shows you how much far you are (in one side or other) from the perfect exposure.
For that, it helps to config the DIAL+ Custom Button, one for changing shutter speed and the other to change the ISO

2022-8-9
Use props
jefish
lvl.3
United States

I suspect they removed/disabled bracketing in the 48mp mode, since that mode introduces such a long processing delay between shots.
2022-8-9
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

Bracketing uses fast internal storage (maybe RAM?) to keep frames before storing them to SD card. This memory might not be big enough to keep 48mp frames. On the other hand, Mini 3 does not produce real 48mp pictures. You will have almost the same result just by upscaling 12mp photos produced by Mini 3 to 48mp.
2022-8-9
Use props
Viralsaber
lvl.2
United States

Tuxtard Posted at 8-9 10:52
Bracketing uses fast internal storage (maybe RAM?) to keep frames before storing them to SD card. This memory might not be big enough to keep 48mp frames. On the other hand, Mini 3 does not produce real 48mp pictures. You will have almost the same result just by upscaling 12mp photos produced by Mini 3 to 48mp.

What do you mean it doesn't take true 48 MP pictures?
2022-8-9
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

Viralsaber Posted at 8-9 10:58
What do you mean it doesn't take true 48 MP pictures?

Mini 3 has quad bayer sensor. In theory this kind of sensor should have less noise and better quality in 12mp.

You can find more details about this type of sensor here: https://m.gsmarena.com/quad_bayer_sensors_explained-news-37459.php
2022-8-9
Use props
Viralsaber
lvl.2
United States

Well that's incredibly disappointing, I really don't have any reason to keep it now.  
2022-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules