Come on DJI this is just DANGEROUS !!!
1189 36 2022-8-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
THE PRISONER
lvl.3
Flight distance : 890338 ft
United Kingdom

i still have the obsticle aviodance problem !!! it again just done it while flying, so i screen recorded to show you what happens (this recording starts just after it switched itself off) and this does the exactly the same thing while filming in 4k 30fps ......... so the problem is not because it is in 4k 60 fps and im up to date and running the latest firmware on rc and mini 3 pro and have done a re-install to try and solve it, but still it happens     
2022-8-11
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

i wouldn't call it "dangerous' but probably a little bit buggy, sure.  the mini 2 didn't have oa at all and i never considered it to be a "dangerous" drone.  maybe in the wrong hands, the drone might not be the easiest to fly safely without a collision but that doesn't mean it's "dangerous."  i can't really tell by your video but someone will probably dissect the issues and go thru the testing to uncover the bug that might exist on dji's first mini oa drone (which isn't perfect) but in the meantime, not necessary to be so dramatic, eh?  you posted a yt video for everyone to see on the mini 3 pro calling out the oa as dangerous because there is a glitch?  
2022-8-11
Use props
Goggles Pisano
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8810745 ft
  • >>>
United States

Probably thinks you are landing or flying indoors because your flying so low and slow. Does this happen at higher altitudes or higher speeds ?
2022-8-11
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

The bottom sensors are part of the safe landing protocol. They do not turn off. It's to keep from crashing into the ground. and actually the opposite of dangerous.
2022-8-11
Use props
THE PRISONER
lvl.3
United Kingdom

The Saint Posted at 8-11 09:04
i wouldn't call it "dangerous' but probably a little bit buggy, sure.  the mini 2 didn't have oa at all and i never considered it to be a "dangerous" drone.  maybe in the wrong hands, the drone might not be the easiest to fly safely without a collision but that doesn't mean it's "dangerous."  i can't really tell by your video but someone will probably dissect the issues and go thru the testing to uncover the bug that might exist on dji's first mini oa drone (which isn't perfect) but in the meantime, not necessary to be so dramatic, eh?  you posted a yt video for everyone to see on the mini 3 pro calling out the oa as dangerous because there is a glitch?

the main "selling point" for the mini 3 pro was the O.A for which i paid over £1000 for and for that to be  "a bit glitchy" then yeah that is dangerous !!! i too had the mini 2, and yes there was no O.A but you knew about it, so you accommodate your flying. i like to get up close to objects when filming and feel safe in the comfort that the Mini 3 will do its job, but for it to just turn off and on at random times with no warning signs !!! yeah i would call that VERY DANGEROUS !!! especially when new and inexperienced people are at the controls thinking, "its ok O.A. is on" and then bang !!! .............. if it says obstacle avoidance, then i expect O.A and for it to be working (as advertised) i dont know how you can say that its NOT dangerous ?????   
2022-8-11
Use props
THE PRISONER
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Goggles Pisano Posted at 8-11 09:14
Probably thinks you are landing or flying indoors because your flying so low and slow. Does this happen at higher altitudes or higher speeds ?

yeah, higher altitude too, its only that low as i was just screen recording and trying to show the problem
2022-8-11
Use props
THE PRISONER
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 8-11 09:34
The bottom sensors are part of the safe landing protocol. They do not turn off. It's to keep from crashing into the ground. and actually the opposite of dangerous.

and thats very true, the bottom sensors are indeed not dangerous ............. its the the sensors to stop you crashing into everything else (apart from the ground) thats dangerous lol
2022-8-11
Use props
Beta5K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196880 ft
United States

Not dangerous, was expecting something terrible.
Seems like you are unhappy with it. Just return it then.
2022-8-11
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

THE PRISONER Posted at 8-11 09:51
and thats very true, the bottom sensors are indeed not dangerous ............. its the the sensors to stop you crashing into everything else (apart from the ground) thats dangerous lol

NONE of the sensors are dangerous if you understand how and when to use them. Read the manual and search the forum and YouTube for hints and help.
2022-8-11
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am not arguing that its misbehaving is a good thing but I never trust the OA entirely, M2P/Z.

In fact I rarely have it on and I have never hit anything because of its non use.
Ultimately you are the pilot in command and the responsibility is yours, I would suggest complete reliance on OA working will lead to trouble.
2022-8-11
Use props
THE PRISONER
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 8-11 10:18
I am not arguing that its misbehaving is a good thing but I never trust the OA entirely, M2P/Z.

In fact I rarely have it on and I have never hit anything because of its non use.

wise words indeed sean and yes that is how i fly it (as if there were no O.A) but i would of stuck with my trusted mini 2, its been like this since ive had it, among all the other "glitches" the mini 3 and controler has had since its release, and the confidence ive built up since flying the mini 2 has now been lost since flying the mini 3, its turned into a game of "what glitch is about to happen" every time i fly lol
2022-8-11
Use props
THE PRISONER
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 8-11 10:06
NONE of the sensors are dangerous if you understand how and when to use them. Read the manual and search the forum and YouTube for hints and help.

was there any need to write that ? ........... i dont think it says in the manual "the sensors will turn off and on at random times with out any warning at all" ............ if it does can you point out that bit for me
2022-8-11
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Again, the bottom sensor does not turn off. You can disable the front, rear and top ones.
2022-8-11
Use props
Flormo2002
Second Officer
Flight distance : 12425794 ft
  • >>>
United States

Odd behavior for sure. Hopefully DJI will chime in?
2022-8-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It seems like a glitch although second test didn’t seem that close. OA will not be optimum in lowlight as we seen in the first clip. You say you like to film up close , then turning off OA will get you close having it on not so close.

Looking at it I think it maybe the first clip was lowlight and the second was not close enough.
Mine works fine but I know it has limits , its not dangerous indeed you will get clear warnings when it detects and none if it doesn’t.
2022-8-11
Use props
Beta5K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196880 ft
United States

Flormo2002 Posted at 8-11 10:52

DJI will chime in with the same answer, saying they will forward this to their respective team to look into this, or ask to email their support.
2022-8-11
Use props
THE PRISONER
lvl.3
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 8-11 11:03
It seems like a glitch although second test didn’t seem that close. OA will not be optimum in lowlight as we seen in the first clip. You say you like to film up close , then turning off OA will get you close having it on not so close.

Looking at it I think it maybe the first clip was lowlight and the second was not close enough.

the video was not a test ? i know it glitches so i wasnt trying to get close to things at all (that would be stupid) it was just to show the randomness of it going off and on and not being able to turn it on when it turns itself off every time it feels like glitching and to show that there is no warnings what so ever !!! it does it in perfect daylight with no dim or dark bits to confuse it, it also does it up in the air (so not near the ground) it does it randomly without warning. i have to get it back to myself, shut down the mini 3 and turn it back on again, for me to be in control of the sensors ........... then it will glitch at any other random point .......... hopefully someone else will leave a note who suffers from this glitch, as i know theres a few people who have this problem too. this is far from "normal" behaviour.
2022-8-11
Use props
THE PRISONER
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Flormo2002 Posted at 8-11 10:52

fingers crossed
2022-8-11
Use props
THE PRISONER
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 8-11 10:45
Again, the bottom sensor does not turn off. You can disable the front, rear and top ones.

i give up, lol
2022-8-11
Use props
THE PRISONER
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Beta5K Posted at 8-11 12:35
DJI will chime in with the same answer, saying they will forward this to their respective team to look into this, or ask to email their support.

yep, i know that one will be coming lol
2022-8-11
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Its disabled for 4k 60fps, if its the same for 4k 30fps, please do a video at that setting

Also, the height is negative, it may have a bearing on this, or it may not...

EDIT: my bad, i was confusing APAS with OA, I've never had a drone with APAS til now, so still new to me

2022-8-11
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think we have a vastly different definition of dangerous.  
2022-8-11
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 8-11 20:29

I think dangerous could be the act of reading all the goofball answers here!  If a 6 ounce drone hits my face, I brush it off.
2022-8-11
Use props
THE PRISONER
lvl.3
United Kingdom

TonyPHX Posted at 8-11 20:29

yes and that is because, i think about others and not only myself
2022-8-11
Use props
THE PRISONER
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 8-11 18:18
Its disabled for 4k 60fps, if its the same for 4k 30fps, please do a video at that setting

Also, the height is negative, it may have a bearing on this, or it may not...

please ...........  it still detects at 60fps but it will not go around objects at 60fps, if it didnt work at 60fps, why was it working in the first place lol ........... and yes it does the exact same glitch in 30fps
2022-8-11
Use props
THE PRISONER
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Beta5K Posted at 8-11 09:58
Not dangerous, was expecting something terrible.
Seems like you are unhappy with it. Just return it then.

im so sorry to disappoint you, maybe sometime in the future there will be some footage of someone getting injured and that footage will not disappoint you as much as my video.
2022-8-11
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

THE PRISONER Posted at 8-11 21:11
please ...........  it still detects at 60fps but it will not go around objects at 60fps, if it didnt work at 60fps, why was it working in the first place lol ........... and yes it does the exact same glitch in 30fps

Ah ok, i got ya, i haven't gone as far as this to use the sensors so i am quite new to this myself.
I assume you're using the DJI RC (screened remote)?

If so then i will test mine a mo...
2022-8-11
Use props
THE PRISONER
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 8-11 22:12
Ah ok, i got ya, i haven't gone as far as this to use the sensors so i am quite new to this myself.
I assume you're using the DJI RC (screened remote)?

yep, im using the screened remote i will also try and go out again later and get some more footage of the problem ........ and thank you for your replies Bashy
2022-8-11
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GaryDoug Posted at 8-11 20:46
I think dangerous could be the act of reading all the goofball answers here!  If a 6 ounce drone hits my face, I brush it off.

Thats a bit expectant of a wee toddler, wouldnt you agree?

Here in the UK we are expected to mitigate risk as much as possible.
"What if's", that's the mindset that we are expected to have, if not then we wouldnt be responsible pilots.

You crashing your mini drone into your face, that's all well and good, you may just brush it off, depending...

...It's not about the pilot, it's about the public, whether or not it could be dangerous to others, like I said, I don't think you could get away with saying, brush it off, wipe a bit of dirt in it" to a toddler.

You think I've gone too far?
I've exaggerated, perhaps?
another UK incident
Not the UK but i felt it needed to be shown
2022-8-11
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

THE PRISONER Posted at 8-11 22:25
yep, im using the screened remote  i will also try and go out again later and get some more footage of the problem ........ and thank you for your replies Bashy

No probs, just tried it in the garden but i cannot replicate it
2022-8-11
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

"Dangerous" is a gross exaggeration. It's a feature which MAY not work as it should.  Ultimate responsibility for avoiding Danger lies with the pilot.
2022-8-12
Use props
THE PRISONER
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 8-12 07:44
"Dangerous" is a gross exaggeration. It's a feature which MAY not work as it should.  Ultimate responsibility for avoiding Danger lies with the pilot.

said the lawyers in a court of law ......... lol
2022-8-12
Use props
THE PRISONER
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 8-11 23:05
No probs, just tried it in the garden but i cannot replicate it

thanks for taking the time to try bashy ;) .......... i will give it another go again soon ......... as it seems to happens often with mine
2022-8-12
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

THE PRISONER Posted at 8-12 13:39
said the lawyers in a court of law ......... lol

2022-8-12
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Bottom line. If you feel it is dangerous, send it back to exchange for another. Or get a refund.
2022-8-12
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bashy Posted at 8-11 22:29
Thats a bit expectant of a wee toddler, wouldnt you agree?

Here in the UK we are expected to mitigate risk as much as possible.

I voted you up even though I disagree with some of your comments. Better safe than sorry I guess. I am certainly more dangerous just driving down the road today in a 3500 lb car. And yet we put up with that for some reason;-) Perspective helps.
2022-8-13
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

GaryDoug Posted at 8-13 20:39
I voted you up even though I disagree with some of your comments. Better safe than sorry I guess. I am certainly more dangerous just driving down the road today in a 3500 lb car. And yet we put up with that for some reason;-) Perspective helps.

Thank you

There are inherent risks in everyday things that we do in life, but with a vehicle, we are or should be insured, and being behind the wheel I feel gives us more control of the vehicle than it would if it was RC'ed, and we are held 100% accountable if something goes wrong, yet you still get idiots that treat them the same way that some treat drones, with a lack of respect.

Funny you say perspective, that's what many drone accidents stem from or should I say a lack of
2022-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules