668 6 2022-8-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
delboyuk2508
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1161804 ft
United Kingdom

Hi

I am experiencing a niggling fault where when I hit the return to home button, the drone does what its been set to do but it doesn't fully face forward to the home point, it flies back at a slight angle from forward as if it is set to fly sideways, I have refreshed the latest firmware and carried out a calibration of the compass, and updated to the latest Fly app, but the error still persists. I can of course manually rotate the aircraft while it is returning to face any direction with no issues. Any thought would be welcome.

Cheers
2022-8-13
Use props
FabioV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961437 ft
Croatia

I suggest to do a IMU calibration and to verify if it performs in the right way: put it at the beginning of a straight road and see if it moves forward following the road. If it moves to one side, you can adjust manually the calibration.
2022-8-13
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Are you certain it is the drone that is 'off' and not tne gimbal?
Eitherway if you read teh instructions on https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/  you should be able to retrieve a flight log where this behaviour occurred. Up load the log to that site  and post the resulting URL here.

If it is the gimbal that is askew have you tried the manual adjustment feature in the fly app?

2022-8-13
Use props
DJI-Osmo-User-1
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Recalibrate the compass on your mobile
2022-8-13
Use props
BWJ
Second Officer

Denmark

DJI-Osmo-User-1 Posted at 8-13 07:41
Recalibrate the compass on your mobile

The phone's GPS is not used by the drone
2022-8-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there delboyuk2508. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you  for reaching out. May we please know if you are receiving any error message on the DJI Fly application and may we please know before having this issue did your DJI Mini 2 had a hard landing or a crash before? Thank you.
2022-8-13
Use props
delboyuk2508
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1161804 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I am not aware of any error messages, it has not had a crash or hard landing.

This problem only started happening recently probably after a firmware update I would think.

Further to my previous message I have re-calibrated the IMU and compass but the fault is still there.

I did some testing yesterday, and recorded my screen which I will post a link to at the end, and when I hit the RTH button it does what it is programmed to do but does not turn 180 degrees, if I cancel the RTH then hit it again it turns the remaining degrees to make 180, you will see from the video how this is happening, I sent it out twice yesterday and it did it both times, it always comes back but not straight ahead, unless I cancel the RTH and do it again.

here is the link to the video: RTH Video
If that doesn't work, here's one on Youtube:
2022-8-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules