New advice on slow speed user-adjust on RC-Pro
2270 11 2022-8-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
christangey
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Direct from DJI Support. I have heard rumours for a long time about being able to use adjustments crews to fix the slow speed issue (getting the M3 to fly as slow as the M2P)
on the M3, but personally I had never been able to track down how you actually go about it, until now.

I am still considering whether I will try this or not as it must have some inherent risk and DJI have indicated they are also working on a firmware solution for this anyway.

However I will put this out there for those who wish to try it, word for word from DJI (PS In trying to post this no matter what I do, by including the photo provided by DJI, the forum tells me the post is "oversize". So if you want the photo you can find it in the Mavicpilots forum or just email me via the Alice Springs Film and Television website, thanks!) :

"Like the DJI FPV remote controller, the control stick hand feel of the DJI RC Pro remote controller is adjustable. Details are as follow. However, you also know that our final plan to optimize the speed in Cine mode will still focus on providing speed adjustment options, that is, starting from the engine level. So in fact, the meaning of a single adjustment of the "accelerator pedal" may not be that big.

The screw size is H1.5 socket head cap screw

Right control stick:

F1 Right Stick Recentering Adjustment Screw (Vertical): Tighten the screw clockwise to increase the operation resistance in the upper and lower direction of the control stick at the corresponding side, and vice versa.

F2 Right Stick Recentering Adjustment Screw (Vertical): Tighten the screw clockwise to prevent the control stick from recentering in the upper and lower direction at the corresponding side, and vice versa.

Left control stick:

F1 Left Stick Recentering Adjustment Screw (Vertical): Tighten the screw clockwise to increase the operation resistance in the upper and lower direction of the control stick at the corresponding side, and vice versa.

F2 Left Stick Recentering Adjustment Screw (Vertical): Tighten the screw clockwise to prevent the control stick from recentering in the upper and lower direction at the corresponding side, and vice versa.

Note: F2 Right Stick Recentering Adjustment Screw (Vertical) and F1 Left Stick Recentering Adjustment Screw (Vertical) are in the customizable C1/C2 buttons. To adjust them, open the portion with printed letters on the C1/C2 button, and the screw holes can be seen inside."

2022-8-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, christan. Thank you for reaching out. We appreciate you for sharing this information with us. I will also make a follow-up on your request regarding this one and will keep you posted once I receive information. Thank you for your understanding and support!
2022-8-14
Use props
christangey
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-14 18:55
Hi there, christan. Thank you for reaching out. We appreciate you for sharing this information with us. I will also make a follow-up on your request regarding this one and will keep you posted once I receive information. Thank you for your understanding and support!

Thanks Paladin, very much appreciated
2022-8-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing Chris.
2022-8-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So thats the screws on the diagram by the grips?
2022-8-15
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

What does "open the portion with printed letters on the C1/C2 button, and the screw holes can be seen inside." mean? I don't see that the rubber caps on the C1/C2 buttons are removable? When I try, it almost feels like they're going to tear or break to try to pry them up.
Can we see a picture of where these screw holes are and how to get to them?
2022-8-15
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It would have taken them longer to write out the instructions for this hardware fix than to just release a firmware patch to let us decide how slow it flies...
2022-8-15
Use props
Oulala
lvl.3
France

CloudVisual Posted at 8-15 08:21
It would have taken them longer to write out the instructions for this hardware fix than to just release a firmware patch to let us decide how slow it flies...

that's very true
2022-8-15
Use props
luciens
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Never mind - I found the other adjustment screw. Sure enough, it's directly under the "C1" and "C2" rubber labels, and you can bend them out of the way to get at the adjustment screw...
2022-8-15
Use props
christangey
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

luciens Posted at 8-15 14:27
Never mind - I found the other adjustment screw. Sure enough, it's directly under the "C1" and "C2" rubber labels, and you can bend them out of the way to get at the adjustment screw...

Let me know how you go Luciens
2022-8-15
Use props
christangey
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 8-15 06:55
So thats the screws on the diagram by the grips?[view_image]

Plus one each under the C1 and C2 buttons
2022-8-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

christangey Posted at 8-14 20:05
Thanks Paladin, very much appreciated

Always my pleasure, christan. Wish you a blessed day ahead!
2022-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules