DJI please add this on the fly app
640 9 2022-8-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vision M3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1047536 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

Hello DJI can you kindly add an on and off software switch to the DJI FLYApp to shut off the bottom postioning sensors? We had this function in most of the past mavics. I will and i am sure others apprecaite if you can put it on the mavic 3

2022-8-15
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Standby for someone to come on and tyell you that they'll pass that on to the relevant department.
That is code for, thanks, we'll completely ignore your request, like it's been ignored the last hundred times people have asked/suggested the same thing.
2022-8-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-8-15
Use props
sky_makai
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3397539 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-15 19:19
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.

I agree with this request. I think any feature that was removed from the Mavic 2 needs to be added to the Mavic 3.  The Mavic 3 should be an obvious 'upgrade'.  

Disabling the bottom vision sensors is necessary for smooth flights close to objects below.

Thank you.
2022-8-15
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am a bit conflicted on this issue. If we disable the down sensors, we risk crashing down on something we would otherwise like to avoid. And we would vastly reduce the accuracy of the positioning at low heights. I think it is a double-edged sword. I have not yet experienced any reason to revert to GPS-only flight. But I have to admit not being a power user myself.
2022-8-15
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

GaryDoug Posted at 8-15 20:31
I am a bit conflicted on this issue. If we disable the down sensors, we risk crashing down on something we would otherwise like to avoid. And we would vastly reduce the accuracy of the positioning at low heights. I think it is a double-edged sword. I have not yet experienced any reason to revert to GPS-only flight. But I have to admit not being a power user myself.

It has it's uses, but it's not essential for most flight.
At the same time, not having the option to disable it brings some limitations.
Like having a 3 metre height limit if you want to fly anywhere where GPS is not available.
Having the option to disable (which was available in DJI Go 4) would be very useful for some flyers.
2022-8-15
Use props
Vision M3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1047536 ft
Trinidad and Tobago

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-15 19:19
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thank you, apprecaited
2022-8-16
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

+1 on requesting this feature.  It would be nice to be able to disable the sensors programatically.
2022-8-16
Use props
GTS 350
lvl.4

United States

Could you also add a feature where the app doesn't crash every time you try to start it?
2022-8-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Vision M3 Posted at 8-16 04:36
Thank you, apprecaited

You are most welcome. Thank you for choosing DJI! Take care always.
2022-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules