Oups !
691 8 2022-8-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Joël Ziburis
lvl.1
Belgium

Ce jour, mon Mavic Air 2 était de sortie. Je travaille sans problème avec un Ipad Mini sur support spécial. Dès la mise en route, une bande rouge m'avise que l'appareil n'est pas connecté. Tout semble prêt pour le décollage : comme je vole en mode 1, je pousse le manche droit pour mettre les gaz ; pas de réponse. Je flaire l'ambrouille et essaie avec le manche gauche : il décolle ! Las, par plus de 30 mètres d'altitude et blocage à 50 mètres de distance. Je remballe et remet tout en marche ; je me vois obligé de passer en wifi de ma maison et dois encoder mon mot de passe DJI. Je constate que toute seule, la télécommande est passée en mode de pilotage 2 et je clique sur le mode 1. Je remets le Mavic en vol et miracle, plus de problèmes.
Je ne sais ce que les ingénieurs ont dans la tête, mais il semblerait qu'après une longue période d'inutilisation (probablement un an dans mon cas) , le Mavic Air 2 perde la mémoire.
C'est assez fâcheux si on a fait 100 Km pour photographier un site et que l'on n'a pas de borne Wifi à proximité ; je n'ai pas de carte SIM dans mon Ipad Mini, ce qui n'arrange rien.
Copie à revoir DJI !
2022-8-16
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Google translate gives   

This day, my Mavic Air 2 was out. I work without problem with an Ipad Mini on special support. Upon startup, a red band informs me that the device is not connected. Everything seems ready for takeoff: as I fly in mode 1, I push the right stick to put the gas; no answer. I smell the mess and try with the left stick: it takes off! Las, by more than 30 meters of altitude and blocking with 50 meters of distance. I pack up and start everything up again; I see myself having to switch to wifi from my house and have to enter my DJI password. I notice that the remote control has gone into piloting mode 2 on its own and I click on mode 1. I put the Mavic back in flight and miraculously, no more problems.
I don't know what the engineers have in mind, but it seems that after a long period of non-use (probably a year in my case), the Mavic Air 2 loses its memory.
It's quite unfortunate if you've traveled 100 km to photograph a site and you don't have a Wifi terminal nearby; I don't have a SIM card in my Ipad Mini, which doesn't help.
Copy to review DJI!

2022-8-16
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Je me demande pourquoi, au bout d'un an pendant lequel votre drone est resté inactif, vous n'avez pas reflêchit sur la nécessité de tout verifier avant de ne partir 100 Kms afin d'arriver à un échec.
Ce n'est guère la faute à DJI que vous n'ayez pas fait des verifications elémentaires.
2022-8-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. There are some instances that your flight will be restricted to flight altitudes of 30 meters and 50 meters distance. If you are not logged in to the DJI Fly app, it is normal that the flight altitude and distance will be limited. You may also experience this issue when you are flying in a restricted flight zone and when taking off in an environment with poor GPS signals (where the number of satellites searched does not reach the minimum requirements for the aircraft to hover). Hope this helps. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-8-16
Use props
Joël Ziburis
lvl.1
Belgium

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-16 21:55
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. There are some instances that your flight will be restricted to flight altitudes of 30 meters and 50 meters distance. If you are not logged in to the DJI Fly app, it is normal that the flight altitude and distance will be limited. You may also experience this issue when you are flying in a restricted flight zone and when taking off in an environment with poor GPS signals (where the number of satellites searched does not reach the minimum requirements for the aircraft to hover). Hope this helps. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thank you for your answer,

All was OK : satellites, flight zone etc. The problem was different : the Mavic Air 2 system asked an Internet connexion. I have no SIM card inside my IPad Mini. The selected flight mode was 2, not  mine (Mode 1) and in limited flight area.  Return to home : Net  Wifi connection and my own parameters reentered. All is OK now. I do'nt understand the reason why after a long period of time, the system turns itself to  an other configuration...
Best regards
2022-8-17
Use props
Joël Ziburis
lvl.1
Belgium

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-16 21:55

Thanks for the answer,

My Mavic Air2 was OK : connected to the app. GPS OK, no restricted flight zone....but asked me an internet connexion. No Sim card inside my Ipad Mini !
I am flying in Mode 1 and the system has turned itself in mode 2. Moreover the flight area was shorted.
Return to home, connexion to Internet, selected flight mode 1 and test : all is OK now.
So what ! It seems after a long  period of non use, the system turns itself on something dispite the DJI app was active...
2022-8-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Joël Ziburis Posted at 8-17 01:48

All was OK : satellites, flight zone etc. The problem was different : the Mavic Air 2 system asked an Internet connexion. I have no SIM card inside my IPad Mini. The selected flight mode was 2, not  mine (Mode 1) and in limited flight area.  Return to home : Net  Wifi connection and my own parameters reentered. All is OK now. I do'nt understand the reason why after a long period of time, the system turns itself to  an other configuration...

Thank you for keeping us posted. We're glad that the unit was working fine right now. We will also forward this to our designated team for further clarification. Thank you for your valued support!
2022-8-24
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Joël Ziburis Posted at 8-17 01:48

Hi,

Sometimes it happens that the DJI flyapp is logout. Don`t know why but it happens.

My advice is after long period of not flying to check before a flight if all is oke, latest firmware, or app , settings, battery + rc charged etc. Just part of flight preparation.

But indeed weird that mode2 was on and not your once selected mode1.

Happy many safe landings,
cheers
JJB
2022-8-25
Use props
Joël Ziburis
lvl.1
Belgium

JJB* Posted at 8-25 02:02
Hi,

Sometimes it happens that the DJI flyapp is logout. Don`t know why but it happens.

Hi Captain,
You'r right : I am waiting an answer from DJI, but it seems better to check at any time before flight.
Best regards
Joël
2022-8-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules