New DJI FlyApp 1.6.12 ready for download.
1854 22 2022-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

The new FlyApp version is available on DJI's download page for Android and IOS.
Also can be updated inside the FlyApp.

What's New:
- Removed app album. Files downloaded from aircraft will be directly saved to DJI Album in system photo library on mobile device.
"And as usual:"
- Fixes certain issues and optimizes overall app quality.

2022-8-17
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 233064 ft
United Kingdom

that's why all my media has a date of today so my outings are no longer grouped by date
2022-8-17
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Germany

Yup, mine as well.
Hopefully all future pics will be sorted again.
But you could have unchecked the box to keep the App Album.
2022-8-17
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

Updated, but my flight history is not working. Flights are there but can't open any of them. Anyone else having this problem?
2022-8-17
Use props
SgtMercy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1100558 ft
United States

Tuxtard Posted at 8-17 12:32
Updated, but my flight history is not working. Flights are there but can't open any of them. Anyone else having this problem?

I have this issue on my Android device after the update. It lists all the flights but can't open them.
My RC controller still works fine probably because that wasn't updated and is still on 1.6.9.
2022-8-17
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

SgtMercy Posted at 8-17 12:51
I have this issue on my Android device after the update. It lists all the flights but can't open them.
My RC controller still works fine probably because that wasn't updated and is still on 1.6.9.

Try restarting your device. Mine works fine after the update.
2022-8-17
Use props
SgtMercy
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1100558 ft
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 8-17 13:43
Try restarting your device. Mine works fine after the update.

Nope, still doesn't work. It's possible it's an Android 13 issue.
2022-8-17
Use props
GTS 350
lvl.4

United States

Who care, it still crashes with Android OS 12.
dji has the worst software/firmware of any drone manufacturer even the no name $50 drones have better software.
2022-8-17
Use props
fansc06ebc43
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1641529 ft
United States

Thanks DJI! In the FLY App one could view/manipulate Panorama Shots. IOS pics only displays a flat pice of S...!

Point: now i need aditional app just to viewa pano!!!

All great things the DJI Drones and app can do - one brain-fart can ruin a good thing.

2022-8-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing.  
2022-8-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there MySky. Good day and thank you for giving out these information. Again, thank you for your support and keep flying.
2022-8-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there MySky. Good day and thank you for giving out these information. Again, thank you for your support and keep flying.
2022-8-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I wonder if the RC will get an update soon then.
2022-8-17
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

GTS 350 Posted at 8-17 15:45
Who care, it still crashes with Android OS 12.
dji has the worst software/firmware of any drone manufacturer even the no name $50 drones have better software.

dji has the worst software/firmware of any drone manufacturer
Really?
I've never noticed a problem and I've been flying for years.
But I've been using a tablet with a fast processor and plenty of RAM.
2022-8-18
Use props
Tuxtard
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9975610 ft
Serbia

Labroides Posted at 8-18 00:27
Really?

Strange that you never noticed any problems. Currently we have flight logs not working. Previously Android app 1.6.9 completely stopped working for Android 12 users. Before that we had very frequent crashes and app freezes on Android. It was especially problematic on new DJI RC where whole controller stopped responding. Before that we had compass issues. Devices with Exynos CPUs are still experiencing crashes and other random problems after years of different random faults. Few months ago iOS users were experiencing excessive screen dimming to the point where you couldn't see anything. Mini 2 front LED was broken at some point and we are still unable to reset gimbal settings on Mini 2 after more than 6 months of this issue being reported.
2022-8-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Tuxtard Posted at 8-18 02:53
Strange that you never noticed any problems. Currently we have flight logs not working. Previously Android app 1.6.9 completely stopped working for Android 12 users. Before that we had very frequent crashes and app freezes on Android. It was especially problematic on new DJI RC where whole controller stopped responding. Before that we had compass issues. Devices with Exynos CPUs are still experiencing crashes and other random problems after years of different random faults. Few months ago iOS users were experiencing excessive screen dimming to the point where you couldn't see anything. Mini 2 front LED was broken at some point and we are still unable to reset gimbal settings on Mini 2 after more than 6 months of this issue being reported.

Strange that you never noticed any problems.
Not really ... I've just got a great tablet that runs things properly and don't have auto-updating enabled.
2022-8-18
Use props
SeehawerB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5414203 ft
  • >>>
Germany

The official 1.6.12 now works on my Samsung S20 5G with Android 12. As did the "unofficial" from some days ago.
Thanks.
2022-8-18
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Germany

SeehawerB Posted at 8-18 06:02
The official 1.6.12 now works on my Samsung S20 5G with Android 12. As did the "unofficial" from some days ago.
Thanks.

Strange, i haven't had any issues with my S20 5G, but now with the Flight Log as already reported.
It is the same mess as it was with the new RC.
2022-8-18
Use props
gevigil253
lvl.4

El Salvador

yo  sigo utilizando un Viejo Samsung S9 normal con la aplicación 1.4.8 , no he actualizado ni el dispositivo ni el drone y vuelo de maravilla, duermo tranquilo y sigo haciendo tomas epicas... no lo recomiendo pero me funciona al 100%
2022-8-18
Use props
fansc06ebc43
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1641529 ft
United States

New DJI FlyApp 1.6.12 ready for download  Thanks DJI! In the FLY App before 1.6.12 one could view/manipulate Panorama Shots. IOS pics only displays a flat pice of S...! Point: now i need aditional app just to viewa pano!!! All great things the DJI Drones and app can do - one brain-fart can ruin a good thing.
2022-8-18
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Labroides Posted at 8-18 00:27
Really?

Now you exagerate it a little...
I use also powerful tabs and phones, way over specs, even P30 Pro that is in DJI's list, but i have noticed few problems...
Even at new RC I experienced a full reset in mid flight...
So allow me not to believe you that all things at you works flawlessly.

Cheers.
2022-8-18
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

Geo_Drone Posted at 8-18 23:52
Now you exagerate it a little...
I use also powerful tabs and phones, way over specs, even P30 Pro that is in DJI's list, but i have noticed few problems...
Even at new RC I experienced a full reset in mid flight...

Believe what you like, it makes no difference to me.
I know how my equipment performs.
I use it professionally in environments where I can't afford to have problems and it never lets me down.
And that's no exaggeration.

2022-8-19
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Labroides Posted at 8-19 03:14
Believe what you like, it makes no difference to me.
I know how my equipment performs.

Well, lucky you. Probably a lucky rabbit foot, as I have never heard any friend with DJI and without a glitch or bug...maybe yours is special .
Of course, does not matter you have super tablets....or extra CPU....is enough an Android 10 and a tab with 4 Gb Ram and CPU Snapdragon, in order to run very good, but from here to Perfect all time...is a long way.
Cheers.
2022-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules