DJI Fly v1.6.12 Released
2925 29 2022-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TomKatt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115184 ft
United States

Is it me, or does DJI not post when new releases are published?  Seems like they ought to, especially when there are changes like removing the app album...  To their credit, at least they mentioned that, because the "Fixes certain issues" comment means nothing.

Personally, until I need it my old iOS version seems to be working just fine...   Apple makes it virtually impossible to revert back to older versions if DJI removes them from the App Store (which they do).  But if you've encountered problems, the new version might be worth a shot.

EDIT - Be aware there are some reports of this new release causing issues related to displaying flight logs... (and another...)

• 1.6.12Aug 17, 2022
    What's New

- Removed app album. Files downloaded from aircraft will be directly saved to DJI Album in system photo library on mobile device.

- Fixes certain issues and optimizes overall app quality.

2022-8-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing.
2022-8-17
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there TomKatt. Good day and thank you for giving out these information about the DJI Fly v1.6.12 application. Again, thank you for your support and keep flying.

2022-8-17
Use props
MBSL500
lvl.4
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-17 19:32
Hello there TomKatt. Good day and thank you for giving out these information about the DJI Fly v1.6.12 application. Again, thank you for your support and keep flying.

[view_image]

He wasn't singing the praises of the new version. It was more of a notice (warning) to those considering installing it.
2022-8-21
Use props
MySky
Second Officer
Flight distance : 364902 ft
Germany

On the 19. Aug. DJI has released a new build version where the issues have been fixed.
2022-8-21
Use props
MBSL500
lvl.4
United States

MySky Posted at 8-21 11:17
On the 19. Aug. DJI has released a new build version where the issues have been fixed.

Yes, DJI released a different build number but used the same version number.
If the coders where I work pulled that kind of crap they'd be fired.

2022-8-21
Use props
T2B
lvl.1
Flight distance : 640869 ft
United States

Eeesh. Having updated I’m now wondering if I should wait to fly.
2022-8-21
Use props
djiuser_uAs9w6RoAsRK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 94780 ft

Austria

Hello,
I have installed the latest Update. But the Photos don't sync anymore. The switch in the App is on, but it only syncs the Videos. I have to download the Photos directly from the Drone. Can anyone give me a helpng Hand?
Thx Chris
2022-8-21
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_uAs9w6RoAsRK Posted at 8-21 23:23
Hello,
I have installed the latest Update. But the Photos don't sync anymore. The switch in the App is on, but it only syncs the Videos. I have to download the Photos directly from the Drone. Can anyone give me a helpng Hand?
Thx Chris

I think this photo syncing issue was introduced with a previous version as I have not upgraded yet and have this problem.

I think it's also mentioned in another post here somewhere.
2022-8-22
Use props
Onkel Iroh
lvl.1

Greece

Thanks for the Answer.I tried today, 2 times it worked, the 3rd time it didn't sync.So i hope an update may fix it.
LG Chris
2022-8-22
Use props
Onkel Iroh
lvl.1

Austria

Found another little issue,  when you start in C-mode the mini2 flyes with 10m/s whats the speed of N-mode is.you have to switch to n or s, then back to c after this it works with 6m/s.
2022-8-22
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Onkel Iroh Posted at 8-22 08:07
Found another little issue,  when you start in C-mode the mini2 flyes with 10m/s whats the speed of N-mode is.you have to switch to n or s, then back to c after this it works with 6m/s.

Not an issue. It's always been that way. It's a safety thing to preveny taking off in Sport.
2022-8-22
Use props
GTS 350
lvl.4

United States

MBSL500 Posted at 8-21 12:27
I would be happy if the only issue was the build title. Leaving the build number the same is the least of their problems. They should be fired for the terrible buggy code they use and the fact that each version brings more issues. If their hardware wasn't so good they would be out of business.

Anyone else notice this site crashes the browser you use on android (I tried 2 different devices and 3 different browsers) They must use the same people to design the site that write their apps.
2022-8-22
Use props
Onkel Iroh
lvl.1

Austria

Mobilehomer Posted at 8-22 08:24
Not an issue. It's always been that way. It's a safety thing to preveny taking off in Sport.

When you take off in Cinema Mode it starts with 10m/s but should start with 6m/s.You have to switch to normal then back to cinema then it flyes with 6m/s.I never start in sport mode.
2022-8-22
Use props
MBSL500
lvl.4
United States

GTS 350 Posted at 8-22 09:32
I would be happy if the only issue was the build title. Leaving the build number the same is the least of their problems. They should be fired for the terrible buggy code they use and the fact that each version brings more issues. If their hardware wasn't so good they would be out of business.

Anyone else notice this site crashes the browser you use on android (I tried 2 different devices and 3 different browsers) They must use the same people to design the site that write their apps.

Putting the final touch on latest Fly App before releasing.  

2022-8-22
Use props
Rockbyter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 194472 ft
United Kingdom

I wonder if it's time to do a complete re-write?  My experience of programming has always shown that once you start inserting code to make things into what they never were you end up with bloated software that has so many additions and jumps in it it never works properly.  then what happens is another piece gets changed that fails to change some other piece that was inserted and the whole thing goes tits up.  Just my thoughts and the ramblings of an aged drone flyer.
2022-8-22
Use props
GTS 350
lvl.4

United States

Rockbyter Posted at 8-22 10:17
I wonder if it's time to do a complete re-write?  My experience of programming has always shown that once you start inserting code to make things into what they never were you end up with bloated software that has so many additions and jumps in it it never works properly.  then what happens is another piece gets changed that fails to change some other piece that was inserted and the whole thing goes tits up.  Just my thoughts and the ramblings of an aged drone flyer.
You're right this app is so patched together it never will run as good as it could. But don't expect dji to do anything about it.
2022-8-22
Use props
blue_canyon21
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23325935 ft
United States

Honestly, I think they need to make a separate app for each class of drone. When you get into creating a universal app, you create a lot of room for bugs.

Fixing a bug for the Mini 3 might cause a bug for the Air 2... Have separate apps would make things a lot easier for the developers and make for much more stable apps.
2022-8-22
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
United States

MBSL500 Posted at 8-21 12:27

I haven't been paying attention that closely - thanks for pointing that out!

I wonder - if you updated to the "original" update version if the software would recognize the "updated" update because they have the same version number ?

Best case - the app says you need to update to the same version you already updated to...  Talk about user confusion !!!

Yes - very bad practice!
2022-8-23
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
United States

Welcome to the modern world, where all software is BETA and users are the test subjects.  It's been this way for quite some time.

It's not likely to get much better - recoding costs money and companies see no return on that.
2022-8-23
Use props
lakeguy55
lvl.3
Flight distance : 45892 ft
United States

Not working for me.

Two days ago, I took my first flight in awhile. Updated all software and firmware to latest versions, including this one. Using my Galaxy S22 Ultra, had a great flight, no issues.

Just tried another flight. No go. Fly app crashes with an error that there is a bug and I need to wait for the developers to release another version.

Stopped app, cleared cache, restarted phone, etc. Still the same symptoms and error. Guess I'm grounded until the next update. But how do I update if current version won't even run?
2022-8-23
Use props
lakeguy55
lvl.3
Flight distance : 45892 ft
United States

lakeguy55 Posted at 8-23 09:16
Not working for me.

Two days ago, I took my first flight in awhile. Updated all software and firmware to latest versions, including this one. Using my Galaxy S22 Ultra, had a great flight, no issues.
NM. Answered my own question. Uninstall app and install new one from Google store

Update: just realized the version on my phone is v1. 6.9, not .12. Uninstalled . 9 version, no version in Google store. Hopefully I can pull from DJI site

Update 2. Installed .12 from DJI site. Back in business. Still leaves the question on why app said I was current on updates when I was not.
2022-8-23
Use props
djiuser_HKir7bArYhtn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 502638 ft
Canada

This release is not only buggy, but it has also ruined a perfectly good UX. I miss the App Album. It was great to have immediate access to your photos (that are stored on the SD card in the aircraft) directly in the app without needing to download any of them. Now, as soon as your turn off the drone or disconnect the controller, you no longer have access to view your photos unless you either turn the drone back on and connect the phone via the controller, or remove the SD card from the drone to view them on another device, or remember to manually download each photo individually while you’re still connected to the drone. This was a terrible idea to remove the App Album from the app!
2022-8-24
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_HKir7bArYhtn Posted at 8-24 20:17
This release is not only buggy, but it has also ruined a perfectly good UX. I miss the App Album. It was great to have immediate access to your photos (that are stored on the SD card in the aircraft) directly in the app without needing to download any of them. Now, as soon as your turn off the drone or disconnect the controller, you no longer have access to view your photos unless you either turn the drone back on and connect the phone via the controller, or remove the SD card from the drone to view them on another device, or remember to manually download each photo individually while you’re still connected to the drone. This was a terrible idea to remove the App Album from the app!

Totally agree with you!
2022-8-25
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
United States

My v1.5.10 is still working fine on iOS
2022-8-25
Use props
djiuser_HKir7bArYhtn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 502638 ft
Canada

TomKatt Posted at 8-25 02:10
My v1.5.10 is still working fine on iOS

Did you revert back somehow or just not upgrade? Unfortunately I have my phone set to automatically upgrade all apps whenever they’re available. This is the first time ever in my life I’ve regretted it.
2022-8-25
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
United States

djiuser_HKir7bArYhtn Posted at 8-25 04:13
Did you revert back somehow or just not upgrade? Unfortunately I have my phone set to automatically upgrade all apps whenever they’re available. This is the first time ever in my life I’ve regretted it.

I never had a problem with 1.5.10, so there is no incentive to update it.  Plus, I use Maven frequently and because it uses the DJI foundation it's possible that a DJI bug could affect Maven as well.

I turn auto-update off on EVERY device I own - over the years I've learned that unless there's an issue that absolutely requires an update, it's better to wait and see how they play out.    Especially as in many instances you cannot revert back.
2022-8-25
Use props
wpage
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3422 ft

United States

Sometimes best to leave well enough alone?
2022-8-30
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-17 19:32

[view_image]

Stephen, would you please notify someone that when you list the devices for the program mentioned, NO controller types are mentioned?
2022-8-30
Use props
Bob-Mini-2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73114 ft
United States

MBSL500 Posted at 8-22 09:45
Putting the final touch on latest Fly App before releasing.  

[view_image]

Team Leader
2022-8-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules