Flight paths in Smart Controller
1064 3 2022-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NaterNoris
lvl.1

Canada

Hi, I have a smart controller for the mini 3 pro and I was wondering if there are any plans to add the ability to program flight paths in the map mode. I see there are third-party apps that do this, but at this point, there is no way to do that without a phone connected and no current API interface update. I'd like a direct feature added since the whole reason that I think most people like me would buy a full remote is the all-in-one convenience aspect. I feel that it is a pointless upgrade if I can't use smart features in a 'Smart' controller. I know that you have a pro controller and if I was paying that much it should, of course, have these features. I understand that if you have a lower-tier 'Smart' controller that it won't have all the features of the Pro controller but, that doesn't mean that the whole point of paying a premium to get less makes any sense either. It's basically a convenience to buy the better controller and as such, I'd like it to be more convenient to do more things with my higher-priced controller because I kinda feel like I've lied too about the reasons for buying it. It's android, it's not a huge request and it doesn't make the pro controller any less redundant. I'd like the ability to add third-party apps, some script commands maybe(python?) or a more direct way to control the drone by the map without some premade flight script.
2022-8-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-8-17
Use props
NaterNoris
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-17 19:04
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thanks for your rapid response. I hope your engineers add features like these because currently buying a smart controller is more of a downgrade rather than an upgrade right now.
2022-8-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

NaterNoris Posted at 8-18 04:41
Thanks for your rapid response. I hope your engineers add features like these because currently buying a smart controller is more of a downgrade rather than an upgrade right now.

You are most welcome. We will surely keep you posted once we have an update. Thank you for choosing DJI!
2022-8-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules