Forward/Backward Vision Sensor Error
5421 15 2022-8-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lecep
Second Officer
Flight distance : 251115 ft
Canada

I keep receiving these messages while flying.  I visually checked the sensors and I don't see any kind of obstruction.

Forward vision sensor error. Contact DJI Support for assistance (Code: 180019)
Backward vision sensor error. Contact DJI Support for assistance (Code: 180034)

I can see the messages when I re-play the flight on my DJI RC.  I'm attaching screenshots of those messages.

Also, when I see the information from airdata.com, I can see similar notifications.

Is this normal?  Should I be worried about these messages?

PXL_20220817_225027500_mid.jpg
PXL_20220817_225052559_mid.jpg
PXL_20220817_225200755_mid.jpg
PXL_20220817_225344433_mid.jpg
Screenshot 2022-08-17 193439.png
2022-8-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm not seeing these errors.  Did they just occur for you following this morning's FW update?
2022-8-17
Use props
Lecep
Second Officer
Canada

DowntownRDB Posted at 8-17 17:29
I'm not seeing these errors.  Did they just occur for you following this morning's FW update?

I don't think so.  I can still see these messages from previous flights, not just today.
2022-8-17
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Lecep Posted at 8-17 17:33
I don't think so.  I can still see these messages from previous flights, not just today.

Okay, just checking to see if maybe today's FW had caused your issue.  If you saw them on last version of FW and new version of FW then the issue could be hardware related.  Might be worth contacting DJI Support.  
2022-8-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to download the DJI Assistant 2 software and kindly please perform the vision sensor calibration and have a test flight then check if there are some changes? In addition, kindly please try to fly to a different location and check if the issue persists. Kindly please download the DJI Assistant 2 version below. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series
2022-8-17
Use props
Lecep
Second Officer
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-17 18:38
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to download the DJI Assistant 2 software and kindly please perform the vision sensor calibration and have a test flight then check if there are some changes? In addition, kindly please try to fly to a different location and check if the issue persists. Kindly please download the DJI Assistant 2 version below. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

As suggested, I ran the calibration process and tested it again.  This time I tried around noon, when the sun is at the highest, as opposed to yesterday that was close to sunset.

This time I only got the "Forward Vision Sensor Error" message once.  Now I'm thinking, what are the chances the sun is causing flare on the vision sensors and this is reported as an anomaly?

I'd like to try under different light conditions to see if a cloudy sky makes a difference in the frequency of these messages.  Also, I'd like to try after golden hour, with no direct sun available.

Has anyone experienced similar issues?  While reading the forums I noticed a similar problem when the sensors had the plastic stickers on.

I'll keep you posted.

2022-8-18
Use props
Lecep
Second Officer
Canada

I tested again last weekend on a different location and under very cloudy skies.  I kept receiving lots of these messages, including the message "Vision sensor(s) blocked. Fly with caution (Code: 180038)".

Is this something I should worry about?

Anyone from DJI, please, if that is the case, what would be the best way to proceed?  How long until my warranty expires?  I received this done on Aug 6th.

Thanks in advance,
2022-8-22
Use props
SpectreOne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 79659 ft
United States

This might be a silly question but have you inspected the sensor lens to make sure they don't have dirt build up or condensation inside them? I don't remember you mentioning if you checked that. I have seen on other threads where some have experience condensation inside the main camera on their M3P and thought it might be something you could check.
2022-8-22
Use props
Lecep
Second Officer
Canada

SpectreOne Posted at 8-22 09:37
This might be a silly question but have you inspected the sensor lens to make sure they don't have dirt build up or condensation inside them? I don't remember you mentioning if you checked that. I have seen on other threads where some have experience condensation inside the main camera on their M3P and thought it might be something you could check.

Yes, I did.  Actually, I wanted to double check there was no plastic sticker or any kind of shipping protection left on the sensor surfaces.

Everything looks ok.  No dust spots, condensation, shifted elements.

Thanks for the suggestion.
2022-8-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Lecep Posted at 8-22 07:10
I tested again last weekend on a different location and under very cloudy skies.  I kept receiving lots of these messages, including the message "Vision sensor(s) blocked. Fly with caution (Code: 180038)".

Is this something I should worry about?

Thank you for your response and we're sorry for the unpleasant experience. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2022-8-26
Use props
Lecep
Second Officer
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-26 01:13
Thank you for your response and we're sorry for the unpleasant experience. In this kind of situation, I'm afraid that you may consider sending the unit in for a proper diagnosis. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support . Also, the warranty can be applied depending on the outcome of the damage assessment including the warranty period of your unit. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

Thanks, I'll give it a try
2022-8-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Lecep Posted at 8-26 04:17
Thanks, I'll give it a try

You're welcome. Hope this will be fixed soon. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2022-8-31
Use props
Lecep
Second Officer
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-31 20:13
You're welcome. Hope this will be fixed soon. Thank you for your kind and understanding.

Just a quick update.  I got my drone back from Support.  Apparently, the problem could not be reproduced and they replaced the unit with a different one.

I'm happy to say my new unit is working as expected.  No Vision Sensor Error messages at all.  I guess my first unit was defective from factoy.

We're back in business.

Thanks DJI and DJI support.  I must say it was a very smoth experience.

2022-9-10
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

lol, maybe its dirtyv
2022-9-10
Use props
Lecep
Second Officer
Canada

fateofangel Posted at 9-10 11:25
lol, maybe its dirtyv

Not sure about that.  The sensor lenses looked really clean.  I really hope they find out and fix it before giving it to someone else.
2022-9-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Lecep Posted at 9-10 09:29
Just a quick update.  I got my drone back from Support.  Apparently, the problem could not be reproduced and they replaced the unit with a different one.

I'm happy to say my new unit is working as expected.  No Vision Sensor Error messages at all.  I guess my first unit was defective from factoy.

Thank you for keeping us posted. We're glad that you already received your replacement unit and you can now fly again. Thank you for always choosing DJI. Have a wonderful day ahead.
2022-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules