DJI Go and DJI Go 4 app not working on Android 12 again
5974 28 2022-8-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
buddyrm
lvl.2
Canada

Hi, I have a samsung S20 with DJI GO and DJI GO 4 app installed neither is working again. I did install the lastest update from the website but still it fails to open. Guys how hard is this to fix? I can not use my phantom series drones anymore. Please help and release a fix please. Thank you
2022-8-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please confirm what app version are you using on your mobile device? Were you able to try to use a different USB cable to see if the issue persists? Kindly also make that the "USB Debugging" is turned on under the Developer options on your mobile device and check if the issue persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2022-8-18
Use props
buddyrm
lvl.2
Canada

Maybe you did not understand, I have all the latest versions from dji.com/ca/downloads   The app does not even start, it crashes right away. So USB cable will not help. This is a known issue, everyone is complaining. I have a Samsung S20 phone with the latest Android 12 and "DJI GO 4" app version V 4.3.50   and "DJI GO" app version V 3.1.72
2022-8-19
Use props
djiuser_uqHm3ds2joFC
New
Flight distance : 322024 ft
Denmark

buddyrm Posted at 8-19 05:19
Maybe you did not understand, I have all the latest versions from dji.com/ca/downloads   The app does not even start, it crashes right away. So USB cable will not help. This is a known issue, everyone is complaining. I have a Samsung S20 phone with the latest Android 12 and "DJI GO 4" app version V 4.3.50   and "DJI GO" app version V 3.1.72

I have the exactly same problem with the app on my Oneplus 8 pro.
2022-8-19
Use props
buddyrm
lvl.2
Canada

djiuser_uqHm3ds2joFC Posted at 8-19 05:56
I have the exactly same problem with the app on my Oneplus 8 pro.

Lets see how long it takes for them to correct this. This should have been flaged the minute android 12 was released. Not impressed with DJI software team.
2022-8-19
Use props
cherokee2170
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2158615 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

buddyrm Posted at 8-19 07:23
Lets see how long it takes for them to correct this. This should have been flaged the minute android 12 was released. Not impressed with DJI software team.

still not working and as usual they seem to be dragging their heels fixing it or even understanding what is wrong had the same issue with fly app and mimo , these are now fixed so at least we know they can do it
2022-8-19
Use props
Mark Jones1
New
Flight distance : 64639 ft
United Kingdom

Exact issue, was experiencing it in past version from gplay but downloading from official site fixed it ba k then, now this was working Monday when I used it and today for no reson just crashes when trying open v4.3.50 uninstalled clear catch and deleted data folder obb folder and any file I can find of the app reinstall airplane mode restart phone and still doing it.
2022-8-19
Use props
djiuser_iTZAro7YfV69
New

France

Bonjour,  je rencontre  également  le même problème  l'application  ne veut pas s'ouvrir
2022-8-20
Use props
JPFly
lvl.1

United States

Same problem here with both DJI Go & DJI Go 4 (V4.3.50)
2022-8-20
Use props
Gareth M
lvl.1
Australia

Has DJI Go 4 app been completely removed? It appears like I can't even download the app from the Google App Store!?

Is the above issue (closing when you try open the app) still persisting with other users?   
2022-8-21
Use props
buddyrm
lvl.2
Canada

Gareth M Posted at 8-21 18:00
Has DJI Go 4 app been completely removed? It appears like I can't even download the app from the Google App Store!?

Is the above issue (closing when you try open the app) still persisting with other users?

yes it is still on going. You have to download the app from the support website, not from google play store.
2022-8-21
Use props
djiuser_5qRggg59daF5
New

Canada

Exact same issue only difference is phone type I'm running an S21 Ultra. One UI 4.1 version 12. Downloaded app from web, I've cleared cache, deleted and reinstalled app, tried reboot8ng phone, tried turning phone off the starting again. App won't load at all.

I've gotten a message that there os a bug in the app and to contact developer to issue a fix.

The biggest problem os being able to unlock the drone to fly in restricted airspace despite having permissions. Without the app I can't unlock the drone and have lost income because of that.

Do better.
2022-8-21
Use props
mgyogui
lvl.1
Flight distance : 247051 ft
Argentina

Buenas, tengo problemas con la aplicación dji go en android 12, descargue la última versión del sitio de dji y tampoco funciona, hay otra solución posible para poder usar el drone, ayuda por favor!
2022-8-22
Use props
Rhokapa
New
Flight distance : 15804 ft
France

Ca fait plaisir de voir que je ne suis pas le seul avec ce problème, même si d'un autre coté je préfèrerai ne pas avoir ce soucis.
2022-8-22
Use props
Elividon
New

Faroe Islands

- FIX -

Same problem for me on the Sony Xperia 1 III with Android 12.
I seem to have found a solution by downloading and installing an older version of the app. DJI GO 4.3.48, but i haven't tested it thoroughly yet.

This is the only place I've found it, so I hope it's safe. https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/dji-technology-co-ltd/dji-go-4/dji-go-4-4-3-48-release/

Thanks to this Andeevai from Indonesia. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFceuxVl8ec

Let me know if this works for you guys too.
2022-8-22
Use props
djiuser_l1bM6N9x1nUm
New

Germany

Elividon Posted at 8-22 09:45
- FIX -

Same problem for me on the Sony Xperia 1 III with Android 12.

Works immediately on my S20 FE 5G with Android 12
Perfect
2022-8-22
Use props
djiuser_xKZT2UMvlWcu
New

Ireland

Anyone having issues with the gimble on DJI Go 4 version 4.3.48?
2022-8-24
Use props
buddyrm
lvl.2
Canada

So DJI can you post an official fix please. The app posted here 4.3.38 does not install and is not official.
2022-8-28
Use props
buddyrm
lvl.2
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-18 18:59
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please confirm what app version are you using on your mobile device? Were you able to try to use a different USB cable to see if the issue persists? Kindly also make that the "USB Debugging" is turned on under the Developer options on your mobile device and check if the issue persists. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

Issue is still there. It does not load the app version 4.3.50 with samsung S20 android 12 latest. Please can you investigate and post a fix, many people have this issue.
2022-8-28
Use props
buddyrm
lvl.2
Canada

djiuser_l1bM6N9x1nUm Posted at 8-22 12:58
Works immediately on my S20 FE 5G with Android 12
Perfect

Not sure I understand, I tried to install it and it said invalid app. I tried twice.
2022-8-28
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

buddyrm Posted at 8-28 04:51
Issue is still there. It does not load the app version 4.3.50 with samsung S20 android 12 latest. Please can you investigate and post a fix, many people have this issue.

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I have already responded to the message that you sent to me via PM, buddy. Kindly please check it. Thank you.
2022-8-31
Use props
djiuser_pGeTKhxHgiPC
New

Germany

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-31 19:40
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I have already responded to the message that you sent to me via PM, buddy. Kindly please check it. Thank you.

Please do Something about this. I bought such an expensive drone and the App isn't working on my Android 12 device for literally a month now.

Is there an official solution or do I have to sideload an older version of the App?
2022-8-31
Use props
buddyrm
lvl.2
Canada

djiuser_pGeTKhxHgiPC Posted at 8-31 19:59
Please do Something about this. I bought such an expensive drone and the App isn't working on my Android 12 device for literally a month now.

Is there an official solution or do I have to sideload an older version of the App?

Please can you elaborate, I do not see the PM message. What is the response again? Thanks
2022-9-2
Use props
Straight Up Photography
lvl.1
Flight distance : 100948 ft
United States

Fix this issue dji!!!
2022-9-4
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yet another reason why I'm not a fan of Android.  With so many different flavors of it across so many different companies, its really hard for developers to test and track across all of them as updates are made to the OS.  I know Apple has its flaws, but this is one of the places it certainly shines.
2022-9-4
Use props
M4ketech
lvl.1
Finland

This is just horrible customer service. I have two devices, old tablet with Android version 5.1. When i open the Go app and connect the tablet to the remote control via original USB-cable, i see "Aircraft Connected", but when i click "Camera" app will restart.

Then my phone, Motorola Moto G50 with Android 12. When i click "DJI Go" it opens and closes after start. Both devices are using app downloaded from DJI website. That fixed the problem with Android 12 for couple days but now its back.

Its very nice to try run the company with doing aerial footage when all DJI apps stops working and customer service does nothing
2022-9-4
Use props
Gareth M
lvl.1
Australia

This has probably already been answered numerous times...is there a fix for the DJI Go 4 app?

Mine is still just closing immediately! Pretty dam annoying when you can't fly your drone!

2022-9-19
Use props
djiuser_9bwd9RSbUcrV
New
Flight distance : 90928 ft
United States

This has GOT TO BE FIXED!!! Expensive drone and you are just blowing smoke up our asses.  Time for a class action??!
2022-9-24
Use props
barbuiaalin
New

Hungary

Elividon Posted at 8-22 09:45
- FIX -

Same problem for me on the Sony Xperia 1 III with Android 12.

It works on Samsung S20 plus.
Thanks!
2022-9-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules