maximal video size?
440 2 2022-8-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Lumicron
New
Germany

hi, i want to buy the pocket 2, but heard in an hands on video, that the maximal file size is 3,7 gb ignoring the fact that it can handle exfat. can someone clarify?
2022-8-20
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Lumicron. Good day and for giving out these information. The maximum capacity of a single file will not exceed 4GB. If exceeded, the recording will be stopped, and a new recording will be started. In addition, the maximum file size of FAT32 is 4GB. Hence, a file that is larger than or equal to 4GB will be divided, otherwise, the file may be lost or abnormal and cannot be read. Although exFAT allows a larger file size, the larger file may be damaged due to abnormal power-off and SD card removal, or even cannot be recovered. So the storage of the camera is 4GB regardless of the file systems. So it is normal the video will be split if it reaches 4GB. Thank you.
2022-8-20
Use props
Lumicron
New
Germany

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-20 19:50
Hello there Lumicron. Good day and for giving out these information. The maximum capacity of a single file will not exceed 4GB. If exceeded, the recording will be stopped, and a new recording will be started. In addition, the maximum file size of FAT32 is 4GB. Hence, a file that is larger than or equal to 4GB will be divided, otherwise, the file may be lost or abnormal and cannot be read. Although exFAT allows a larger file size, the larger file may be damaged due to abnormal power-off and SD card removal, or even cannot be recovered. So the storage of the camera is 4GB regardless of the file systems. So it is normal the video will be split if it reaches 4GB. Thank you.

thx for the quick response. thats sad news. i expected from such an expensive actioncam, that you have at least the choice. i had cheaper action cams that could record videos without size limits. for me its a pain in the *** , to to fit so many parts together with a third party programm. an one hour video in 4k60fps creats 15 parts. saying that this is a feature to save data from abnormal behaivor sounds like a cheap excuse, or more worse, to cover that the cam isnt just capable to save bigger files or does often shows abnormal behaivor. it whould be nice, when there where an option in the future to eneable bigger files. as i said, many cheaper cams can do that.
2022-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules