Distance specification enhancement
538 15 2022-8-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
8Pilot
lvl.1
Australia

I'd like to see the ability to TYPE in values for height and max distance.  I find the sliders very difficult to get a precise number.  For instance, height.  I want 120m ... exactly.  I've tried various ways, several times, of moving the slider and can get 118, or 121, but not 120.  And max range is even harder ... because the slider covers something like 0 to about 10,000m (not sure exactly), if you want or need to make it short, like say 250, its very hard to get that.  I think these need either (1) ability to TYPE in a specific number (that's how it was done on my old Mavic Pro) OR (2) as we slide to a particular number the scale focusses in to allow more precise sliding ... slide to "close" to what we want, finger off, scale adjusts to a range much closer to that number so a subsequent slide can be more precise.

2022-8-21
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, thank you for your report, I have forwarded your feedback and suggestion to our engineers for their consideration.
2022-8-21
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

+1, good idea.
2022-8-21
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

i dont need this
2022-8-21
Use props
Goggles Pisano
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8810745 ft
  • >>>
United States

+1,  would be nice...
2022-8-21
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 8-21 01:36
Hi there, thank you for your report, I have forwarded your feedback and suggestion to our engineers for their consideration.

This is a very much needed feature in the Fly app!!  The slider is just a bad design when you need specific inputs.  Please make sure to pass along that many people are continuing to request this!
2022-8-21
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Such requests have been made since the FLY app was released and the sliders are still the only option available.
I would be inclined to take from that, that our requests fall on ears that are the equal of my own........ i.e. deaf.
2022-8-21
Use props
Andreja
lvl.4
Flight distance : 864961 ft
Germany

Well, if there really is NO other way, other than to use the sliders, at least make the values update in real time, as I drag along the slider. The way of moving the slider and then seeing the value to which it is adjusted is really difficult to use, especially for people with bigger fingers.
2022-8-23
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you can, can I suggest you change the title of this thread to something like "Please add changing limits by typing in numbers to FLY."
2022-8-23
Use props
enricorc_cz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 609390 ft
Czechia

Good idea!
2022-8-23
Use props
Beta5K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196880 ft
United States

This was brought up before. Should be a simple thing to add.
Not a "must have" for me. Will keep my slider at 393ft until then, since I can't get it any closer.
2022-8-23
Use props
Ross14
Second Officer
Czechia

I'm also having trouble setting the slider accurately.
2022-8-23
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Beta5K Posted at 8-23 07:46
.......Will keep my slider at 393ft until then, since I can't get it any closer.

Just out of curiousity which slider are you talking about?
If the RTH height limit then I would suggest that an unnecessarily high RTH height is not a good thing,
It wastes battery power in any required climb and in the  subsequent descent.
Plus, it may put the drone up, needlessly, into strong wind which may or may not be of concern to you.
2022-8-23
Use props
Beta5K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196880 ft
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 8-23 09:01
Just out of curiousity which slider are you talking about?
If the RTH height limit then I would suggest that an unnecessarily high RTH height is not a good thing,
It wastes battery power in any required climb and in the  subsequent descent.

Max height. I don't remember the RTH height I have set. I don't use the auto-RTH function, unless it kicks in automatically from losing signal.
2022-8-23
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Beta5K Posted at 8-23 09:27
Max height. I don't remember the RTH height I have set. I don't use the auto-RTH function, unless it kicks in automatically from losing signal.

It would be an idea to check the RTH height for the reasons I mentioned and, ideally, set it at an appropriate height for every new location.
It's also a good idea to occasionally check what the failsafe option is set to, some people have been caught out by changing it and forgetting they have changed it and lost their drone as a consequence.
Ditto the response to the CSC position.
2022-8-23
Use props
Drone Jockey
lvl.3
Germany

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 8-23 07:21
If you can, can I suggest you change the title of this thread to something like "Please add changing limits by typing in numbers to FLY."

Maybe just add "Feature Request" to the thread title.
2022-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules