waypoints
367 3 2022-8-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bobbym
lvl.1
United Kingdom

i am a total newcomer to drones with absolutely no previous experience ...i have been waiting for some time to commit to buying an entry level drone, specifically the mini 3 pro with it's obstacle sensing ...
because i am more interested in the photography than flying skills, i was also keen to be able to use waypoints (not just hyperlapse) to plot routes by using the litchi app, which i understand i could use with the air2s but won't be possible with the mini 3 pro in the immediate future ...

i am also unsure about the advantage of buying the new rc controller rather than the older rc-n1as i can't see how it would be possible to install third party apps such as litchi?
as the cost of the mini 3 & air2s aren't massively different, what i would like someone to clarify for me is whether the need to pass the test for the larger drone would likely be an obstacle for a novice like me and/ or would the larger drone be more difficult to control?

any advice would be much appreciated!

2022-8-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

As you are in the UK,  the Mini 3 will be able to fly places that the Air2S cannot legally reach due to its increased weight.     

Waypoints are not really accurate enough to get good photography and certainly not anything repeatable. however the drones are so easy to fly invest a couple of hours in just learning to fly and you'll be set.  

The Air2S and the Mini3 both will need to be registered and labeled here in the UK,  the test is not required for the Mni3 but as the test is free I would recommend it as there is some good information in there which would make you a more responsible pilot.  
2022-8-21
Use props
bobbym
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 8-21 23:13
As you are in the UK,  the Mini 3 will be able to fly places that the Air2S cannot legally reach due to its increased weight.     

Waypoints are not really accurate enough to get good photography and certainly not anything repeatable. however the drones are so easy to fly invest a couple of hours in just learning to fly and you'll be set.  

thanks for the advice - much appreciated!
2022-8-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

bobbym Posted at 8-24 08:34
thanks for the advice - much appreciated!

You’re very welcome.
2022-8-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules