1446 3 2022-8-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
weicheng
Second Officer
Flight distance : 568645 ft
Singapore

Hi,

I been taking both photos and videos using the mini 3 pro + RC for the past 2 days.
One thing i notice is that for photos, there are geolocation data for the photos/360 panos i take.
But for the videos I took, there are no geolocation data tag to them, for normal videos/quickshots/mastershots.

Anyone encountering the same thing as me?
Just wondering if there is some setting that can be changed to allow geolocation data to be captured for videos too (haven't found any setting for this)

2022-8-21
Use props
yoga7
New

United Kingdom

I have the same problem. I'm on the latest firmware (22/06/23) on the drone (DJI mini 3 pro) and remote controller (RM330), I'm using iPhone 13 pro, and when I download videos and pictures to my phone I don't get the location it was shot. I have to take a random picture with my phone just to have a location and then I have to remember where I shoot what to add it in manually on files and videos. very problematic. what am I missing?
2023-6-22
Use props
yoga7
New

United Kingdom

well, I just got an answer from DJI support :
" For the photos taken by consumer products (Mavic series, Phantom 3 series/Phantom 4 series, Spark, DJI FPV, and DJI Avata), the latitude and longitude coordinates can be viewed in the photo properties (via a computer or EXIF software). If you need to read the longitude and latitude information of the photos using your mobile phone, it is recommended to use third-party EXIF software. "
So apparently Media don't come with Geolocation info tags, so all you can do is use another app to open each individual file, copy the latitude and longitude of the file, open the Apple photo app (or Google Photos) open the same file, edit the file and then add the geolocation manually. Apparently, DJI did not think of this so far. the will let the technician know perhaps for future updates... this is very disappointing
2023-6-22
Use props
Ranjan
Second Officer
India

Video file formats don't allow / have geolocation data tag to them,
so dji save the .SRT file along with each video which records geo location live along with other telemetry data.
If you delete SRT file there is no way to read goeloaction data.

2023-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules