Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39646480 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Today I missed again Wonderfull scenery flying without recording
Please DJI Implement an option for auto rec after takeoff like in DJI FPV - soo simple and so effective - precious feature for me
2022-8-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I find it strange why anyone would want this on a hybrid camera. What would almost certainly happen is you’d be going out shooting photos but take off in video mode and for the next 1k your drone would be recording useless footage that you don’t want. I think it might be better to give an option to set it yourself.  Certainly something could easily be done.
2022-8-22
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It would be a useful feature Alex. As in a certain other Flying App
2022-8-22
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

hallmark007 Posted at 8-22 11:47
I find it strange why anyone would want this on a hybrid camera. What would almost certainly happen is you’d be going out shooting photos but take off in video mode and for the next 1k your drone would be recording useless footage that you don’t want. I think it might be better to give an option to set it yourself.  Certainly something could easily be done.

Of course, it's an Option to choose on DJI FPV and I always leave it to auto start as I always shoot clips
And the problem is it's really ease to implement But DJI refuses to do so
2022-8-22
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

alex_markov Posted at 8-22 12:01
Of course, it's an Option to choose on DJI FPV  and I always leave it to auto start as I always shoot clips
And the problem is it's really ease to implement But DJI refuses to do so

DJI do not refuse to do it. THey simply are not convinced it is as good idea as you are. Lots of "Great" suggestions are ignored every year.
2022-8-22
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

If I can remember, Litchi does have this option and hopefully can be used when the SDK is release later this year.
2022-8-22
Use props
LoftyAmbitions
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69275 ft
United States

I think it would be great as an option.... My Skydio records on takeoff. Its a feature I would probably use as I often forget to hit record, especially when going back and forth between the two Mavic 3 cameras.
2022-8-22
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Geebax Posted at 8-22 14:39
DJI do not refuse to do it. THey simply are not convinced it is as good idea as you are. Lots of "Great" suggestions are ignored every year.

Giving an Option is always a good idea, acting as "i know better than you what you need" is a bad idea, as simple as that
2022-8-22
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Personally I don't agree with this as a function. Live and learn, like leaving a lens cap on... I'd end up with so much extra and unwanted data, ProRes is chunky enough and SSD space is at a premium.

One suggestion from @sky_makai was to have a red box recording around the edge of the screen.

2022-8-23
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

CloudVisual Posted at 8-23 04:35
Personally I don't agree with this as a function. Live and learn, like leaving a lens cap on... I'd end up with so much extra and unwanted data, ProRes is chunky enough and SSD space is at a premium.

One suggestion from @sky_makai was to have a red box recording around the edge of the screen.

It's easier to delete than not to have it
2022-8-23
Use props
gulfpre
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2885656 ft
  • >>>
United States

I can see on the FPV drone, but on "Camera" drone .... I don't think i'd use it.
2022-8-23
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-23 16:24
My thoughts.  Most of us have a checklist, either written or in our heads, of steps to complete before lifting off.  I keep my list in my head.  The last thing I do before starting the motors is PRESS RECORD.  For me, if the motors are running with the intention of flying, video is always rolling.  I only stop recording when I land, or if I choose to take a photo while in the air.  Afterwards the video immediately begins rolling again.  Last thing I do after landing & stopping the motors is stop recording.  Make PRESS RECORD part of your pre-flight checklist.

Note:  If you fly with Litchi, it does provide an Auto-Record setting.

I rarely forgot to switch it on But it happens to anyone
I am Sad how people dismiss options to choose from themself in favor of "ïf DJI says so it's The Right choice"
2022-8-23
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Dirty Bird Posted at 8-23 22:33
That's not what I said.  I am observing auto-record is not currently an available option, & offering a simple solution to avoid missed recording opportunities.

I was not referring to you in my second sentence
2022-8-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there alex_markov. Good day and I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. I will forward these information to the designated DJI Department for attention. Thank you.
2022-8-24
Use props
momag
lvl.1
Flight distance : 69318 ft

Honduras

DJI Stephen Posted at 2022-8-24 19:26
Hello there alex_markov. Good day and I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. I will forward these information to the designated DJI Department for attention. Thank you.

Has there been any progress on this? I just missed an irreplaceable opportunity as the recording stopped three seconds after takeoff (may have brushed the wrong thing)?

I would absolutely endorse having AN OPTION to set the drone to autorecord while aloft.
3-13 07:59
Use props
Johnnokomis
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 13381447 ft
  • >>>
United States

I could see something similar to GoPro's Hindsight feature as useful. This would be the best of both worlds. Save shots that would have previously been missed while also not using up any extra storage space.
3-13 19:25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

momag Posted at 3-13 07:59
Has there been any progress on this? I just missed an irreplaceable opportunity as the recording stopped three seconds after takeoff (may have brushed the wrong thing)?

I would absolutely endorse having AN OPTION to set the drone to autorecord while aloft.

Hello there. We acknowledge that we have received the same concerns and suggestions from other DJI Pilots before. What we will do is continue to record such feedback and ensure that it reaches our related team. We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. We hope this will be considered soon. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.
3-13 21:49
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules