Is Dynamic Home Point Currently Available for P3P?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mrubenstein01
New

United States

Hi Everyone,

I have been trying to scour the internet to find an answer and can't find a consistent answer so figure I'd post it here.  Is dynamic home point currently available for the Phantom 3 Professional?  I know at release it was said to be coming in the future but I was wondering if anyone knew if it had been released yet.  If so, how do you use it?  If not, does anyone know anything about this being included in future releases or as part of any Third Party app?

Thanks guys,

Mike
2015-8-6
Use props
TAZ
lvl.2

United States

Yes it is included.  However it is slightly different than what was available in the P2 or Inspire.  You can set the home point to either your RC location (provided your display device has an inbuilt GPS), or the birds location.

The difference is previously if you chose dynamic home point to your controller, it would update your home point on a specified interval.  The current implementation does not update on an interval.  If you move, and want it updated again, you need to do so manually.

Also, setting the homepoint to the RC requires your display device to have its own GPS (wifi only versions of iPads don't have a GPS, for example).  To implement either (homepoint to RC or Aircraft) you simply press the in App button on the lower left with the "H" on it, and choose the correct option.
2015-8-6
Use props
mrubenstein01
New

United States

TAZ Posted at 2015-8-7 07:03
Yes it is included.  However it is slightly different than what was available in the P2 or Inspire.  ...

Awesome thank you so much!  This is excellent can't wait to get out and try it.  Haven't flown since the new app came out
2015-8-6
Use props
nfatoys
lvl.3

United States

TAZ Posted at 2015-8-7 07:03
Yes it is included.  However it is slightly different than what was available in the P2 or Inspire.  ...

I will be upgrading my Phantom 2 to a Phantom 3 sometime this Fall.  In  preparation I just received my Apple iPad Air 2 WiFi + Carrier, but I haven't activated a service provider yet.   I've been told that GPS will work on the iPad even though I don't yet have a provider.  Is this true?
2015-8-7
Use props
lexluther
lvl.2

Canada

I use a Android and don't have a service provider and the GPS works fine.  
2015-8-7
Use props
nfatoys
lvl.3

United States

lexluther Posted at 2015-8-7 21:08
I use a Android and don't have a service provider and the GPS works fine.

Thanks.  I assume it would work the same for the iPad.
2015-8-7
Use props
mrubenstein01
New

United States

nfatoys@hotmail Posted at 2015-8-7 22:17
Thanks.  I assume it would work the same for the iPad.

I will be trying to use the app on my iPad 2 Mini wifi only.  It does have GPS so it SHOULD work.  will report back on here after i check
2015-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules