Hardcoded distance limit
588 4 2022-8-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nOxxxx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

Does anyone know what is the hardcoded distance limit of homepoint for mini 3 pro? For example, for the mini 2 it is about 11.1 km, for the Maviv 3 pro it is about 19 km. I have information about the mini 3 pro flight 17.7 km and landing due to low battery, not because of the distance limit.
2022-8-23
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

How many charges on the battery? there are other influences too, the cooler it is the further it fly, wind will play a factor too
2022-8-23
Use props
nOxxxx
Second Officer
Poland

It's all true what you wrote, but I don't think we understood each other. Whoever flies record long distances knows what I wrote about. DJI blocks the limit of the distance from the homepoint by software. This is probably so that the drone blown by the wind breaks the connection after a strictly defined distance for safety reasons. As I wrote, it is 11.1 km for the mini 2 and 19 km for the mavic 3 pro. I have a confirmed mini 3 pro 17.7km flight, but that was not a hardcode limit.
2022-8-23
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

nOxxxx Posted at 8-23 04:03
It's all true what you wrote, but I don't think we understood each other. Whoever flies record long distances knows what I wrote about. DJI blocks the limit of the distance from the homepoint by software. This is probably so that the drone blown by the wind breaks the connection after a strictly defined distance for safety reasons. As I wrote, it is 11.1 km for the mini 2 and 19 km for the mavic 3 pro. I have a confirmed mini 3 pro 17.7km flight, but that was not a hardcode limit.

This is probably so that the drone blown by the wind breaks the connection after a strictly defined distance for safety reasons.
That explanation makes no sense.
If it was a safety reason, it wouldn't vary from 11-19 km, and it's hard to see how any number would be a safety feature.
Particularly since breaking signal for a drone that was being blown away wouldn't stop the drone being blown even further away.

It's most likely a technical limitation of the Occusync version that each drone uses, just as cell phone signal has a definite hard distance limit.
If that distance is exceeded, the signal packets cannot be reassembled reliably.
2022-8-23
Use props
nOxxxx
Second Officer
Poland

I am able to agree with this explanation. I have witnessed a mini 2 flight many times over a distance of about 11.1 km and it was always + -30m. The signal level and video transmission were absolutely perfect, the signal bargraph showed two more orange lines, and yet the range was broken. There was a record in the logs: 100% signal strength until the end of the flight. It probably has to do with the Ocusync transmission delay limit imposed. For the mini 2 it is about 11.1 km. I wonder what the mini 3 pro is like and that's why I asked this question. I realize how very few people have experience in this. Maybe there is someone like that in this forum after all. I know about 17.7 km, but it was not a signal break. I guess it could be like the mavic 3 around 19km.
2022-8-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules