2328 15 2022-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
farmersmith32
lvl.2
Flight distance : 420942 ft
United Kingdom

Hi,

It seems from the testing I've done using a Canon R6 in still photo mode that you have to press and hold the shutter button on the RS3 Pro for a second or so before it will operate the shutter. In addition the shutter button does not seem to "respect" the shutter mode setting on the camera itself, and only ever operates a single shutter actuation.

Is this something that can be changed in settings somehow? If not could I make a product improvement suggestion that the shutter button on the RS3 operates the shutter straight away, and also operates the camera in line with the shutter mode selected (e.g high speed shooting continues to operate the shutter if the button is held)
2022-8-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know when you use the shutter separately, does it respond immediately?
2022-8-25
Use props
farmersmith32
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 8-25 22:42
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know when you use the shutter separately, does it respond immediately?

Hi,

Do you mean the shutter button on the camera? If so yes as soon as I press the shutter button on the camera it triggers and everything works correctly, even when plugged in over USB C to the gimbal.

I have tried both USB and blutetooth connections and both exhibit the same issue
2022-8-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

farmersmith32 Posted at 8-25 22:47
Hi,

Do you mean the shutter button on the camera? If so yes as soon as I press the shutter button on the camera it triggers and everything works correctly, even when plugged in over USB C to the gimbal.

Thanks for your reply. Would you please send us the information below for our engineers to further analyze the issue?
Stabilizer SN, firmware version, camera firmware version, Lens Model and shoot a video for us.
Please upload all the information to a Cloud Drive and share a link with us.
Appreciated.
2022-8-26
Use props
farmersmith32
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 8-26 03:55
Thanks for your reply. Would you please send us the information below for our engineers to further analyze the issue?
Stabilizer SN, firmware version, camera firmware version, Lens Model and shoot a video for us.
Please upload all the information to a Cloud Drive and share a link with us.

Hi,

I have sent you a personal message with a link to the folder where I have captured some videos and written the description into a text file. Please let me know if you do not receive this
2022-8-26
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

farmersmith32 Posted at 8-26 05:47
Hi,

I have sent you a personal message with a link to the folder where I have captured some videos and written the description into a text file. Please let me know if you do not receive this

Sorry for the late response. We have escalated this to our engineers. We will keep you updating the result if we get replies from then. Thank you for your help.
2022-8-27
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

farmersmith32 Posted at 8-26 05:47
Hi,

Hi there, may I ask if it's able to use the control line to trigger continuous shooting?
2022-8-30
Use props
farmersmith32
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 8-30 06:08
Hi there, may I ask if it's able to use the control line to trigger continuous shooting?

I use a remote USB trigger with an app which does work and the shutter operates as per the button. I don't have another type of remote to test with the camera I'm afraid.
2022-9-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

farmersmith32 Posted at 9-1 03:23
I use a remote USB trigger with an app which does work and the shutter operates as per the button. I don't have another type of remote to test with the camera I'm afraid.

Thanks for your reply. We got the answer from our engineers.
If you are using a control cable, there will be about one second lag when using it to take photos. It is a normal phenomenon for the reason that it will take a while for the gimbal to send commands to the camera and complete the shooting.
Moreover, the control cable does not support high-speed concessive shooting.
2022-9-1
Use props
farmersmith32
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-1 05:13
Thanks for your reply. We got the answer from our engineers.
If you are using a control cable, there will be about one second lag when using it to take photos. It is a normal phenomenon for the reason that it will take a while for the gimbal to send commands to the camera and complete the shooting.
Moreover, the control cable does not support high-speed concessive shooting.

Hi,

Thanks, this doesn't seem to make sense though as the record button operates instantly, so I am not sure why the shutter actuation on a still would take so much longer.

On this basis I'll have to return my RS3 then as it's not fit for purpose.
2022-9-1
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

farmersmith32 Posted at 9-1 05:15
Hi,

Thanks, this doesn't seem to make sense though as the record button operates instantly, so I am not sure why the shutter actuation on a still would take so much longer.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. This is related to the camera protocol. We respect every customer's decision. Thanks for your support. If you have any other questions, please feel free to talk.
2022-9-5
Use props
Fango 1
lvl.3
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 9-5 05:06
We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. This is related to the camera protocol. We respect every customer's decision. Thanks for your support. If you have any other questions, please feel free to talk.

Hello Wanda

I think there is a miss-understanding here.

I too need instant shutter release.

The reason why there is a delay is because the photo shutter release is a press and hold function rather than a simple press function.

The photo release is function can be set to use the M button or by default is on the record button, but in order to shoot a still you have to press and hold the button. Once the button has been held long enough then the photo is taken.

There is no reason for any delay other than the photo release function being shared with the primary function of that button.

In stills photography taking photos timing is very important.
The system need to have an option for instant shutter release and it shoud keep shooting for as long as the button is held down.
2022-12-6
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Fango 1 Posted at 12-6 12:42
Hello Wanda

I think there is a miss-understanding here.

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Your advice will be forwarded to our engineers for evaluation. We hope this function can be updated in the future, too. Thanks for your support and understanding.
2022-12-8
Use props
FredBGG
lvl.3
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-8 04:23
Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. Your advice will be forwarded to our engineers for evaluation. We hope this function can be updated in the future, too. Thanks for your support and understanding.

Thanks Wanda.

2022-12-10
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

You are most welcome.
2022-12-12
Use props
rosselur
New
Sweden

Is there any progress on this? I am getting the feeling you just don't like people who take photos..
Should be an easy fix to a serious fault.
2023-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules