Anyone knows if the Goggles 2 are compatible with the FPV Drone?
6235 14 2022-8-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse41f6775
lvl.1
Australia

If yes, I could use the G2 to flying Avata and FPV Drone and relegate the Gv2 to my Vista quads.

I know the Gv2 are compatible with the Avata so I have a tiny bit of hope, but you never know.
2022-8-25
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Thanks for your attention to DJI Goggles 2. Currently, DJI Goggles 2 only supports DJI Avata. We have not received any notification regarding compatibility with other models. Please continue to pay attention to the DJI official website. If there is any latest news, we will announce it on the official website as soon as possible. Thank you for your support.
2022-8-25
Use props
fanse41f6775
lvl.1
Australia

Oh that's a bummer.

I was looking to buy the Avata + Goggles 2 bundle but I will not buy until DJI expands compatibility, hopefully soon.
2022-8-25
Use props
FlyingSnoopy
lvl.4

Greece

Now that's optimistic of you. The FPV is long abandoned. Do not expect any new features or compatibility of other hardware with the FPV.
Never again with a DJI product. Feels like putting 1400euros in the trash bin.
2022-8-25
Use props
thetechnobear
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2804810 ft
Spain

same here...
unless DJI add Goggles 2 support for both DJI FPV and Air Units v1...  then there really is not much incentive to move to them.

yes, goggles 2 and avata drone are very nice.. but the inconvenience and cost of upgrading is just not worth it.

also, lets consider... if DJI are going to not have backwards compatibility for a product that's only 18 months old...
then you better believe, that when goggles 3 / air unit 3/ avata 2 come out... DJI will think its OK, to make them ok, to be incompatible with googles 2.

if that's the case, then Im simply going to 'skip generation changes'... keep with the dji fpv/v2 googles, as the leap is not SO big this time around.
so, wait till version 3, or 4.. when its a bigger leap, and the current gear is feeling obsolete.

so this feels a pretty bad move for DJI, id be happy to be slowly upgrading my gear to newer versions , if I had backwards compatibility, so could do at a reasonable pace.
... but this current approach, makes it easier for me and my wallet to just, say, nah I'll skip this version, and wait !

2022-8-26
Use props
mifish
lvl.2
Flight distance : 456188 ft
Canada

If the Goggles v2 can bind to Avata, can the Goggles 2 bind to the DJI FPV? ( It's the same protocol, no...? )
2022-8-26
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

yes, but they lokc it in software atm... and many other things too :/
2022-8-26
Use props
fans934961d2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1809754 ft
  • >>>
Georgia

Goggles 2 head tracking on the dji fpv would be amazing.
2022-9-3
Use props
Quintin Swanson
New

United States

Once you connect your DJI goggles v2 to the avata, you can't relink it to the DJI FPV... wtf? What a major flaw. Now I can't fly my DJI FPV w/ the goggles that came with it because I linked my goggles to the avata..  such horse crap.
2022-9-16
Use props
DronesJones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4861152 ft
Canada

Quintin Swanson Posted at 9-16 21:24
Once you connect your DJI goggles v2 to the avata, you can't relink it to the DJI FPV... wtf? What a major flaw. Now I can't fly my DJI FPV w/ the goggles that came with it because I linked my goggles to the avata..  such horse crap.

Are you sure that's the case? that seems rather silly that you wouldn't just be able to re-bind the aircraft to the goggles.

If this is accurate, it sounds like a bug and not something they would do on purpose.
2022-9-19
Use props
djiuser_GFvdNhswe4cz
New

United States

This is All bad  DJI really screwed the people that was dedicated to them FU back
2022-9-30
Use props
Pajomota
lvl.4
Flight distance : 710197 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Quintin Swanson Posted at 9-16 21:24
No! You can fly both drones with v2. I do it all the time
2022-11-29
Use props
djiuser_L3RtZbcybuSI
lvl.1

United States

January update please

It's been a month and a half, the O3 Air Unit has come out... can we still not link the G2s with the DJI FPV drone? It's made by DJI, it's still being advertised on their website, especially around Christmas time, and it's really not that old of an air unit. Can we please make the G2 available for the DJI FPV? I can't imagine it being that hard if it already connects to its controller.
2023-1-15
Use props
djiuser_MPixx1zHzTuU
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85636 ft
Malaysia

Bump, sign the petition.

https://chng.it/VQQkJFMN
2023-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now