Overheating
2084 9 2022-8-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hello1130
lvl.1
Flight distance : 97090 ft
South Korea

Hello. I have issues on overheating when I am quick transferring. I don't know why it is overheating. I am inside and there is no sunlight coming in. Please tell me why it is over heating.
Thanks
2022-8-26
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Hello1130. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Just a friendly reminder that the DJI Mavic 2 does not have a fan, so it uses the heat sink on the bottom of the DJI drone to dissipate heat. After the DJI Mini 2 is powered on and kept on a flat surface ( such as ground or a desk ) for a while, the heat dissipation will be affected, as the surface is close to the heat sink. It is normal for the DJI Mini 2 to get hot while working for a long time, especially when dealing with huge data, like recording or transferring at a high speed with a wireless connection. If there is a strong interference surrounding, it consumes much more since it is harder to deal with all those orders as keep linking with the RC or the mobile device, transferring the data, etc. We kindly suggest cooling down the aircraft firstly just after a long time flight, and then try the Quick Transfer function by positioning the aircraft in an open area, by which it might be helpful for radiating. Thank you.
2022-8-26
Use props
EnjoyFlying
lvl.3
United States

Yes, i put mine on a laptop cooling pad which has fans blowing upward, to keep it cool while i m adjusting ot viewing pic on it indoor.  Hope this helps
2022-8-27
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

it has no cooling fan
2022-8-27
Use props
Hello1130
lvl.1
South Korea

EnjoyFlying Posted at 8-27 09:27
Yes, i put mine on a laptop cooling pad which has fans blowing upward, to keep it cool while i m adjusting ot viewing pic on it indoor.  Hope this helps

Thx for your tip
2022-8-27
Use props
Hello1130
lvl.1
South Korea

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-26 20:32
Hello there Hello1130. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Just a friendly reminder that the DJI Mavic 2 does not have a fan, so it uses the heat sink on the bottom of the DJI drone to dissipate heat. After the DJI Mini 2 is powered on and kept on a flat surface ( such as ground or a desk ) for a while, the heat dissipation will be affected, as the surface is close to the heat sink. It is normal for the DJI Mini 2 to get hot while working for a long time, especially when dealing with huge data, like recording or transferring at a high speed with a wireless connection. If there is a strong interference surrounding, it consumes much more since it is harder to deal with all those orders as keep linking with the RC or the mobile device, transferring the data, etc. We kindly suggest cooling down the aircraft firstly just after a long time flight, and then try the Quick Transfer function by positioning the aircraft in an open area, by which it might be helpful for radiating. Thank you.

Thank you for a great tip! I really appreciate your help
2022-8-27
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is what I always used for my Mini while connecting to reduce heat rise. A used butter bin... priceless;-)
butter bin mod.jpg
2022-8-27
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello1130 Posted at 8-27 19:38
Thank you for a great tip! I really appreciate your help

Hi there Hello1130. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. If you have any other concerns or any issues in the future with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you.
2022-8-27
Use props
Zoooom
lvl.4

Australia

It will probably cool on its side as well. The slots on the bottom will point upwards and allow for convection. But you will have to fold the legs in.
2022-8-27
Use props
Flyingwulf
New
United States

I am having a similar issue. When I download videos (4-7 min vids) it "overheats, stops downloading...and the kicker...I can't redownload the video after it cools off!!!)
Sooo...2 questions...

1) If I turned it upside down, with the louvers pointing up, would it dissipate the heat enough ya think?
2) How the heck do I get it to re-download the full video after restarting? (Currently it only allows me to download a "trimmed" version after overheat)

Thanks in advance,
Chris
2022-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules