The UK needs more YouTubers like this....
1014 25 2022-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The UK needs more YouTubers like this....   NOT!!!!!

2022-8-29
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Presuming that is to a video by an 'auditor', I am wondering why, if you think they are unwise, would you post a link that likely creates income for them? Why even mention them? The less clicks they get the better.

2022-8-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 8-29 01:03
Presuming that is to a video by an 'auditor', I am wondering why, if you think they are unwise, would you post a link that likely creates income for them? Why even mention them? The less clicks they get the better.

To be fair I’m astonished how little the police know about drones and it certainly makes me consider being more prepared if they did turn up.   In one of his videos the police are saying if he flys the drone within 150 meters of their police station they will seize it, but he’s flying mini2 so that’s the wrong rule.  
2022-8-29
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Confrontational know-all. Every one of the guys he encountered was itching to punch his lights out
2022-8-29
Use props
fansa67f28f3
lvl.4
United States

Just an a**hole that likes to jerk people off and further harm our hobby!!
2022-8-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 8-29 03:44
Confrontational know-all. Every one of the guys he encountered was itching to punch his lights out

Agreed,   but I was more concerned how little most of the police knew,  in one video they were threatening to seize his drone when her was legal,  and another they demanded his operation ID before he had even taken flight.  
2022-8-29
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 8-29 23:23
Agreed,   but I was more concerned how little most of the police knew,  in one video they were threatening to seize his drone when her was legal,  and another they demanded his operation ID before he had even taken flight.

As if the police don't have enough to do without being called to such trivia as this.
2022-8-29
Use props
Vapormatt
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I dont think we need more like him at all, talk about know it all. Pushes to the limit confrontational from the off. Filming peoples number plates because of spacing and putting details of MOT and insurance on line is none of his business. Its like he goes out to wind people up from the off.

2022-8-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blériot53 Posted at 8-29 23:55
As if the police don't have enough to do without being called to such trivia as this.

Totally agree.
2022-8-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Vapormatt Posted at 8-29 23:57
I dont think we need more like him at all, talk about know it all. Pushes to the limit confrontational from the off. Filming peoples number plates because of spacing and putting details of MOT and insurance on line is none of his business. Its like he goes out to wind people up from the off.

I think you missed the sarcasm.

"The UK needs more YouTubers like this....   NOT!!!!!:"
2022-8-30
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Vapormatt Posted at 8-29 23:57
I dont think we need more like him at all, talk about know it all. Pushes to the limit confrontational from the off. Filming peoples number plates because of spacing and putting details of MOT and insurance on line is none of his business. Its like he goes out to wind people up from the off.

It'll only be a matter of time before he crosses the wrong person, and he'll get his just desserts. Someone will deck him and shove his gear where the sun don't shine
2022-8-30
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansa67f28f3 Posted at 8-29 09:15
Just an a**hole that likes to jerk people off and further harm our hobby!!

Amen to that.  Let's hope he comes to a sticky end
2022-8-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Oh boy.
Nope.
2022-8-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I didnt realise that this was a thing until that popped up in the feed.   It has me tempted to make up a leaflet like Hendrik has done with the local rules on it.  
2022-8-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 8-31 00:58
I didnt realise that this was a thing until that popped up in the feed.   It has me tempted to make up a leaflet like Hendrik has done with the local rules on it.

I really don't like his attitude.
2022-8-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 8-31 01:01
I really don't like his attitude.

He's done the same thing at prisons too,  and you can imagine the chaos that caused.  
2022-8-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DAFlys Posted at 8-31 01:02
He's done the same thing at prisons too,  and you can imagine the chaos that caused.

I am glad I don't get this kind of behavior.
2022-8-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 8-31 01:07
I am glad I don't get this kind of behavior.

I bet there are similar self appointed auditors in NL.
2022-8-31
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Aren't prisons a No Fly Zone full stop?
I can but wonder why the term "auditor" is used? .........
Surely 'sewage' stirrer would be more appropriate?

2022-8-31
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1364209 ft
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 8-29 03:16
To be fair I’m astonished how little the police know about drones and it certainly makes me consider being more prepared if they did turn up.   In one of his videos the police are saying if he flys the drone within 150 meters of their police station they will seize it, but he’s flying mini2 so that’s the wrong rule.
I actually thought the plod handled it very well. Too often they think they are infallible and unquestionable. This guy admitted he didn't know the rules so clearly called for more info before letting the guy carry on with what was, after all, lawful. And he didn't rise to that bloke's attitude either - and there's a skill in that!
2022-8-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 8-31 02:18
Aren't prisons a No Fly Zone full stop?
I can but wonder why the term "auditor" is used? .........
Surely 'sewage' stirrer would be more appropriate?

As far as Ive seen all the prisons and MoD buildings have a very tight NFZ above them for drones.   And the MoD enforces theirs very strictly,  I was attending another drone pilot who flew near a MoD reserve site with an inspire 1 and the MoD police were onto of him in minutes.
2022-8-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No Original Thought Posted at 8-31 14:15
I actually thought the plod handled it very well. Too often they think they are infallible and unquestionable. This guy admitted he didn't know the rules so clearly called for more info before letting the guy carry on with what was, after all, lawful. And he didn't rise to that bloke's attitude either - and there's a skill in that!

In one of his videos the police kept asking for his licence and he kept explaining that he only needed an operator ID and not a licence, he showed them the CAA website,  and ultimately they arrested him.   Then had to de arrest him latter and remove the cuffs.   

Sadly the point I was making was he gives the hobby and bad name and wastes a lot of police time.
2022-8-31
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 8-31 23:18
In one of his videos the police kept asking for his licence and he kept explaining that he only needed an operator ID and not a licence, he showed them the CAA website,  and ultimately they arrested him.   Then had to de arrest him latter and remove the cuffs.   

Sadly the point I was making was he gives the hobby and bad name and wastes a lot of police time.

Totally agree, this kind of behaviour is what gets the regulations changed in ways that can only be to the detriment of the hobby.

(Though if the police / dispatch were better trained then they could tell the caller that no offence was being committed, saving on pointless, lengthy call outs...)
2022-9-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No Original Thought Posted at 9-2 09:18
Totally agree, this kind of behaviour is what gets the regulations changed in ways that can only be to the detriment of the hobby.

(Though if the police / dispatch were better trained then they could tell the caller that no offence was being committed, saving on pointless, lengthy call outs...)

To be fair you can't expect the police to know all the laws,  but the ones that don't shouldn't jump to conclusions and arrest people.  
2022-9-3
Use props
No Original Thought
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 9-3 00:13
To be fair you can't expect the police to know all the laws,  but the ones that don't shouldn't jump to conclusions and arrest people.

Agree.

I didn't know that this 'auditing' was a thing until you posted this link. They now pop up in my you tube recommends list!

I saw one a couple of days ago where a PCSO was just making stuff up on the spot. Utter contradictory nonsense. Trying to scare the guy in to packing up and leaving. The guy was another one clearly trying to provoke reaction which isn't good, so he stood his ground until the proper copper arrived. The proper copper was a lot more clues up and advised all present that what was being done was legal.

I just hope this kind of behaviour doesn't end up with someone putting in a complaint that ends up with rule changes. I think the CAA rules seem fairly sensible at the moment, and any change would.probably be bad for us.
2022-9-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No Original Thought Posted at 9-4 02:52
Agree.

I didn't know that this 'auditing' was a thing until you posted this link. They now pop up in my you tube recommends list!

I didn’t know about the either but like you they are all over my feed.
2022-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules