DJI Avatar issue: aircraft in low-power state?
12Next >
21847 66 2022-8-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansdcab590a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22618 ft
United States

charged all 3, avatar, motion controller, and the avatar.  Updated firmware.  But getting this message "aircraft in low-power state".

Able to start Avatar indoor, but what does this error or warning means?  All my batteries are fully charged, should I use any specific type of charger?

Please help, thanks

2022-8-29
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, it means that the aircraft enters a low power state to avoid automatic shutdown due to long-term power consumption, and this prompt will disappear after take-off. You can fly the drone outdoors for a check.
2022-8-30
Use props
fansdcab590a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22618 ft
United States

Thank you Mindy, just didnt understand the message, i was able to fly outdoor, and avata works fine
2022-8-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansdcab590a Posted at 8-31 04:43
Thank you Mindy, just didnt understand the message, i was able to fly outdoor, and avata works fine

You're welcome. Glad to know the drone works well. Should you have any further inquiries, please feel free to contact us. Happy flying!
2022-9-1
Use props
Kerik
lvl.1
Flight distance : 153983 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 9-1 22:25
You're welcome. Glad to know the drone works well. Should you have any further inquiries, please feel free to contact us. Happy flying!

I am getting the same message, but I can’t get the motors to start or the drone to take off. I flew it once successfully a few days ago. Now, nothing. What am I doing wrong?
2022-9-4
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Kerik Posted at 9-4 09:25
I am getting the same message, but I can’t get the motors to start or the drone to take off. I flew it once successfully a few days ago. Now, nothing. What am I doing wrong?

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know if you have tested outdoors? Could it take off?
2022-9-4
Use props
Tony-Avata
New

Dominican Republic

Same here. Today did several flights. All batteries are full. And message "aircraft in low-power state" shows up and I can not take off. I have it for 2 weeks now. The message showed before but I could take off all the time after some seconds. Now its does nothing. changed batteries, etc.
2022-9-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Tony-Avata Posted at 9-11 14:58
Same here. Today did several flights. All batteries are full. And message "aircraft in low-power state" shows up and I can not take off. I have it for 2 weeks now. The message showed before but I could take off all the time after some seconds. Now its does nothing. changed batteries, etc.

Hi, there. Sorry for your inconvenience.
Will your drone be hot? An "aircraft in low-power state" reminder will appear when your drone is too hot. If the reminder still appears after your drone has cooled down, please upgrade the firmware to the latest version, here is the link: https://www.dji.com/avata/downloadsThank you.

2022-9-12
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 44957 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just got my Avata today, charged all, updated to the latest firmware as of 09/24/2022, linked everything  and going to fly and this message show up - Aircraft in Low Power State...kind odd, all batteries were topped, aircraft was cooled...and I used a fan to cool it while doing the Firmware update too.

Anyone got a solution for this?

Thanks!
2022-9-24
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

HDPS Posted at 9-24 14:58
I just got my Avata today, charged all, updated to the latest firmware as of 09/24/2022, linked everything  and going to fly and this message show up - Aircraft in Low Power State...kind odd, all batteries were topped, aircraft was cooled...and I used a fan to cool it while doing the Firmware update too.

Anyone got a solution for this?

Please note that the aircraft will enter a low power state to avoid automatic shutdown due to long-term power consumption, and this prompt will disappear after take-off. May I ask did you try to fly the drone outdoors to see if the message still exists?
2022-9-24
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Tried again today, charged battery yesterday, aircraft and battery with ambient temperature, (no long term power consumption)  turn aircraft on and the same prompt was there, it goes away while flying but it is showing every time I turn aircraft on
2022-9-25
Use props
RodB
lvl.2

Australia

HDPS Posted at 9-25 14:38
Tried again today, charged battery yesterday, aircraft and battery with ambient temperature, (no long term power consumption)  turn aircraft on and the same prompt was there, it goes away while flying but it is showing every time I turn aircraft on

Im just setting up a brand new Avata, fully charged everything, turned it on to do updates and this prompt came up in a minute, then went away then comes back. This is happening during updating firmware.

Its a mild day nothing is hot it's all straight out of the box.
Took it for a fly, at first it had that same error on the screen and I couldn't fly the drone it was non-responsive, shutdown and restarted the drone and the error was still there but the motors would start and I could take off, error was intermittently coming on an off the screen.    Not a good start to a brand new drone.
2022-9-25
Use props
Kandomere
lvl.3
United States

I have the same issue. You can update at least the goggles if you start the motors. I haven’t tried the rest. Btw it’s funny how the admins here would butt into the conversation but gives up. There are hundreds of threads like this. Lol
2022-9-26
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

HDPS Posted at 9-25 14:38
Tried again today, charged battery yesterday, aircraft and battery with ambient temperature, (no long term power consumption)  turn aircraft on and the same prompt was there, it goes away while flying but it is showing every time I turn aircraft on

Sorry for the late reply. Please note that for the latest firmware when the machine is turned on, there will be a low power prompt.
2022-9-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Kandomere Posted at 9-26 01:30
I have the same issue. You can update at least the goggles if you start the motors. I haven’t tried the rest. Btw it’s funny how the admins here would butt into the conversation but gives up. There are hundreds of threads like this. Lol

We are sorry for the late reply. You may refer to the reply on #17. Thanks for your understanding and support.
2022-9-27
Use props
HDPS
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 9-27 02:36
Sorry for the late reply. Please note that for the latest firmware when the machine is turned on, there will be a low power prompt.

I just hope that the next update will eliminate this bug, is not a good feelings to go to a place to fly and get grounded because a false prompt kills your aircraft
2022-9-27
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

HDPS Posted at 9-27 17:59
I just hope that the next update will eliminate this bug, is not a good feelings to go to a place to fly and get grounded because a false prompt kills your aircraft

We understand your concerns and will forward your feedback to our team. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-9-28
Use props
ART_GOMEZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 347674 ft
United States

This happened to me after one successful flight. I updated to the latest firmware and still happens. Today is 10/6/22 and DJI has not resolved this common issue.
I’m so frustrated. Brought my drone on vacation hoping to get some nice video footage and shots of Chicago and nothing.
2022-10-6
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

ART_GOMEZ@ATT.NET Posted at 10-6 06:07
This happened to me after one successful flight. I updated to the latest firmware and still happens. Today is 10/6/22 and DJI has not resolved this common issue.
I’m so frustrated. Brought my drone on vacation hoping to get some nice video footage and shots of Chicago and nothing.

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. May we know more details about your issue?
2022-10-7
Use props
ART_GOMEZ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 347674 ft
United States

Yesterday I tried multiple times to take off and had no success. It would not allow take off indoor or outside.
Today I just tried again indoors and was able to fly. I'm going out and will try again and report back.   
2022-10-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

ART_GOMEZ@ATT.NET Posted at 10-8 08:16
Yesterday I tried multiple times to take off and had no success. It would not allow take off indoor or outside.
Today I just tried again indoors and was able to fly. I'm going out and will try again and report back.

Please keep us updated. Thank you.
2022-10-8
Use props
Gimbal Golf
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3289062 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Same here using controller 2 NOT MC, only getting 7mbps signal strength. Can only fly about 50m before picture pixelates dont teust control link. I wait until
I have enough Sats locked, Home point is updated, i check control stick responsiveness and still only 7.
2022-10-19
Use props
djiuser_E0PDTMygn1Tn
lvl.1
United Kingdom

My Avata won’t take off due to the “aircraft in low power state” updated to latest firmware via DJI assistant 2 to the aircraft, controller and goggles but still won’t take off
This is a brand new drone out of the box
2022-10-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_E0PDTMygn1Tn Posted at 10-22 01:52
My Avata won’t take off due to the “aircraft in low power state” updated to latest firmware via DJI assistant 2 to the aircraft, controller and goggles but still won’t take off
This is a brand new drone out of the box

Hi there, we are sorry to know about this issue. May I ask is there any error message? Could you please tell us the error code?
2022-10-22
Use props
djiuser_E0PDTMygn1Tn
lvl.1
United Kingdom

The drone does take off now. BUT…. Still shows the “aircraft low power state” error in the goggles. And also the transmission is absolutely terrible. If I could return this drone I would as I’m not fully happy with it at all
2022-10-22
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

djiuser_E0PDTMygn1Tn Posted at 10-22 06:38
The drone does take off now. BUT…. Still shows the “aircraft low power state” error in the goggles. And also the transmission is absolutely terrible. If I could return this drone I would as I’m not fully happy with it at all

Hello, there. Sorry for the inconvenience. If your aircraft is updated to the latest version, then it is normal because there will be a notification of the low power state after the aircraft is turned on. For the transmission range, may we know more details?
2022-10-22
Use props
djiuser_E0PDTMygn1Tn
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi thanks for your reply. But why would it show this error? Just interested to know the reasoning behind low power state more?
Is this contributing to poor transmission and range of the drone?
I can only fly approx 150meter at height of 40 meters then lose video signal in the goggles
2022-10-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_E0PDTMygn1Tn Posted at 10-23 02:44
Hi thanks for your reply. But why would it show this error? Just interested to know the reasoning behind low power state more?
Is this contributing to poor transmission and range of the drone?
I can only fly approx 150meter at height of 40 meters then lose video signal in the goggles

Because the aircraft will be overheated if it does not take off in a few minutes after powering on. Therefore, DJI Avata enters low power mode without starting the motor after powering on. DJI Avata can capture photos or videos in the Low Power mode.

You can exit the low power mode by one of the methods below:
1. Start the motor.
2. Start recording the video.

In your case, if the transmission distance is not ideal, please check the following steps for troubleshooting:
1. Please check whether the flight environment is open and clear, and whether there is any interference (such as a communication base station, a transmission line tower, and so on).
2. Check whether there is any obstacle between the remote controller and the aircraft. If there is, we recommend that you go to another flight location and try again.
3. Please your remote controller toward the direction of the aircraft to shorten the communication distance.
4. Please check whether the goggles’ antenna has been damaged, if yes, please replace it.
Thank you.
2022-10-23
Use props
Freson
lvl.1
Flight distance : 801864 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I am having the same problem with a new Avata. Aircraft in low-power state. It is not responding and stays on the ground. Is DJI working on a update for this problem. I am very pleased with the DJI products, but if I buy a new drone and take it out of the box to fly and I get an error code and the drone does not want to take off, it is still a waste of so much money. I hope DJI comes up with a solution soon. Incidentally, I have updated everything to the latest firmware and all batteries are full, so that is not the problem.
2022-11-18
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Freson Posted at 11-18 06:48
I am having the same problem with a new Avata. Aircraft in low-power state. It is not responding and stays on the ground. Is DJI working on a update for this problem. I am very pleased with the DJI products, but if I buy a new drone and take it out of the box to fly and I get an error code and the drone does not want to take off, it is still a waste of so much money. I hope DJI comes up with a solution soon. Incidentally, I have updated everything to the latest firmware and all batteries are full, so that is not the problem.

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Would you please try the methods above answered by DJI Susan to exit the low-power state?
1. Start the motor.
2022-11-19
Use props
djiuser_4liNs8VSzmS2
New
Flight distance : 45131 ft
United States

I have a brand new DJI avata. I’ve been trying to be patient but now I’m 2 weeks in and I haven’t been able to put it in the air once because the aircraft is in “low power state”. I’ve updated the firmware via the fly app. All devices are FULLY charged and the aircraft was not idle for any amount of time so overheating should not be the response. I’ve seen a ton of comments saying the exact same thing.
2022-11-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_4liNs8VSzmS2 Posted at 11-26 06:30
I have a brand new DJI avata. I’ve been trying to be patient but now I’m 2 weeks in and I haven’t been able to put it in the air once because the aircraft is in “low power state”. I’ve updated the firmware via the fly app. All devices are FULLY charged and the aircraft was not idle for any amount of time so overheating should not be the response. I’ve seen a ton of comments saying the exact same thing.

Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
May we know if you tried the below steps:
1. Start the motor. 2. Start recording the video.
If you have tried before and still have this problem, please don't worry and let us know, we will confirm this problem with the relevant team asap.
Thank you for your support in advance.
2022-11-27
Use props
djiuser_4liNs8VSzmS2
New
Flight distance : 45131 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 11-27 01:56
Hi, there. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.
May we know if you tried the below solutions:
1. Start the motor. 2. Start recording the video.

I can’t even get the propellers going. It won’t start at all. I’ve tried indoors, outdoors. Nothing works.
2022-11-27
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_4liNs8VSzmS2 Posted at 11-27 04:28
I can’t even get the propellers going. It won’t start at all. I’ve tried indoors, outdoors. Nothing works.

Thanks for your update.
Could you please send us a related video so that we can confirm your problem with our engineer and offer you better assistance? You can send it to us via Google Drive or Dropbox.
Please don't worry, we will check your problem and do our best to help.
2022-11-29
Use props
fansebad2cbe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 870112 ft
United States

Anyone have a fix for this issue yet?

All batteries 100%, updates current and refreshed, my Avata is still unable to start motors with "aircraft in low-power state" indicated. Indoors or outdoors doesn't matter.
2022-12-4
Use props
fansebad2cbe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 870112 ft
United States

fansebad2cbe Posted at 12-4 10:24
Anyone have a fix for this issue yet?

All batteries 100%, updates current and refreshed, my Avata is still unable to start motors with "aircraft in low-power state" indicated. Indoors or outdoors doesn't matter.

Well my Avata paper weight still has the "Low Power State" and motors still will not start. all updates completed or refreshed and phone is connected with the Fly app so no Rid notices.
2022-12-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansebad2cbe Posted at 12-11 15:59
Well my Avata paper weight still has the "Low Power State" and motors still will not start. all updates completed or refreshed and phone is connected with the Fly app so no Rid notices.

The aircraft will be overheated if it does not take off in a few minutes after powering on. Therefore, DJI Avata enters low power mode without starting the motor after powering on. DJI Avata can capture photos or videos in Low Power mode.
If you want to exit the low power mode, here are the below methods:
1. Start the motor.
2022-12-11
Use props
fans94d68458
New

Denmark

It’s the same thing that’s happening to me. I thought I’d be able to use it when I went on vacation. Motor and propeller not even starting. Everything is connected properly! I need this resolved cuz I paid so much for this and it hasn’t even started. All firmwares are all updated.
2023-1-4
Use props
fans94d68458
New

Denmark

I’m getting the same problem. Propellers and motor not even working! I don’t know why it’s doing that when it actually just came out of the box and it’s brand new.
2023-1-4
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans94d68458 Posted at 1-4 11:37
I’m getting the same problem. Propellers and motor not even working! I don’t know why it’s doing that when it actually just came out of the box and it’s brand new.

Hi, there.
May we know if your Avata is in a low-power state as well? If yes, you can try the above steps (floor #41) and see if your problem can be resolved. If not, would you mind sending us a related video of your issue so that we can confirm the details better? You can send it to us via Google Drive or Dropbox.
Thank you.
2023-1-4
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules