Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vwjones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2564288 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi all,

I'm trying to connect my old V2 Goggles to my new avata but I cannot do this in the Fly app until my goggles firmware has been updated.  It won't let me update through the Fly app until I have connected to a drone and the FPV assistant just keep failing the update!  I'm completely stuck.  Is there any way to manually download and update google firmaware?

Anyone else having this issue?

Cheers,
George
2022-8-30
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I ran into this issue too, if you connect the Goggles V2 to your FPV drone, then to the fly app it will then download and install the latest firmware to the goggles. I tried using Assistant 2 but after the download to my Mac it then failed at the transmit stage. The only way I could get it to work was to connect the Goggles V2 to my DJI FPV drone.
After that its just a case of going to the 'About' screen in the goggles, scroll to the end and select the Avata from the list of available aircraft.
2022-8-30
Use props
vwjones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2564288 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks, the trouble is I don't have a DJI FPV drone.  I will try and update using a neighbour's Windows PC.

SOLVED:  Using a Windows PC solved the issue!

2022-8-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. We're glad that you have already managed to isolate the said issue. You may download the DJI Assitant 2 version below for the FPV Drone and DJI Avata. Thank you for your valued support.

https://www.dji.com/downloads/so ... sumer-drones-series
2022-8-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules