Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
azzamen
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14616165 ft
  • >>>
Russia

Hi.
I bought a mini 3 to shoot panoramas. And I found that there is no way to shoot panoramas with a resolution of 48 megapixels. I understand that the drone's processor will not be able to stitch such a panorama. But I no need auto stitching, because I always stitch panoramas myself. I can shoot 48 megapixel panoramas in manual mode, but it's very long.
Please add the ability to shoot a panorama with a resolution of 48 megapixels without auto stitchig, this is very important for me.

Thank you.
2022-8-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-8-31
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-31 19:14
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Hi DJI Paladin and don't forget to let those engineering peeps know that if they spin the camera to vertical mode so the Mini 3 Pro can do 100% complete 360 Sphere Panos it would be fantastic!. Also if you are chewing their ear ask them to include an option to NOT have the drone stitch the image in flight as it wastes valuable flying time. Many thanks Bussty
2022-8-31
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A full sphere in 48mp, yowsers, i see 2 issues, one will be the processing power needed, i really doubt that the Mini 3 has the resources for this.
Would it not need to take each image in 48mp? that right there would be a killer or would it take it all in 12mp and then upscale, but then it wouldn't be a true 48mp.

The other would be time needed, there's about 1 second added to the pre-shot in 48mp and if it is each image that will be in 48mp then that's some serious time added just in the pre-shot alone, then there's the time post-processing, i doubt the standard battery would last that long lol that takes us to your stitching time constraints Bustty.

If the above sounds like i don't know what I'm talking about, you wouldnt be too far off the mark
2022-8-31
Use props
SPLflyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144829 ft
Germany

If the 'normal' 18000 pixel panorama is not enough, why don't you try Topaz Gigapixel AI? Very good upscaling up to 6x (and don't forget to equip the computer with 128 GB RAM beforehand!).
2022-8-31
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 and can were get 48mp in AEB mode too.
2022-8-31
Use props
azzamen
lvl.3
  • >>>
Russia

SPLflyer Posted at 8-31 23:45
If the 'normal' 18000 pixel panorama is not enough, why don't you try Topaz Gigapixel AI? Very good upscaling up to 6x (and don't forget to equip the computer with 128 GB RAM beforehand!).

As an option.Small test without any retouch.
Anyway 48mpix variant is the best I think.

2022-9-1
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

The very low quality and huge colour shifts and artefacts produced by the 4x upsampling to 48mp means the image will be junk.
This is a clear situation where shooting at 12 and using Topaz etc to upscale will yield far better quality.
2022-9-1
Use props
SPLflyer
lvl.4
Germany

azzamen Posted at 9-1 02:21
As an option.Small test without any retouch.
Anyway 48mpix variant is the best I think.
[view_image]

Sorry, I forgot - Gigapixel also has a limit of 32000 px.

As long as there is no automatic 48 MP for panoramas, there is only the manual way. This Swiss guy shows how to do it - but also 'only' comes to 36000 px?!

2022-9-1
Use props
azzamen
lvl.3
  • >>>
Russia

SPLflyer Posted at 9-1 04:55
Sorry, I forgot - Gigapixel also has a limit of 32000 px.

As long as there is no automatic 48 MP for panoramas, there is only the manual way. This Swiss guy shows how to do it - but also 'only' comes to 36000 px?!

Oh yes, I use manual method, but it is so long.
And probably there is confusion here.
A 48mpix photo of the Mini 3 has a resolution of 8064x6048 pixels.
The Gigapixel limit is 32000 pixels on one side. Thus, the maximum resolution of a panorama processed in Gigapixel is 32000x16000 pixels. Or 512 mpix.
A panorama stitched together from 48mpix photos is slightly larger than 38000x19000 pixels. Or 722 mpix.
2022-9-1
Use props
SPLflyer
lvl.4
Germany

azzamen Posted at 9-1 05:15
Oh yes, I use manual method, but it is so long.
And probably there is confusion here.
A 48mpix photo of the Mini 3 has a resolution of 8064x6048 pixels.

Okay, was a thinking error on my part. You are right of course, 36000 px is quite close to the maximum that can be achieved with 48 MP images.
2022-9-1
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

gnirtS Posted at 9-1 02:49
The very low quality and huge colour shifts and artefacts produced by the 4x upsampling to 48mp means the image will be junk.
This is a clear situation where shooting at 12 and using Topaz etc to upscale will yield far better quality.

Can you show us an example of that as hasn't been my experience? If that gave me better results I would absolutely use it so keen to see.

Many thanks

Bussty
2022-9-1
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 618734 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I'm not so sure if the 48MP option is as great as you think it is; since that's just about the raw un-debayered quad pixel that needs to be processed to what comes out as 12MP DNG. Not much advantage for a hell of a lot of pain. I have seen image comparisons between the two modes and they didn't show me '48MP is double as sharp..' or anything similar that way; the contrary: finging, aberration, distortion..
[PS vignetting distortion is still present in both]
I shoot 360s myself regularly and find the 12MP delivers good end results, for viewing on all sorts of platforms, including VR. FB doesn't even accept anything above 14,000x7,000. Panos too big always load slow when hosted elsewhere, and if you're using software like 3DVista it will create multi-resolution for delivery anyway. So not too much gain there either. 2cents.
2022-9-1
Use props
azzamen
lvl.3
  • >>>
Russia

I use panoramic photos as initial data for designing data networks. Therefore, the artistic component of photos is not important to me. But clarity is important. On my test (upper left and second left photo), it is clear that the 48 megapixel panorama is still much clearer.

This introduces a slight dissonance that the mini series drones are positioned as the lowest category. At the same time, these are drones, which, according to the law, are much easier to use. Perhaps it would be worth releasing a Mini Ultra Pro drone with better characteristics, but a professional segment and at a higher price.
2022-9-1
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

azzamen Posted at 9-1 22:47
I use panoramic photos as initial data for designing data networks. Therefore, the artistic component of photos is not important to me. But clarity is important. On my test (upper left and second left photo), it is clear that the 48 megapixel panorama is still much clearer.

This introduces a slight dissonance that the mini series drones are positioned as the lowest category. At the same time, these are drones, which, according to the law, are much easier to use. Perhaps it would be worth releasing a Mini Ultra Pro drone with better characteristics, but a professional segment and at a higher price.

You will not see clarity on DJI just softness...blur...
2022-9-2
Use props
azzamen
lvl.3
  • >>>
Russia

Geo_Drone Posted at 9-2 01:32
You will not see clarity on DJI  just softness...blur...

Sorry, my English is not so good.
What word describes the difference between these two photos?
2022-9-2
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Bussty Posted at 8-31 19:23
Hi DJI Paladin and don't forget to let those engineering peeps know that if they spin the camera to vertical mode so the Mini 3 Pro can do 100% complete 360 Sphere Panos it would be fantastic!. Also if you are chewing their ear ask them to include an option to NOT have the drone stitch the image in flight as it wastes valuable flying time. Many thanks Bussty

I will surely take note of this, Bussty. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-9-2
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-2 03:43
I will surely take note of this, Bussty. Thank you for your valued support.

Thank YOU DJI Paladin
2022-9-2
Use props
Geo_Drone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2676129 ft
  • >>>
Romania

azzamen Posted at 9-2 01:40
What word describes the difference between these two photos?[view_image]

Is called: "Bullshxt noise reduction algorithm from DJI"....
They force a noise reduction that is producing a lot of softness and blur.

Try same area, but Video instead of photo, with 30FPS than 45 FPS (at 30FPS you get the nice ghosting from HQ mode), stop image on same spot than zoom in....you will find out what I am talking about.
2022-9-5
Use props
SPLflyer
lvl.4
Germany

azzamen Posted at 9-2 01:40
What word describes the difference between these two photos?[view_image]

What's wrong with this 100% crop (click to enlarge) from a 12MP panorama? Good programs and some knowledge of post-processing provided, give best results. Even if the subject is ~150m away from the drone, like here. The more so as the unzoomed normal view in a conventional browser usually shows only about 30% of the original size anyway.

2022-9-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Bussty Posted at 9-2 04:37
Thank YOU DJI Paladin

You are most welcome, Bussty. Have a great day ahead.
2022-9-5
Use props
i00
lvl.2
Flight distance : 81598 ft
Australia

I would like this too ... I don't care if the drone takes a while to stitch the super-res-photos!
2022-9-5
Use props
azzamen
lvl.3
  • >>>
Russia

SPLflyer Posted at 9-5 01:24
What's wrong with this 100% crop (click to enlarge) from a 12MP panorama? Good programs and some knowledge of post-processing provided, give best results. Even if the subject is ~150m away from the drone, like here. The more so as the unzoomed normal view in a conventional browser usually shows only about 30% of the original size anyway.

[view_image]

Hi.
I'm not saying that 12 megapixel panoramas are bad, it looks fine. I say 48 megapixel panoramas have more detail and I showed it in the photo.
2022-9-5
Use props
Arek Akki
New

Poland

Hi

Not only is it still not possible to record a panorama in 48Mpx mode (in DJI Mini 3 Pro) - but also this option has not even been introduced in the DJI Mini 4 Pro version yet...

Such policy looks strange...

"Pro" users neeeeds 48Mpix panorama mode  (images only, no stiching onboard in dron)
"Pro" users do not need  panorama final image stiching onboard (because pro stiching is made in external post advanced software)

So maybe keep normal mode panorama as 12Mpix + stiching onboard
And add Pro mode 48Mpix panorama  - images only, no stiching onboard in dron.
I mean to do it for Mini 3 and Mini 4

Difficult to understand why you DJI copmany i  puting knife in own kidney unnecessarly...
2023-10-10
Use props
Sam654
lvl.3
Flight distance : 132667 ft

United Kingdom

I think there is a lot that could be imporoved for panorama creation.
Firstly, I'm not interested in stitching onboard, it does a terrible job and the resolution is lower than you get manually stitching 12MP photos. It's only good as a preview. I have yet to see an onboard stitch that doesn't have alignment errors.
Using the automated pano mode with RAW enabled, to retain the RAW files for manual stitching is one workflow that gets suggested. But I find the RAW images useless as they have a horribe vignette which really shows up in a stitched pano. Plus the fact that the auto pano doen't cover the zenith, even though the camera is capable of doing so.
Another issue is AEB. Using AEB with jpeg is a good alternative to RAW as it eliminates the vignette. But I would like bigger stop gap between exposures. One workarond is to use 5 instead of 3 for a wider range. But I would rather save time and space by having 3 with a wider range. Also as mentioned there is no AEB for 28MP.
What I would really like to see is a customisable pre-configuration for shooting panos, so the user can set how they want it shooting in advance, such as number of shots, in what orientation, exposure bracketing, file format and resolution, etc. Then save that as a routine which can be called upon any time to run automatically.
For me, shooting every frame manually, adjusting the gimbal for every one is the method that yeilds the best results. But I just find it a tedious and time consuming task. To automate that process to run like the auto panos would be great.
Choose your pre-set shooting template, press go, then wait while it shoots it all. Stitch in post on a computer with a GPU and point based stitching software. Perfect.
2023-10-10
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Bulgaria

this is a feature that is kept for the mini 5 pro most probably
2023-10-10
Use props
Potato mini
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7275348 ft
United States

sbonev Posted at 10-10 10:24
this is a feature that is kept for the mini 5 pro most probably

most likely wonder when they are going to release it?
2023-10-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Arek Akki Posted at 10-10 07:50
Hi

Not only is it still not possible to record a panorama in 48Mpx mode (in DJI Mini 3 Pro) - but also this option has not even been introduced in the DJI Mini 4 Pro version yet...

I understand the inconvenience. Please rest assured that we will register the information and provide feedback to the related departments for evaluation. In the future, we will optimize and improve the product or service based on user comments. Thank you for your support and understanding.
2023-10-23
Use props
Stephan Weber
lvl.1
Flight distance : 619222 ft
Germany

I made most of my panos in post from individual photos. But a good method would be to get all the individual photos from a pano as seperate jpg. This way you can get at the end easily 100MBytes or more in perfect quality. And without waiting during the flight!
1-16 13:42
Use props
relaxosmo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 180604 ft
Hungary

no hope for future firmwares for m3pro
1-17 03:51
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules