3.jpg
1.jpg

2022-8-31
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

The previous owner must do this. Even DJI will not do it.
2022-8-31
Use props
NamKun
lvl.1

Vietnam

Mobilehomer Posted at 8-31 07:36
The previous owner must do this. Even DJI will not do it.

I can't get the previous owner info.. Plesae.....
2022-8-31
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Then I think you are unfortunately, beep beeped. Meaning, as far as I know there is nothing anyone can do to help you.
However if you bought it from a shop I would return it as unflyable.
If you bought it from an individual for cash and can no longer get in touch with the seller then .......again you are beep beeped.
If you used Paypal and or a credit card then perhaps they can refund you.

2022-8-31
Use props
NamKun
lvl.1

Vietnam

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 8-31 07:49
Then I think you are unfortunately, beep beeped. Meaning, as far as I know there is nothing anyone can do to help you.
However if you bought it from a shop I would return it as unflyable.
If you bought it from an individual for cash and can no longer get in touch with the seller then .......again you are beep beeped.

OMG very very sad.... i want die.........................
2022-8-31
Use props
SpectreOne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 79659 ft
United States

I would contact the seller and get your money back if they cannot unbind the aircraft. Otherwise you won't be able to use it.
2022-8-31
Use props
RoZis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1423173 ft
Germany

"I bought an old DJI Mini 3 Pro".

An old one? How old can a "DJI Mini 3 Pro" be?
You do not know the seller?
2022-8-31
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Unfortunately, only the original owner can unbind the aircraft.  If you can't locate him/her then your drone will be strictly a parts drone.  Sorry, but not even DJI can unbind it for you.  
2022-8-31
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13438648 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

You will be able to fly it at least 5 times if you have a Dji account but after that the drone will be locked and only the original owner whose account this drone is bound to can unlock it.
2022-8-31
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 233064 ft
United Kingdom

guess it would not be an issue if it was DJI RC controller.  The person will need to unbind from the app on their phone.
2022-8-31
Use props
Drone Jockey
lvl.3
Germany

Mmh, who sells a Mini 3 without the controller? That's a third party controller on the photo.
Pretty strange.

PS: Nevertheless, maybe DJI can contact the original owner, when they know the serial number of this drone? I guess, they can check, to which account email it was bound and can contact this email address for you? I don't know. Might be worth contacting DJI support and ask.
2022-8-31
Use props
Amit Dunsky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1083205 ft
Israel

Was that a legit buy?
If so, you should contact the seller.
If the buy was more on the fishy side, then I'm truly sorry for you, but that's just the nature of such transactions...
2022-8-31
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Drone Jockey Posted at 8-31 12:12
Mmh, who sells a Mini 3 without the controller? That's a third party controller on the photo.
Pretty strange.

That is a DJI RC N1. It just has a cover on it.
2022-8-31
Use props
Beta5K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196880 ft
United States

Drone Jockey Posted at 8-31 12:12
Mmh, who sells a Mini 3 without the controller? That's a third party controller on the photo.
Pretty strange.

Possible, but doubt DJI will go through all these hoops to contact the new owner. It could've changed multiple hands making it harder for traceability.
2022-8-31
Use props
Drone Jockey
lvl.3
Germany

Mobilehomer Posted at 8-31 12:24
That is a DJI RC N1. It just has a cover on it.

Ah, ok ... sorry ... should have looked closer.
2022-8-31
Use props
Drone Jockey
lvl.3
Germany

Beta5K Posted at 8-31 12:50
Possible, but doubt DJI will go through all these hoops to contact the new owner. It could've changed multiple hands making it harder for traceability.

Worth a try ... DJI support seems to be pretty good and it shouldn't be much hassle for them to send an info mail to the old owner.

PS: Isn't the drone account binding some kind of theft protection? Then DJI must help here, because otherwise the theft protection would be pretty much useless, right?

2022-8-31
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Drone Jockey Posted at 8-31 13:10
Worth a try ... DJI support seems to be pretty good and it shouldn't be much hassle for them to send an info mail to the old owner.

PS: Isn't the drone account binding some kind of theft protection? Then DJI must help here, because otherwise the theft protection would be pretty much useless, right?

DJI will not help, at all.
2022-8-31
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

NamKun Posted at 8-31 08:38
OMG very very sad.... i want die.........................

Sadly, without the original owner's details, there is nothing that can be done, DJI will not get involved as it's a form of theft protection not to mention a possible breach of data protection, the latter is a guess, and the former is highly likely. If it was a legitimate purchase, contact the previous owner through the means you used to get in touch when you bought it. If this is no longer possible then I would suspect that it's a stolen or found unit. In these cases, there's only one option left: selling it for parts and getting some money back.
2022-8-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble. In this case, I will strongly recommend that you need to contact the seller where you purchase the unit to set up this for you. The previous owner needs to unbind the aircraft for you to bind it on your DJI Fly app. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-8-31
Use props
NamKun
lvl.1

Vietnam

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-31 19:22
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble. In this case, I will strongly recommend that you need to contact the seller where you purchase the unit to set up this for you. The previous owner needs to unbind the aircraft for you to bind it on your DJI Fly app. Thank you for your understanding and support.

i bought mini 3 pro + DJI RC Remote about 2 months ago. and i use it normally. I then sold the RC remote to another person. And they exited all the old accounts to log in to their new accounts. Now I don't know what to do. I can only contact the person to whom I sold the RC remote . Please help me
2022-8-31
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

NamKun Posted at 8-31 20:37
i bought mini 3 pro + DJI RC Remote about 2 months ago. and i use it normally. I then sold the RC remote to another person. And they exited all the old accounts to log in to their new accounts. Now I don't know what to do. I can only contact the person to whom I sold the RC remote . Please help me

If this is the case then you need to login using that same account and all will be fine If you cannot remember all the details to that account then but do know the email used, then just do a forgot password at login. If you cannot remember the email address used then DJI "may" be able to help retrieve it with your personal details
2022-8-31
Use props
NamKun
lvl.1

Vietnam

Bashy Posted at 8-31 21:44
If this is the case then you need to login using that same account and all will be fine  If you cannot remember all the details to that account then but do know the email used, then just do a forgot password at login. If you cannot remember the email address used then DJI "may" be able to help retrieve it with your personal details

The old account is the account of the previous owner. And I have no information about that person. I have been using DJI mavic mini 3 for 2 months. Everything was fine until I sold my Hand RC remote. Help me
2022-8-31
Use props
NamKun
lvl.1

Vietnam

Help Me... Please
2022-9-1
Use props
MeAtHome
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84104 ft
Switzerland

NamKun Posted at 9-1 01:57
Help Me... Please

After reading the posts, you are the owner of a grounded drone. Only the previous owner can help you.
2022-9-1
Use props
NamKun
lvl.1

Vietnam

MeAtHome Posted at 9-1 04:13
After reading the posts, you are the owner of a grounded drone. Only the previous owner can help you.

omg.........................
2022-9-1
Use props
NamKun
lvl.1

Vietnam

DJI Paladin Posted at 8-31 19:22
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble. In this case, I will strongly recommend that you need to contact the seller where you purchase the unit to set up this for you. The previous owner needs to unbind the aircraft for you to bind it on your DJI Fly app. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Please......
2022-9-1
Use props
Timinator
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3481985 ft
  • >>>
Canada

This has stolen aircraft written all over it.
2022-9-1
Use props
Beta5K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 196880 ft
United States

They said it themselves. Your only option is to contact the previous owner.
There's really nothing else to say here.
2022-9-1
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

NamKun Posted at 8-31 22:56
The old account is the account of the previous owner. And I have no information about that person. I have been using DJI mavic mini 3 for 2 months. Everything was fine until I sold my Hand RC remote. Help me

I am a little confused, 1st you say your remote DJI RC worked great, then you sold that remote and are using the N1 now, why cant you log in on the N1 using the account that the DJI RC was using? that was your RC so should be your account, or are you saying that you bought the whole lot second-hand and used the previous owner's account? if so, that's just crazy talk, if not, I'm back to lost again...

No amount of begging will change DJI's mind, this is their policy for this situation in case the drone is stolen. You have to get in touch with the previous owner, if not, you are pooped and all you can do is sell it for parts.
2022-9-1
Use props
SpectreOne
lvl.3
Flight distance : 79659 ft
United States

You're are up a creek with out the previous owner's info!
2022-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules