10789 19 2022-8-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bob Brown
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4209662 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not sure is it supposed to take over 4-5 hours to charge a single battery. Is this the norm? I am using the included battery charger and a DJI FC150 50W USB charge port. (high speed usb charging) Compared to my Mavic and Mini drones this seems to take forever to charge.  At this rate I will get to fly for 45 minutes every few days with the 3 batteries I have. (13-15 hours to charge them all)

Any way to charge them faster without damaging them?
2022-8-31
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

According to DJI batteries should charge in about 47 minutes with a 65W charging block. My experience is very similar.
2022-8-31
Use props
Lucas626
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

I used my M3pro charger and the lights started lighting fast and charged faster.
2022-8-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Bob Brown. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. Kindly please try using a different recommended charger ( 65W Portable Charger ) to charge your DJI Avata Intelligent Flight Battery for us to be able to isolate the issue. The DJI Avata Intelligent Flight Battery's Charging Time ( for one single battery ) : When charging it to 94%: It takes approx. 37 mins., when charging it to 100%: It takes approx. 48 mins. Thank you.
2022-8-31
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-31 19:02
Hello there Bob Brown. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information. Kindly please try using a different recommended charger ( 65W Portable Charger ) to charge your DJI Avata Intelligent Flight Battery for us to be able to isolate the issue. The DJI Avata Intelligent Flight Battery's Charging Time ( for one single battery ) : When charging it to 94%: It takes approx. 37 mins., when charging it to 100%: It takes approx. 48 mins. Thank you.

Where do I get this 65W recommended charger in the USA? Been out of stock for a while now.
Inquiries via chat just tell me to request notification... not helpful. Amazon and other vendors are dry.

Any idea when this and the FPV Controller 2 are back in stock?
==========================================================================================

Update... I fianlly found some on Amazon! (was dry yesterday so maybe inventory is coming back?)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09J81VQW2

Thanks all for your help... glad I asked and not sure why DJI does not include the charger in the combos. Seems like it is required for use.

2022-9-1
Use props
JakeWest
lvl.1
United States

I’ve been using a 65w Anker nano and anker usb c to c I use to charge everything else.  No problems charging the Avata battery in under an hour with the stock adapter.
2022-9-1
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

JakeWest Posted at 9-1 06:47
I’ve been using a 65w Anker nano and anker usb c to c I use to charge everything else.  No problems charging the Avata battery in under an hour with the stock adapter.

Yeah but with DJI Support using anything other than DJI gear will cause support dismissal syndrome.

I appreciate all the advice and glad there is a better way.
2022-9-1
Use props
JakeWest
lvl.1
United States

Bob Brown Posted at 9-1 07:04
Yeah but with DJI Support using anything other than DJI gear will cause support dismissal syndrome.

I appreciate all the advice and glad there is a better way.
Like I get that but before I even went to this they were not very helpful in trying to resolve my issues so…. Lol that works… also needed what seems to be a pretty specific cable to even get the fpv controller updated on pc (cough GoPros oem usb A to C).
2022-9-1
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a few of these and a few of these around the house, both are GaN and both work great wilh all of my devices.
2022-9-1
Use props
djiuser_tb0AVKwqEhuj
lvl.1
Denmark

I have the same problem.

Tryed 4 different 65 fast plugs....fast charger...6 cabels 2 fast cabels. , still 12 hours for 3 batteries.
Now i have to send them to dji , an what 14 days for new batteris. Nice service on a brand new drone
2022-9-7
Use props
Scatamonky
lvl.1
Flight distance : 39 ft
United Kingdom

I'm in the UK - came here for the same reason - tried the fastest Samsung fast charger took over 4 hours - then tried a Nintendo Switch charger - still took over 4 hours. I'm looking at a 108W charger on Amazon for £26 - reviews all seem good too.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/108W-Mac-Book-Air-Charger-Black/dp/B09YL5JB91/ref=sr_1_10?keywords=100w%2Busb%2Bc%2Bcharger&qid=1662556937&sr=8-10&th=1
2022-9-7
Use props
Bob Brown
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Scatamonky Posted at 9-7 05:27
I'm in the UK - came here for the same reason - tried the fastest Samsung fast charger took over 4 hours - then tried a Nintendo Switch charger - still took over 4 hours. I'm looking at a 108W charger on Amazon for £26 - reviews all seem good too.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/108W-Mac-Book-Air-Charger-Black/dp/B09YL5JB91/ref=sr_1_10?keywords=100w%2Busb%2Bc%2Bcharger&qid=1662556937&sr=8-10&th=1

To avoid any issues I would highly recommend the DJI 65W charger. I got one and charging is super fast now... charges all 3 batteries in less than 2 hours now with the Avata Charging hub. That one looks a bit over powered and may damage the batteries? not 100% sure... may damage the charging block first.
2022-9-7
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bob Brown Posted at 9-7 06:21
To avoid any issues I would highly recommend the DJI 65W charger. I got one and charging is super fast now... charges all 3 batteries in less than 2 hours now with the Avata Charging hub. That one looks a bit over powered and may damage the batteries? not 100% sure... may damage the charging block first.

The charging hub/batteries will only allow what the batteries need. Thus "Intelligent Batteries."
2022-9-7
Use props
Your Friend
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1757375 ft
  • >>>
United States

JakeWest Posted at 9-1 06:47

I think a MacBook charger would work perfectly.
2022-9-7
Use props
SkySight Aerial Perspective
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3312018 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Your Friend Posted at 9-7 06:56
I think a MacBook charger would work perfectly.

This works fine as long as you use the lower type c port.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/prod ... 0?ie=UTF8&psc=1
2022-9-10
Use props
djiuser_hMn4RAkirLth
lvl.2

United States

What charging block specifically? I’m a little shocked that DJI pushed these things out without ample battery (or controllers) options available. I guess I need to charge this thing as fast as possible… because I have 1 battery and can only use it for 10 minutes every 5 hours or so….. MASSIVELY disappointing. Experience debilitating
2022-10-29
Use props
djiuser_hMn4RAkirLth
lvl.2

United States

What charging block specifically? I’m a little shocked that DJI pushed these things out without ample battery (or controllers) options available. I guess I need to charge this thing as fast as possible… because I have 1 battery and can only use it for 10 minutes every 5 hours or so….. MASSIVELY disappointing. Experience debilitating
2022-10-29
Use props
fans5bb87d54
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1176509 ft
  • >>>
Slovenia

I have perfect and cheapest solution for fast charge DJI Avata and Mini 3 Pro! Buy any 100w car charger and use original short USB C to USB C cable from pack of DJI Avata or Mini 3 Pro.
Problem solved! Now you can fast charge your drone
2023-1-7
Use props
Chris Brown2
New

United States

I had the same issue until I removed the usb C "adapter" from the arrangement. 65w port usb C to the usb C charging hub. Then it worked fine
3-14 06:16
Use props
djiuser_pcpivuxk7q0G
lvl.1
Flight distance : 427720 ft
United States

Lucas626 Posted at 2022-8-31 18:44
I used my M3pro charger and the lights started lighting fast and charged faster.

Thanks bro this is a hack!
4-13 13:51
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules