Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_7mTja2A9Ccmr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 437369 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hi,
I have odd issue; I 'm expirienced pilot, and flying for number of years, both camera and FPV drones. I just got my Avata, and I went to my garage to see if everithing working. First time I took off with motion controller, drone went up for about 30 cm and than right, than down. I n that point I was thinking that I propably dont know how to use the MC, so i pared my normal controller with Avata and everithing was fine. I took off, drone was super stable even in my garage,... all controlls worked fine. Than after third time I took off, drone again started to go in random direction fast and erratic, same as it would if one prop was missing. Than next 3 time everithing was just fine.....

So i'm bit confused if it is IMU issue, and I had that before, Issue would be consistent, not random. In this point im kinda worried to take it out, since it doesn't seams safe to fly due to random erratic behaviour.  

If anyone have idea what to do I would apprisiate that.

2022-8-31
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know if you are receiving any error message on the DJI Fly application when this is happening? Thank you.
2022-8-31
Use props
djiuser_7mTja2A9Ccmr
lvl.1
Flight distance : 437369 ft
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 8-31 18:49
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know if you are receiving any error message on the DJI Fly application when this is happening? Thank you.

Apparently IMU had to be tuned, now all is good, TNX
2022-9-5
Use props
djiuser_S6NjRdKGVBBo
New

Hong Kong

I have exactly the same issue. Drone takes off, ignores all commands (brake, opposite maneuver, trying to land) and just fly directly into the wall. Just now I was flaying for 1min and 30 seconds without any issues and I received message “Fly with caution (no gps/vision). Avata started making erratic movements, crashed into a wall and then went up again and crashed into the opposite wall.

This is not the first time it’s happening.
2022-9-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_7mTja2A9Ccmr Posted at 9-5 11:18
Apparently IMU had to be tuned, now all is good, TNX

Hi there. Thank you for the reply and for giving out these update.  If you have any other concerns or any  inquiries with DJI in the future. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and assist you. Thank you. .
2022-9-8
Use props
sideburn01
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1689610 ft
United States

I’m having similar issues. Seems to be related to flying at low altitude (< 2ft) and smooth / semi reflective concrete flooring. When flying indoors over my cement floor, the drone will sporadically take over the controls and fight me. It will dart forward / backwards / sideways and sometimes not stop and slam into the wall. I cannot control it in any way. No on screen warnings.
2022-9-25
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

maybe not so much with avata as with other drones but i never could understand why anyone would hand-launch or take off with a drone 1 or 2 feet away from their face.  ok to so it "sometimes" but it's risky because of noted here, you never know what that drone is going to do and at least look away so you don't lose an eye.
2022-9-25
Use props
Nickoooo_ZQN
lvl.1

New Zealand

Had the same issue. Takes off then flys straight forward until crash. Calibrated the controller etc. Still does it.......
2022-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules