Taking Photospheres with my Phantom 3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
stephenjdc
lvl.2

United Kingdom

I've been experimenting with taking photospheres with my Phantom 3. Here's an early attempt, very pleased with how it works so far! It's particularly nice viewing them using Google Cardboard's photosphere viewer.

https://plus.google.com/+StephenCoyle1/posts/boGzgxFwucm

2015-8-7
Use props
Adamation
lvl.2

United Kingdom

OK this is awesome! is it just a bunch of photos taken with the phantom just rotated around a bit each time? how many photos high is it? did you rotate the cam down a set amount for each layer so to speak - Adam
2015-8-7
Use props
coherent
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7411 ft
United States

Very nice.  Thanks for the post.  I was curious did you take stills, or capture the stills from video? How many did you need horizontally total for each 360 degree stitch for your results?
Also, I'm assuming you rotated 360, then pan up.. 360 again... pan up 360 again etc. How many shots vertically were needed for the stitching from ground  to sky? (if that makes sense).
Thanks
2015-8-7
Use props
AlmostTan
lvl.3
Flight distance : 118665 ft
United States

Can't wait to get home and try this w/ my cardboard...
2015-8-7
Use props
stephenjdc
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Thanks everyone!

It's about 25m up, I'm looking forward to trying some a bit higher and in more interesting places! You're basically right, I took a ring of photos with the cam tilted up, one with it level, one with it tilted down and then a final one looking directly down (although it seems to have scaled slightly wrong at the bottom). I'm not sure how many I took, I just made sure to leave a good overlap between each photo and worked my way around 360 degrees. I also made sure to take plenty while facing up so I could eliminate the props from the shot.
2015-8-7
Use props
rayrokni
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8139875 ft
United States

it is cool, good job. but why not just use the yaw and camera pitch to do the same?
thx for your reply
2015-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules