Craigslist
924 9 2022-9-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PMYSKO
lvl.2
Flight distance : 40459 ft

United States

Hello, I need advice. I brought an Air 2S from Craigslist here where I live in NYC. The owner said he unbounded the aircraft from his account. The batteries were nearly dead and he had forgotten the charger. Inspected the aircraft and  hovered about three feet in the air and set the craft down. He discounted the agreed upon price for the inconvenience. Waited about a week to get the charger from eBay. After charging it I can't add the drone to my account. I called and texted and got no reply. Contacted DJI and they said they will reach out to the registered email. If no reply there's nothing she can do. Is this correct? How does make since? I will wait the 48 hours and call back. I'm also thinking if it's stolen, how can I contact the original owner? I have screen shots of the conversations also listing from Craigslist.
2022-9-1
Use props
SD_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you flew the drone 3 feet then the controller and drone are still connected/bound so no need to reconnect/bind them together. If bought the drone from the user you cannot add it your account as if you're the new user. That only happens when you're the first owner of the aircraft. No need to worry because you can still fly the drone under your DJI account/email when you open up the DJI app. Not sure why DJI would even tell you they're going to contact the original owner lol; there's no reason to do that.

No need to contact the first owner. Just open up the DJI app, connect and enjoy the flight.

I've sold a couple of drones and never, ever had an issue. I'll explain to the buyer what they need to do to get it flying under their account.
2022-9-3
Use props
PMYSKO
lvl.2

United States

Thank you for your comment. I would like to add the aircraft to my account. I have a M2 Zoom and I can see all flight history. I'd like to have this option with the Air 2S. Since it is linked to another account this is not possible.
2022-9-3
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

"He discounted the agreed upon price for the inconvenience."

that should have been a clue.
2022-9-3
Use props
PMYSKO
lvl.2

United States

I believe I'm in possession of stolen property, if anyone here has had an AIR 2s stolen please pm me the last 4 characters of the aircraft so we can arrange the return
2022-9-3
Use props
PMYSKO
lvl.2

United States

The Saint Posted at 9-3 09:13
"He discounted the agreed upon price for the inconvenience."

that should have been a clue.

This is so true
2022-9-3
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

be careful my friend.  lots of drone owners believe buying goods that turns out to be stolen is a crime for which you should be punished.  never claim that you are in possession of stolen property:  https://forum.dji.com/thread-270062-1-1.html
2022-9-4
Use props
PMYSKO
lvl.2

United States

The Saint Posted at 9-4 11:20
be careful my friend.  lots of drone owners believe buying goods that turns out to be stolen is a crime for which you should be punished.  never claim that you are in possession of stolen property:  https://forum.dji.com/thread-270062-1-1.html

Thanks for the heads up. This is becoming a nightmare..........
2022-9-4
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

Just to clarify, buying something in good faith that turns out to be stolen is not a crime. It IS acrime if you know it is stolen. In your case, you have no culpability.
2022-9-4
Use props
PMYSKO
lvl.2

United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 9-4 11:32
Just to clarify, buying something in good faith that turns out to be stolen is not a crime. It IS acrime if you know it is stolen. In your case, you have no culpability.

I'm glad I saved a screen shot of all correspondence
2022-9-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules