Fly app compass
664 3 2022-9-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Suzygs1000
lvl.2
Australia

Hi, I cannot see where there is a separate forum for the Fly app, so I guess that everyone just posts with their drone model.

I fly both the Mini and Mini 2

I use two phones, depending where I am flying. as only one has a sim card in it.

The two phones I am using are Motorola G30 and Sharp Aquos C10.

Both work perfectly, except for one thing I just realised after installing the latest version of the app.

When I am using the Motorola G30, if I bring up the compass, the arrow on me that should be pointing in the direction I am aiming the antennas does not work.  No matter in which direction I face, the arrow stays pointed in one direction only.  This is no help with aiming the antennas at the drone.

However, when I use the Sharp, the arrow works, it moves depending on which way I am facing.

This has to be a problem with the phones and not the app, so I went home and studied the specs for both phones.

What I found is that the Motorola does not have a compass, while the Sharp does.

This is not something that would normally worry anyone purchasing a phone.

It appears then that for the compass to work correctly, the phone needs to have a compass.

I actually purchased the Sharp pretty cheaply, and it has very high specs, including the compass and a very high spec screen.

It is a much nicer phone to use for the drone than the Motorola.

Now I just have to work out how to use bluetooth hotspot to connect the two phones, then I can use the Sharp even in restricted areas where I need internet access.

Just something to keep in mind when looking for a suitable phone, and maybe a reason why a lot of phones are not considered by DJI to be suitable/

regards Dave.

2022-9-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Dave. Good day and thank you for sharing these interesting information about the mobile devices that you have used on the DJI Fly application. Again, thank you for your support and keep flying.
2022-9-2
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18150351 ft
United States

Do a search on your phone settings for "hot spot"
2022-9-3
Use props
Suzygs1000
lvl.2
Australia

Mobilehomer Posted at 9-3 10:46
Do a search on your phone settings for "hot spot"

Yeh, I tried that this morning at the airport ... sent 1/2 hour trying to set it up, but couldn't get any internet service on the Sharp.  All too confusing for me.   Ended up using the Motorola..  the easy answer is just to put the sim card in the Sharp when Igo to the airport to fly ...
2022-9-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules