FAA required September 2023 drone location wireless broadcast mod...
2253 8 2022-9-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RussJB
lvl.1
United States

I understand as of Sept. 16, 2022 manufacturers will be required to include this feature on new drones and as of Sept. 2023 older drones will need to have "modules that broadcast location" to attach to their drones. I am a new Mavic 2 air owner, just purchased, first drone, did the Trust certificate questionnaire, registered with FAA, curious about what DJI has in the future for us, appreciate any feed back.
2022-9-3
Use props
Fred Fred Fred
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

I fly the Mavic 3 and from what I know the Mavic 3 already has remote I’d but it’s not active at the moment until the new drone law it enacted so maybe the Mavic Air 2 has it just it’s not active, but then again I could be wrong.
2022-9-3
Use props
RussJB
lvl.1
United States

Fred Fred Fred Posted at 9-3 14:14
I fly the Mavic 3 and from what I know the Mavic 3 already has remote I’d but it’s not active at the moment until the new drone law it enacted so maybe the Mavic Air 2 has it just it’s not active, but then again I could be wrong.

Appreciate the reply. Sure would be nice to be sure. Hopefully one of the DJI Tech’s will respond with some definitive information for us, it looks like it is going to affect a lot of people. I am studying as I find time and plan to get the PART107 certificate eventually. Would like to stay ahead of the situation.
2022-9-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Fred Fred Fred Posted at 9-3 14:14

It doesn't have an approved FAA remote id,  that specification is not yet final.
2022-9-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2022-9-3
Use props
RussJB
lvl.1
United States

DAFlys Posted at 9-3 23:48
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WI-KmMRjArc

Appreciate your sharing this. Yes it is really sad.   I am new to Drone flight , bought the Mavic air 2 a couple month ago, got the TRUST recreational certificate and registered Recreational only with FAA, put the registration number on the drone and added anti collision lights and blade guards, trying to fly safe. I have been a photographer for decades, lots of HDR tone mapping, low light extended exposure, focus stacking … Use to be a real estate agent, did HDR real estate photography, 24-70mm f2.8, tripod, remote switch, got a lot of approvals from Clients and requests from other agents to do their images. Though I would spend some time learning maneuvers recreationally, and then get my P107, I am actually taking the course now with Pilot Institute, planning on taking exam late Oct. this year. Figured I would purchase the Mavic 3 Enterprise 6k to use commercially for that, adding external views of property and community amenities with the drone.  But I am disappointed with what I am seeing as far as the manufacturers preparation and support on this Remote ID fiasco, and other issues. Believe I got into this at the wrong time, definitely not making any more purchases until this is all resolved, including and beginning with remode I’d for my present drone before I move on Anything else.
2022-10-9
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RussJB Posted at 10-9 09:21
Appreciate your sharing this. Yes it is really sad.   I am new to Drone flight , bought the Mavic air 2 a couple month ago, got the TRUST recreational certificate and registered Recreational only with FAA, put the registration number on the drone and added anti collision lights and blade guards, trying to fly safe. I have been a photographer for decades, lots of HDR tone mapping, low light extended exposure, focus stacking … Use to be a real estate agent, did HDR real estate photography, 24-70mm f2.8, tripod, remote switch, got a lot of approvals from Clients and requests from other agents to do their images. Though I would spend some time learning maneuvers recreationally, and then get my P107, I am actually taking the course now with Pilot Institute, planning on taking exam late Oct. this year. Figured I would purchase the Mavic 3 Enterprise 6k to use commercially for that, adding external views of property and community amenities with the drone.  But I am disappointed with what I am seeing as far as the manufacturers preparation and support on this Remote ID fiasco, and other issues. Believe I got into this at the wrong time, definitely not making any more purchases until this is all resolved, including and beginning with remode I’d for my present drone before I move on Anything else.

To be fair the USA hadn’t published the specs for remote ID so it was impossible to implement.  
2022-10-9
Use props
RussJB
lvl.1
United States

DAFlys Posted at 10-9 09:26
To be fair the USA hadn’t published the specs for remote ID so it was impossible to implement.

Just hope that with what manned aircraft has been using for location data, required by FAA for some time now, that over the last year, the manufacturers have  considered this same flight location, trajectory data  needed , and now need to just add this broadcast feature to the firmware securely, and broadcast over Wi-Fi to comply? If the controller and UAS has connection for location of both available…? Or furnish the remote broadcast module at a reasonable price so recreational only users won’t get hammered…. And I understand the concern for the need for personal security / self  defense  when the Pilot location  will be shared with everyone out there, not just the understood FAA, Department of Transportation, and Law Enforcement .
2022-10-9
Use props
RussJB
lvl.1
United States

Being new to this, thought I would browse through the forum posts. Seeing a considerable number of complaints regarding service support, and extended time periods on actual solutions .. still holding off before I purchase any other drone or accessories, along with Mavic 3 Enterprise 6K bundle, also looking at Autel Evo Pro 2 as an Enterprise option when this whole remote I’d issue gets resolved., like the camera specs better on the 6K Enterprise from what I’ve read, but  definitely on hold…..going to watch how each manufacturer handles this,….
2022-10-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules