991 16 2022-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BlairwareVision
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16780791 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have had a large people asking when we will have yaw control during RTH for the Mini 3 Pro. We currently have only gimbal pitch control during return to home. When this feature was  added to the Mini 2, it was an absolute sensation, with creators such as Sky High Films making videos on the many amazing shots now possible. It essentially provides pilot assist, allowing complete focus for camera control, similar to dual controller setups that professional drone filmmakers have.

This is a formal request for this control on Mini 3 Pro. I am advocating for the many users who believe would make this amazing drone so much more caoable, and would not be at the expense of safety, performance or other negative effects.

Specifically,  it will create even more reasons for customers to buy this amazing engineering in a small package!

Please include this in an upcoming Firmware release.
2022-9-4
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

I would totally support this request too!
2022-9-4
Use props
Gremlin17
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2354931 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 thank you.
2022-9-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I’m not sure this is the best solution to be asking for. A much better and preferred mode would be course lock mode. Its already  there in hyperlapse mode and while its similar to what you’re looking for in RTH it would serve much better use if you could use it anywhere at any preferred height instead of thr Rth restrictions. Or even simpler tap to fly..
2022-9-4
Use props
BlairwareVision
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

I can't disagree. Your idea is more flexible, fits more scenarios, and 9ffers more control. It could potentially require more work to integrate into current versions of the Fly App (which will, at the current rate, end up having most or all of the features and "complexity" of the Go app it replaced) -I have no inside knowledge of how decisions are made at DJI, but my thought was to ask for something that has been implemented elsewhere, perhaps the code is common and/or reusable. Tap to Fly! There's a blast from the past!

What I want personally,  and miss from previous drones the most is standard camera image control. You know: Contrast, Saturation, Sharpness. Come ON, DJI! These controls are available on cheap digital cameras, Autel drones, and all DJI drones that use the Go app.
2022-9-4
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

hallmark007 Posted at 9-4 12:43
I’m not sure this is the best solution to be asking for. A much better and preferred mode would be course lock mode. Its already  there in hyperlapse mode and while its similar to what you’re looking for in RTH it would serve much better use if you could use it anywhere at any preferred height instead of thr Rth restrictions. Or even simpler tap to fly..

If DJI could add Course Lock Mode even better!
2022-9-4
Use props
BlairwareVision
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

These things do not have to be mutually exclusive.  I simply asked, based on numerous discussions for a feature that was highly lauded when added to Mini 2. There are actually lots of things that would be better. If they brought back true tripod mode,  if they actually updated Quickshots or Mastershots which have been the same since introduced,  if they gave us waypoints for video & stills instead of just hyperlapses... I could go on for some time. How is adding yaw control "not the best solution"? It's a specific feature. Should they do Course Lock/Tap to Fly or forget the whole thing? Way to poop on an idea before it even got attention of DJI.
2022-9-4
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-9-4
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Every thing necessary for waypoints is already there except the switch. Variable speed control in Cine mode is an easy app modification. Yaw control on RTH is also an easy mod since the Mini 2 already has it.
2022-9-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 Would be a nice addition but what we really want is course lock.
2022-9-4
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

BlairwareVision Posted at 9-4 16:32
These things do not have to be mutually exclusive.  I simply asked, based on numerous discussions for a feature that was highly lauded when added to Mini 2. There are actually lots of things that would be better. If they brought back true tripod mode,  if they actually updated Quickshots or Mastershots which have been the same since introduced,  if they gave us waypoints for video & stills instead of just hyperlapses... I could go on for some time. How is adding yaw control "not the best solution"? It's a specific feature. Should they do Course Lock/Tap to Fly or forget the whole thing? Way to poop on an idea before it even got attention of DJI.

Well if its being so much discussed and a hugely popular feature I'm certain it has already the attention of dji wouldn’t you think.
2022-9-4
Use props
BlairwareVision
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Maybe.  Then again it took DJI almost a year to put raw capability on the Mavic 3 Telephoto camera, after requests started within the first week. Attention is relative.
2022-9-5
Use props
BlairwareVision
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 9-4 20:56
Yaw during RTH is not a "feature".  It was not added to the Mini 2.  DJI birds that lack obstacle avoidance have ALWAYS been able to yaw during RTH.  But when you have Obstacle Avoidance, the sensors have to face forward to detect things.  This is why birds with OA don't yaw during RTH.  Older ones that use the Go4 app can, if you disable the "OA during RTH" toggle.  When on, those birds perform just like the Mini 3.  No one is "pooping on your idea".  It's just you aren't thinking it through.  Either you have Obstacle Avoidance, in which case the sensors must face forwards, or you disable OA completely.  Then you are free to yaw during RTH.

Well it sure as hell was not enabled on Mini 2 until v01.02.0300 on March 4, 2021. https://forum.dji.com/thread-237002-1-1.html
2022-9-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Good suggestion!
2022-9-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

But I feel like this was a 'mistake' that they left in the FW and advertised as a feature later on.
Only the top of the line DJI drones have this normally.
2022-9-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

+1, thank you for bringing this request to DJI's attention.  
2022-9-5
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Guys, i would be very surprised if DJI brings this back, they need to be heading in the direction of safer drones, that's what the C ratings are all about. |I hope they do mind as i miss being able to look about.
2022-9-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules