5843 6 2022-9-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

One of the new features supposed to be available in the latest version (v1.2.0) of Gyroflow is
  • Automatically detect and join multiple recording parts (that have been split to 4GB)

The very first time I imported an Avata file into Gyroflow it detected this and joined the multiple parts together.  However, since that first time, it doesn't detect this and only opens a single file at a time.  I'm sure I'm just missing something obvious, but what am I missing?

2022-9-4
Use props
fans8f4ceb0e
lvl.1

United States

Did you figure this out yet? I am having the same problem...
2022-9-5
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans8f4ceb0e Posted at 9-5 13:20
Did you figure this out yet? I am having the same problem...

Well, kind of sort of.  I found more information, but I still can't get it all to work.

Yes, the current official release (v1.2.0) of Gyroflow can't detect the Avata multi-part files because of DJI's ridiculous naming scheme for the files that gives no indication that the file is one part of the multi-part video.

For instance, in my folder, I may have files named something like DJI_0020, DJI_0021, DJI_0022 and DJI_0023.  But only 21-23 are part of the "same" video.

So if I rename those files to DJI_0021_001, DJI_0021_002, DJI_0021_003, and open the 001 file, then Gyroflow will detect that its part of a multi-part video and will offer to combine them.  But you have to open the 001 file for it to work.  

However, when I do this, then the Gyro data doesn't appear to come across with the merged file.

So that is with the official release version.  Of course the developers are already working on a new version with additional features.  One of those features is the ability to select multiple files in the File Open dialog.  When you do that, then it will offer to combine them together.

However, the dev build successfully merges the files, but then the lens profile is missing and the gyro data is missing.

So we'll see what I can track down.  I've actually been chatting a bit with the devs.  I'm uploading some test files to send to them now.
2022-9-5
Use props
fans8f4ceb0e
lvl.1

United States

Hey man I just resolved it, check my youtube video on it: https://youtu.be/q5bOLIbIAN8
2022-9-5
Use props
fans8f4ceb0e
lvl.1

United States

fans8f4ceb0e Posted at 9-5 14:20
Hey man I just resolved it, check my youtube video on it: https://youtu.be/q5bOLIbIAN8

LOL we are both in discord right now talking about this together... Small world
2022-9-5
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

fans8f4ceb0e Posted at 9-5 14:22
LOL we are both in discord right now talking about this together... Small world

Doesn't work for me like that though.  

I was wondering if that was you.  
2022-9-5
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

After sending some example files that weren't working correctly for me to the Gyroflow developers, they have fixed it in their latest development build.  Amazing how a small dedicated team can take action on something so quickly!  
2022-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules