4290 50 2022-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It is obvious that the range of the transmission to the Goggles is too weak to be useful in the UK. I understand there is a hack but if you dont want to do the hack it is pointless buying in any country that has to use CE mode. Confirmed again in this video by Ian

2022-9-5
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27904331 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I've reached 2 kilometers distance, but at a height of about 60 m and no trees or anything between me and the Avata...
2022-9-5
Use props
Aerorealms
lvl.2
Spain

frankymusik Posted at 9-5 08:59
I've reached 2 kilometers distance, but at a height of about 60 m and no trees or anything between me and the Avata...

loooooooool
2022-9-5
Use props
Red Zeppelin
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18286946 ft
United Kingdom

If you've spent the money and want the full experience, I really don't understand why you wouldn't just apply the free Beyond hack as it's hardly difficult?

I was on the fence, but as soon as my preferred seller has it back in stock, I'll be getting the Avata and enjoying FCC mode in less than about 30 seconds
2022-9-5
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

i have to agree, range on drone is good at normal power. with CE rules they had to reduce it, but good there is a solution ;) so just fly as You should with it
2022-9-5
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

The majority of users buying this aircraft will be flying WELL within 1km, FCC or CE. Range truly shouldn't even be a consideration IF using this drone for what it is intended.
2022-9-5
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KLRSKIR Posted at 9-5 11:08
The majority of users buying this aircraft will be flying WELL within 1km, FCC or CE. Range truly shouldn't even be a consideration IF using this drone for what it is intended.

I think you have missed the point in CE mode using it as intended low and around stuff you will be lucky to get 130 m
2022-9-5
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Red Zeppelin Posted at 9-5 09:40
If you've spent the money and want the full experience, I really don't understand why you wouldn't just apply the free Beyond hack as it's hardly difficult?

I was on the fence, but as soon as my preferred seller has it back in stock, I'll be getting the Avata and enjoying FCC mode in less than about 30 seconds

So talk us all through how you do that hack
2022-9-5
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 9-5 11:47
I think you have missed the point in CE mode using it as intended low and around stuff you will be lucky to get 130 m

No, I only responded to your topic of "Range." Maybe "penetration" would have been a better choice of descriptors in the OP.
2022-9-5
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

KLRSKIR Posted at 9-5 11:55
No, I only responded to your topic of "Range." Maybe "penetration" would have been a better choice of descriptors in the OP.

What ever the title you have got it wrong. Did you even watch the video
2022-9-5
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

It was only a test...

CE-Mode

CE-Mode
2022-9-5
Use props
Ross14
Second Officer
Czechia

Nice
2022-9-5
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

KLRSKIR Posted at 9-5 11:08

There's no way you are flying 1Km in CE at low altitude, you won't get past 100-200m at 5.8GHz 0.025W before total disconnection if you are flying  this drone how it's intended; at low altitude/interiores/walls/trees/obstacles inbetween.

Usable range of the Avata in Europe is 50 to 100 meters (a joke). And you'll get plenty of shadow areas, disconnections, input lag, low bitrate, etc.

At high altitude unobstructed LOS and pointing the controller towards the drone you could hit 2Km easily, but that's not how this drone is intended to be flown, and even though, a single obstacle like a tree or someone passing before you, will kill the connection as 0.025W give no signal penetration at all.

So in resume, you must hack it to get the 5.8GHz at 2W or just return it to the dealer.
2022-9-5
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

frankymusik Posted at 9-5 13:10
It was only a test...

What's up with your "H?" Are you sitting on a cloud just above?  
2022-9-5
Use props
KLRSKIR
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bigplumbs Posted at 9-5 12:08
What ever the title you have got it wrong. Did you even watch the video

Yep, I don't miss Ian too often. I just reply to what I read.
2022-9-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I think we should all return our Mini 3 also judging by that test .;+)
2022-9-5
Use props
Huginn Kenningar
Second Officer
Flight distance : 49635259 ft
Spain

hallmark007 Posted at 9-5 14:22

Stabilized drones sweet spot is around 30-80m alt, that's why no one has being complaining about range in CE till the Avata release, because 0.1W at 2.4GHz was good enough to fly ok within the VLOS range.

But with a drone that is intended to be flown at mostly eyesight level and with obstacles inbetween those 0.025w come short just out of the box.

Forcing FCC on dual band DJI drones is a thing only some enthusiast did, but for the Avata you won't be able to shoot a thing in CE unless you are sitting on a wheelchair and someone is driving you around while you pilot the drone.

I have all my DJi drones on FCC, but mainly because I'm a long ranger and I do landscape photography, so I need to move long distances to nail the point of view on the 5-10 minutes that the "planets are aligned" (sunset/clouds/nice lighting/nice colours/etc) and although my record in CE is 7Km with the Lite+ at 120m alt, I prefer not to worry about signal that much so I just use FCC and focus on the photography side of things.
2022-9-5
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 9-5 14:22

Mini 3 is used differently
2022-9-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Huginn Kenningar Posted at 9-5 14:38
Stabilized drones sweet spot is around 30-80m alt, that's why no one has being complaining about range in CE till the Avata release, because 0.1W at 2.4GHz was good enough to fly ok within the VLOS range.

But with a drone that is intended to be flown at mostly eyesight level and with obstacles inbetween those 0.025w come short just out of the box.

My use for avata will not be mainly around trees but low at sea scapes etc so Im hoping signal won’t be a huge issue but obviously its looking like it is severely limited. I will strongly consider a hack although I have never really faced signal problems on any of my drones. The wheelchair sounds nice though ;+)
2022-9-5
Use props
stevejusto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2661624 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Red Zeppelin Posted at 9-5 09:40

I was on the fence, but as soon as my preferred seller has it back in stock, I'll be getting the Avata and enjoying FCC mode in less than about 30 seconds

iam new to the Avata and would like some information on the hack you mentioned, can you explain how its done, my Avata and goggles are on the latest firmware will this make a difference. thankyou.
2022-9-5
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

KLRSKIR Posted at 9-5 14:02
What's up with your "H?" Are you sitting on a cloud just above?

Something like that, at least from the Avata's point of view...

But about 40m above ground...
2022-9-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks like the smaller DJI drones have one thing in common.
2022-9-5
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

stevejusto Posted at 9-5 22:43
iam new to the Avata and would like some information on the hack you mentioned, can you explain how its done, my Avata and goggles are on the latest firmware will this make a difference. thankyou.

If you are in the US you will already be in FCC mode so wont need the Hack.
2022-9-5
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Don’t forget he flew with 1 x Aerial Down on the Goggles in most of his review
2022-9-5
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Don’t forget he flew with 1 x Aerial Down on the Goggles in most of his review, also he said it was really fun to fly and he enjoyed the flight
2022-9-5
Use props
Exib
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Also in the M3P forum you said not to moan about something you don’t own???
2022-9-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Exib Posted at 9-5 23:08
Also in the M3P forum you said not to moan about something you don’t own???

2022-9-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Bigplumbs Posted at 9-5 21:24
Mini 3 is used differently

My post was somewhat of a joke. Hopefully like the mini 3 Avata will mature with time ;+)
2022-9-6
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Exib Posted at 9-5 23:07
Don’t forget he flew with 1 x Aerial Down on the Goggles in most of his review

Wrong video....... do keep up
2022-9-6
Use props
Red Zeppelin
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 9-5 11:47
So talk us all through how you do that hack

It's really not hard to find, or to do, but here you are:

https://b3yond.d3vl.com/
2022-9-6
Use props
Red Zeppelin
Second Officer
United Kingdom

stevejusto Posted at 9-5 22:43
iam new to the Avata and would like some information on the hack you mentioned, can you explain how its done, my Avata and goggles are on the latest firmware will this make a difference. thankyou.

You can find it here mate. Literally just drop a file on a memory card and put it in your goggles

2022-9-6
Use props
stevejusto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2661624 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Red Zeppelin Posted at 9-6 01:14
You can find it here mate. Literally just drop a file on a memory card and put it in your goggles

thanks, is the file dropped on the root of the sd card or does it go in a folder ?.
2022-9-6
Use props
Red Zeppelin
Second Officer
United Kingdom

stevejusto Posted at 9-6 01:24
thanks, is the file dropped on the root of the sd card or does it go in a folder ?.

Yes - just drop it in the root. I'm guessing the goggles read the file on boot, which applies the hack, so needs to be in root
2022-9-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Red Zeppelin Posted at 9-6 01:14
You can find it here mate. Literally just drop a file on a memory card and put it in your goggles

Will it continue to work when craft and goggles restart.
2022-9-6
Use props
Red Zeppelin
Second Officer
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 9-6 02:14
Will it continue to work when craft and goggles restart.

From what I understand, most of the Avata FCC hacks work until you connect it to the Fly app, which reverts it back to your region / CE and you need to apply the hack again, but I think the beyond one might be different as it's a script that sits in your goggles all the time, or at least while you have the memory card in. I might be wrong, but I'd imagine this means the hack will be ever present in this case.

I don't have an Avata yet as my preferred seller has been out of stock for a while, but I'll hopefully get to try this myself soon. You can always message the guys at the Beyond site to clarify
2022-9-6
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Red Zeppelin Posted at 9-6 02:33
From what I understand, most of the Avata FCC hacks work until you connect it to the Fly app, which reverts it back to your region / CE and you need to apply the hack again, but I think the beyond one might be different as it's a script that sits in your goggles all the time, or at least while you have the memory card in. I might be wrong, but I'd imagine this means the hack will be ever present in this case.

I don't have an Avata yet as my preferred seller has been out of stock for a while, but I'll hopefully get to try this myself soon. You can always message the guys at the Beyond site to clarify

... it's even less than a "script".
It's an empty file, it's only a "name"...
2022-9-6
Use props
Red Zeppelin
Second Officer
United Kingdom

frankymusik Posted at 9-6 03:09
... it's even less than a "script".
It's an empty file, it's only a "name"...

If it does the required job, I don't think anyone minds what it is.
2022-9-6
Use props
Originalas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1204222 ft
  • >>>
Lithuania

I can comfirm stock DJI range is total garbage in Europe.

2022-9-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Red Zeppelin Posted at 9-6 02:33
From what I understand, most of the Avata FCC hacks work until you connect it to the Fly app, which reverts it back to your region / CE and you need to apply the hack again, but I think the beyond one might be different as it's a script that sits in your goggles all the time, or at least while you have the memory card in. I might be wrong, but I'd imagine this means the hack will be ever present in this case.

Ok thank you. Mine hasn’t arrived yet either ordered from Amazon now delayed until 16th October . My battery combo and remote has arrived so waiting patiently.
2022-9-6
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Originalas Posted at 9-6 06:47
I can comfirm stock DJI range is total garbage in Europe.

Why would you pay for it when apparently all you do if add a line of text on an SD card
2022-9-6
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules