Wind direction and speed
1088 9 2022-9-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
i00
lvl.2
Flight distance : 81598 ft
Australia

It would be great if wind speed and direction could be shown on the display when the drone isn't moving.
Since the drone caters for wind speed and adjusts its four motors accordingly automatically, it should be able to gauge this fairly accurately.
2022-9-5
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-9-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just check the free UAV Forecast app it will be much more accurate.  
2022-9-6
Use props
fateofangel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1397238 ft
Poland

i dont think so, and why ony if the drone does not move?
2022-9-6
Use props
i00
lvl.2
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 9-6 01:57
Just check the free UAV Forecast app it will be much more accurate.

I use forecasts but where I was flying the other day the wind speed on the ground was basically a standstill.. about 30 m up it was a blowing a gale.
2022-9-6
Use props
i00
lvl.2
Australia

fateofangel Posted at 9-6 02:01
i dont think so, and why ony if the drone does not move?

Well it would be easier to work out when stationary.. but while moving should be possible too!
2022-9-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

i00 Posted at 9-6 02:08
I use forecasts but where I was flying the other day the wind speed on the ground was basically a standstill.. about 30 m up it was a blowing a gale.

Thats why I use UAVForecast as you set the height for the wind forecast to display.  
2022-9-6
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 9-6 02:12
Thats why I use UAVForecast as you set the height for the wind forecast to display.

UAV Forecast is just another forecast.
The predicted wind could vary considerably from what your drone is exposed to where and when you are flying.
2022-9-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Labroides Posted at 9-6 04:54
UAV Forecast is just another forecast.
The predicted wind could vary considerably from what your drone is exposed to where and when you are flying.

I think it depends where you are,  this morning is was hour accurate for the change in wind conditions.
2022-9-6
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 9-6 06:33
I think it depends where you are,  this morning is was hour accurate for the change in wind conditions.

It depends on many factors.
It's just a generalised forecast.
Like all forecasts, it cannot be relied on to tell you accurately what the actual wind is where and when you fly.

2022-9-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules