DJI Mini 3 Pro CE+ RC Pro Range Test
2329 17 2022-9-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TheAmes
lvl.1

United Kingdom

With the recent update that allows the RC Pro to work with the Mini 3 Pro, I was wondering if anyone has tried this with the CE model and has done any sort of range tests comparing to the standard controllers? Obviously the M3P has been plagued by range/signal issues with the CE model and I'm looking to purchase the M3P soon but am being put off by the issues. I'm happy to splash the extra cash on the RC Pro if it's showing to improve in these areas
2022-9-7
Use props
TheAmes
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Also I was wondering, if i buy the M3P ONLY with no controller am i ok to buy the rc pro and i'll be able to do all the necessary firmware updates? or would i need the original controller to do the updates first?
2022-9-7
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I have done a range test with RC Pro but mine won't qualify as CE because I have an FCC hack on my RC Pro
2022-9-7
Use props
TheAmes
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 9-7 01:01
I have done a range test with RC Pro but mine won't qualify as CE because I have an FCC hack on my RC Pro

Did you notice any difference with RC Pro to RC standard?
2022-9-7
Use props
TheAmes
lvl.1

United Kingdom

TheAmes Posted at 9-7 01:05

Also can you prvide links/details regarding the hack to the rc pro? not sure if thats allowed here so no problem if not
2022-9-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TheAmes Posted at 9-7 01:06
Also can you prvide links/details regarding the hack to the rc pro? not sure if thats allowed here so no problem if not

https://drone-hacks.com/birdmap
2022-9-7
Use props
Drone Jockey
lvl.3
Germany

This guy ...

https://www.youtube.com/c/SeanAlami

... reported in one of his Mini 3 videos, I think it was his longterm review, that he replaced the RC with the standard controller to avoid further range issues.

Furthermore I vaguely remember that I saw another video from someone else showing that there are no noticeable range differences between RC and RC Pro ... check Youtube.
2022-9-7
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have used the RC N1 and the New DJI RC (screened) versions and both do the same, CE was 5.5km
I do have FCC but I have not tested the range yet because there isn't much point, the standard battery will only allow so far and wasn't too far off it's limit, maybe 10% more and that would be arriving back at about 10%

Its all down to having a good compass calibration with either the DJI RC or the device you use on the N1, as you must use the Flight Attitude Radar so that you can get the best alignment as possible horizontally. Then there is the vertical alignment to contend with, this too must be spot on, with the DJI RC the antennas are internal, at the top of the RC, the top must be facing the Drone at all times once you get out there a ways. Look at it this way. At 1500m distance and at 120m high, the drone is only at about 4 degrees from the horizon, that's how low it is at only 1.5km. Therefore either the DJI RC or the N1 must be virtually horizontal, its not a comfortable viewing position but that's just the way it is., its pointless holding the RC ar a nice 45º or so cause its pointing nowhere near the drone and for the Min 3 Pro it must be spot on.

One other point to note, one you get to the edge of the signal range, you are best off slowing down to about no more than 5km/h, or fly backwards, that way you will gain an extra few hundred meters extra, there's something in the way that the antennas are placed in the drone that makes it lose the signal when it shouldn't.

Thats why there's be "range issues" when really there hasn't been, other than the Canadians being stuck with CE mode for a while.
2022-9-7
Use props
TheAmes
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Bashy Posted at 9-7 04:28
I have used the RC N1 and the New DJI RC (screened) versions and both do the same, CE was 5.5km
I do have FCC but I have not tested the range yet because there isn't much point, the standard battery will only allow so far and wasn't too far off it's limit, maybe 10% more and that would be arriving back at about 10%

Thanks for the post it's very helpful. I was hoping for input from people using the RC PRO controller though and using CE. Helpful anyway though thank you. I don't see anyone in the EU getting 5.5km on CE or anywhere near it which is why i was asking about the RC Pro as it has external antennas. I guess it's early days though as only the most recent FW update added compatibility for the RC Pro so I guess I'll wait and see cheers
2022-9-7
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

TheAmes Posted at 9-7 01:05

Very big difference
2022-9-7
Use props
TheAmes
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Suren Posted at 9-7 11:03
Very big difference

Sod it I'm getting the drone on it's own with the rc Pro and I'll fcc hack it. Balls to this ce junk
2022-9-7
Use props
mullinsj08
lvl.1
Flight distance : 108894 ft
United Kingdom

I managed 4.23KM the other day using the RC Standard.
2022-9-7
Use props
TheAmes
lvl.1

United Kingdom

mullinsj08 Posted at 9-7 11:32

Is that fcc or ce? What country? Cheers
2022-9-7
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TheAmes Posted at 9-7 04:49
Thanks for the post it's very helpful. I was hoping for input from people using the RC PRO controller though and using CE. Helpful anyway though thank you. I don't see anyone in the EU getting 5.5km on CE or anywhere near it which is why i was asking about the RC Pro as it has external antennas. I guess it's early days though as only the most recent FW update added compatibility for the RC Pro so I guess I'll wait and see cheers

Ah poop, my bad, i misread, i.e. totally missed the Pro part in the title and post lol
2022-9-7
Use props
Bashy
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TheAmes Posted at 9-7 11:20
Sod it I'm getting the drone on it's own with the rc Pro and I'll fcc hack it. Balls to this ce junk

Damn, great combo, i wish i could afford the RC Pro...
2022-9-7
Use props
mullinsj08
lvl.1
Flight distance : 108894 ft
United Kingdom

TheAmes Posted at 9-7 11:41
Is that fcc or ce? What country? Cheers

CE and United Kingdom
2022-9-9
Use props
Flystar
lvl.2
Flight distance : 422930 ft
United Kingdom

Post removed
2022-9-24
Use props
sh0wtime_FPV
lvl.3
Flight distance : 209547 ft
United Kingdom

mullinsj08 Posted at 9-7 11:32

Well thats probably enough range for most uses.....
2022-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules