Dji Mini 2 battery overheating during flying
1302 5 2022-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_yi9nSPg0JdaQ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3795427 ft
Pakistan

Hi. I have been flying my dji mini 2 for about 9 months now with more than 800 hours. I have good experience now. I have dji mini 2 fly more combo. Out of 3 battries my two batteries are quickly overheating and reaches temp of about 80 to 85 C° and battery terminals are a bit melted too (pic attached). I know there is something wrong with them but i cant figure it out. My 3rd battery performs normal with Max temp upto 57 to 58 C°. Can anyone tell me what to do.
20220910_075650.jpg
2022-9-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry to read and to know about this issue with your DJI Mini 2's intelligent flight batteries. Since we are having this issue. It would be best to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance with regards to this matter. We will do our best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-9-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, I am sorry for the issue, regarding your case, we may suggest that you send the aircraft and the batteries in for further analysis.
May I know if you are located in Pakistan, if so, you can contact your retailer for assistance. Or you can send an email to our support at support@dji.com for further guidance.
2022-9-9
Use props
djiuser_yi9nSPg0JdaQ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3795427 ft
Pakistan

Dirty Bird Posted at 9-10 03:20
Given the deformation on the battery end, I wonder how the terminals inside the drone are faring?  Dirty or loose electrical contacts generate lots of extra heat.  I have a feeling that's what's happening here.

Hello Sir. You are absolutely right. I have checked all my battery terminals in detail. Those 2 battries which are overheating there terminals are loose hence they cant make proper contact with drone terminals (pic of good and bad battery is attached). And i have checked the drone terminal after flying with both battries, it is very hot when i used the bad battery and normal temp when good battery was used. Hence battery terminals are the culprit. Looks like i need to buy new battries.
Thank you Sir for the advice.
20220912_160316.jpg
20220912_160306.jpg
2022-9-12
Use props
Zoooom
lvl.4

Australia

My battery gets up to 40C or something, but I'm flying in winter 23C. When I get into Australian summer, it will be different - maybe 55C.
2022-9-12
Use props
phuc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 765906 ft
Australia

Mine does 60c just switch back to normal mode it does, avoid using sports mode if temp goes excess
2023-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules