turn off the engines in flight
3488 10 2022-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_sbToXzTk5ONt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 34573 ft
Italy

Hello, my question: if I turn off the engines of the mini 3 pro during the flight, the drone obviously crashes, but if it has not yet reached the ground, is it possible to restart the engines and resume flight?  Of course if I turn them off to a height that I can have time to do so.  Thanks to those who want to answer.  Good flight everyone.  Papaseven
2022-9-9
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Don't even think about it.
2022-9-9
Use props
Drohnenfieber
lvl.2
Flight distance : 310840 ft
Germany

No! Simply because the drone recognizes that it's falling. If so you cannot turn on engines.
2022-9-9
Use props
djiuser_sbToXzTk5ONt
lvl.2
Italy

Drohnenfieber Posted at 9-9 23:22
No! Simply because the drone recognizes that it's falling. If so you cannot turn on engines.

hi, this is a good answer.  thank you.  I deduce that: the drone recognizes a descent speed with the engines off and with a non-horizontal and / or random position, therefore not with upward propellers and probably more.  Or maybe who cares I just fall.  thank you, Papaseven
2022-9-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Papaseven. Good day and thank you for giving out these information. Just a friendly reminder that the DJI Mini 3 Pro's motors can be stopped mid-flight anytime once the pilot performs a combination stick command ( CSC ). Stopping the motor in mid-flight will cause the aircraft to crash. In addition, please do not stop the motors mid-flight unless you encounter an emergency situation, for example, if a collision has occurred, or if the drone is out of control and ascending or descending quickly, or the drone is rolling in the air. Thank you.
2022-9-10
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_sbToXzTk5ONt Posted at 9-9 23:47
hi, this is a good answer.  thank you.  I deduce that: the drone recognizes a descent speed with the engines off and with a non-horizontal and / or random position, therefore not with upward propellers and probably more.  Or maybe who cares I just fall.  thank you, Papaseven

hi, this is a good answer.
Except that it's wrong.
There have been plenty of examples of idiots who have done this.
Many don't have enough height to save the drone, some do and it works.
You are welcome to try for yourself if you choose.
2022-9-10
Use props
djiuser_sbToXzTk5ONt
lvl.2
Italy

Hi, thanks everyone for the replies.  I am aware that stopping the motors must only be done in emergency conditions.  I don't know what degree of idiocy I can get, but I'm glad I aroused curiosity with my question.  Perhaps those who perform an extreme range test or altitude test face similar dangers of losing their drone or creating even more serious dangers.  Someone did and I hope they still have their drone.  In conclusion I will not.  Thank you all.  Papasette
2022-9-10
Use props
Bashy
Captain
Flight distance : 2354357 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes, well, certainly on the Mavic Pro, someone took it to extreme heights and shut it down to save power on the decent, the video is on YT, but from the legal 120m (in most places) i doubt it would start in time (i got that part wrong see second video) and that's if they still can start during freefall now?

2022-9-10
Use props
SPLflyer
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144829 ft
Germany

This experiment is currently being carried out by the government in Germany. All the motors of a reasonably functioning society are being switched off in the middle of operations. Free expression of opinion, free media, basic democratic rights, responsible health policy, educational competence and most importantly: a secure energy supply! In the meantime, the country has gone into free fall and none of the idiot politicians is even making an effort to pull the emergency brake or start the engines again. So it's only a matter of time before something crashes heavy to the ground in the middle of Europe - a damage that not even DJI will ever be able to repair.
2022-9-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Some (dumb maybe) youtubers have tried this with DJI drones. Not sure if Mi3 works the same, but apparently it does work.
2022-9-10
Use props
FloridaNext
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62320 ft
Germany

Turning of the motors midflight is exactly the purpose of a drone, all the other features like taking movies and so on are just side effects, so yes just do it. If it works or not you can ask the captain of the airplane next time in which you take a trip if he is willing to do the same. Let's keep us updated.
2022-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules