GPS module not found, error 30098
4257 15 2022-9-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans84da9043
lvl.1
France

HelloI have the message "GPS module not found" after a firmware and flysafe updates on a new Mini 3 Pro.
No surprise: It won't take of ...
Many error codes: 30105-30037-180059-30269 shown ...

Updates via iphone/wifi
Someone else ?

thanks

2022-9-10
Use props
fans84da9043
lvl.1
France

2022-9-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know before having this issue did your DJI Mini 3 Pro had a hard landing or a crash before and kindly please refresh the firmware and update the DJI Fly application to the latest one to see if the error still exists. If the issue persists, it would be best to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance with regards to this matter. We will do our best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2022-9-10
Use props
fans84da9043
lvl.1
France

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-10 19:10
Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we please know before having this issue did your DJI Mini 3 Pro had a hard landing or a crash before and kindly please refresh the firmware and update the DJI Fly application to the latest one to see if the error still exists. If the issue persists, it would be best to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance with regards to this matter. We will do our best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.

Hello, thanks for your reply. The mini 3 was new. It just came out of the box, I and never flew before. I had to do firmware and fly safe db update before.
There is also a problem that during update you may have a message saying the drone is not moving and being too hot and has to be stopped’
I tried many updates, reinstalled dji fly,
Best reards. D.
2022-9-10
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans84da9043 Posted at 9-10 22:03
Hello, thanks for your reply. The mini 3 was new. It just came out of the box, I and never flew before. I had to do firmware and fly safe db update before.
There is also a problem that during update you may have a message saying the drone is not moving and being too hot and has to be stopped’
I tried many updates, reinstalled dji fly,

The Mini 3 does not have an internal fan to cool the electronics while it is not in flight.  For this reason during firmware updates the Mini 3 may overheat and shut down.  I use a small desk fan directed at the Mini 3 during firmware updates and it hasn't overheated again.  If it overheats and shuts down during firmware update that can cause many issues.  
2022-9-11
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

Now you know what having a Mavic 3 is like!  : )
2022-9-11
Use props
fans84da9043
lvl.1
France

DowntownRDB Posted at 9-11 03:58
The Mini 3 does not have an internal fan to cool the electronics while it is not in flight.  For this reason during firmware updates the Mini 3 may overheat and shut down.  I use a small desk fan directed at the Mini 3 during firmware updates and it hasn't overheated again.  If it overheats and shuts down during firmware update that can cause many issues.

Yes, good idea the fan ...
What I did is I kept it with room under for air circulation, I did one update at a time, starting with a cool drone and a cool battery ...
I was considering that the heat stop could have put the mess, but I could re-update the firmware successfully after (ouf ...)
2022-9-11
Use props
fans84da9043
lvl.1
France

TonyPHX Posted at 9-11 07:24
Now you know what having a Mavic 3 is like!  : )

I work mostly with a Phantom 4 pro that works well, with a Mavic pro as a spare.
I understand your not completely happy with the Mavic3 (?), I'll check that if needed, thanks.
2022-9-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans84da9043 Posted at 9-11 07:33
Yes, good idea the fan ...
What I did is I kept it with room under for air circulation, I did one update at a time, starting with a cool drone and a cool battery ...
I was considering that the heat stop could have put the mess, but I could re-update the firmware successfully after (ouf ...)

2022-9-12
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans84da9043 Posted at 9-11 07:35
I work mostly with a Phantom 4 pro that works well, with a Mavic pro as a spare.
I understand your not completely happy with the Mavic3 (?), I'll check that if needed, thanks.

Well, the M3 has gotten better and the GPS issues are gone.   Overall, it's not a bad bird now.
2022-9-12
Use props
irst
New
Georgia

I have precisely the same issue.
It's completely new, and I just received it three days ago.
Followed all essential user guides, updated firmware first, and took my first flawless flight to about 10 minutes in the air.
On the second day, when I tried to fly it again, the drone gave me these errors, and unable to fly:
GPS module not detected, Code: 30098
Sensor error: Code: 30037

I called technical support, and they told me they could not resolve this issue remotely and that it needed physical examination and repair to work.

2022-9-15
Use props
fans84da9043
lvl.1
France

irst Posted at 9-15 00:11
I have precisely the same issue.
It's completely new, and I just received it three days ago.
Followed all essential user guides, updated firmware first, and took my first flawless flight to about 10 minutes in the air.

Hello thank you very much for your feedback. I think DJI has an issue here ! ...

Since i bought it from Amazon i could return it easily, it is gone, but now i am wondering what i will do: will i order an other or not ... And in this case what to do with the fly more combo kit i bought as well ...
2022-9-15
Use props
irst
New
Georgia

fans84da9043 Posted at 9-15 00:19
Hello thank you very much for your feedback. I think DJI has an issue here ! ...

Since i bought it from Amazon i could return it easily, it is gone, but now i am wondering what i will do: will i order an other or not ... And in this case what to do with the fly more combo kit i bought as well ...

I'm also pretty sure it's a firmware issue.
There are a lot of advertisements on the Internet, but almost no one mentions this kind of issues on firmware.
It also has issues from a hardware standpoint. Particularly it becomes so host on the ground and empties batter in a steady state within 20-30 minutes.
I now wonder how they send the product with this kind of flow, and it's not under 300$ drone either.
I have been very disappointed with my experience.
2022-9-15
Use props
fans84da9043
lvl.1
France

irst Posted at 9-15 00:41
I'm also pretty sure it's a firmware issue.
There are a lot of advertisements on the Internet, but almost no one mentions this kind of issues on firmware.
It also has issues from a hardware standpoint. Particularly it becomes so host on the ground and empties batter in a steady state within 20-30 minutes.

Hi all
I had finally a reply from 2 administrators via an other topic message (error code 30064)

They said 30098 issue cannot be solved remotely and that we have to send the drone back ...

I thought it would be faster to send it back to Amazon, but i have to wait for 14 days after it is sent to get my money back ... Even if i buy an other ;-) ...
2022-9-16
Use props
djiuser_uLevOrN4jX5r
lvl.1
Flight distance : 166900 ft
Namibia

Does someone found a solution without return the drone back? I have the same issue and it’s come out of nowhere
2022-11-29
Use props
fans84da9043
lvl.1
France

Hi
No news for me ... I got my money back from Amazon. But i didn't order a new one before having news from DJI saying it is solved ...
2022-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules