3042 9 2022-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RichfromHowellNJ
Second Officer
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Using the Motion Controller on the DJI Avata, I notice that the tilt on the gimbal works but when I come back to land it does not respond which forces me to take off my Goggles to maks sure I'm landing where I want to land.  Has anyone had that experience.  I'm running the latest firmware on the Motion Controller, Avata, Goggles 2 and Avata Battery.  Any insight would be most appreciated.  Thank you.
2022-9-11
Use props
RichfromHowellNJ
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

BTW, this thing is SO much fun to fly!
2022-9-11
Use props
Team Geezer
lvl.2
United States

My gimbal control switch works well on the ground, both before and after I arm the motors. But once the aircraft takes off the gimbal switch is inoperative and the motion controller controls the gimbal tilt. I can hover near my intended landing spot and fly the drone downward and it will stop 0.8' above the ground. I can then land it using the lock button.
2022-9-11
Use props
RichfromHowellNJ
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Team Geezer Posted at 9-11 08:53
My gimbal control switch works well on the ground, both before and after I arm the motors. But once the aircraft takes off the gimbal switch is inoperative and the motion controller controls the gimbal tilt. I can hover near my intended landing spot and fly the drone downward and it will stop 0.8' above the ground. I can then land it using the lock button.

@Team Geezer .... thank you for the insight.  I'm going to give that a try.  Seems like the tilt button should work all the time so I'm not quite sure why they even have it.  Thanks for the tip!
2022-9-11
Use props
Team Geezer
lvl.2
United States

Yep! I agree. The gimbal tilt should work all of the time. It does on my 2S and my antique DJI 450.
2022-9-11
Use props
RichfromHowellNJ
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Team Geezer Posted at 9-11 10:14
Yep! I agree. The gimbal tilt should work all of the time. It does on my 2S and my antique DJI 450.

Well maybe in the next firmware update
2022-9-11
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RichfromHowellNJ Posted at 9-11 09:55
@Team Geezer .... thank you for the insight.  I'm going to give that a try.  Seems like the tilt button should work all the time so I'm not quite sure why they even have it.  Thanks for the tip!

Tilt function is disabled once the drone takes off, same as the FPV.
2022-9-11
Use props
Team Geezer
lvl.2
United States

Is it also disabled when using the remote controller? It makes it hard to shoot video from a downward perspective while in level flight. It would be nice to be able to enable/disable it.
As it is, the gimbal switch on the motion controller is useless. Who needs it if the drone isn't in flight?
2022-9-11
Use props
djiuser_kyCggVWPXvfM
New

United States

Team Geezer Posted at 9-11 11:57
Is it also disabled when using the remote controller? It makes it hard to shoot video from a downward perspective while in level flight. It would be nice to be able to enable/disable it.
As it is, the gimbal switch on the motion controller is useless. Who needs it if the drone isn't in flight?

Use the head tracking for this Geezer..  You can fly with motion straight and look down for a better shot
2022-9-11
Use props
Team Geezer
lvl.2
United States

djiuser_kyCggVWPXvfM Posted at 9-11 14:55
Use the head tracking for this Geezer..  You can fly with motion straight and look down for a better shot

Thanks. I guess that's a work around. I'll practice holding my head a just the right angle for the duration of the shot.
2022-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules