P4P pilot looking at M3.
853 15 2022-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Delta Nine
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi, i am after some advice, after time away from the sky, i'm looking to come back, i have sold my P4P, and thinking about the M3.
It it possible to buy the drone only ? I dont want the DJI RC-N1 just the DJI RC Pro. Is it possible or do i have to waste more money ?

Also will the DJI RC Pro have the stated 15 km Video Transmission range, i am in the UK.

Thanks.
2022-9-11
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Delta Nine. Good day and thank you for reaching out. You may try checking the DJI Mavic 3 Cine Premium Combo ( https://store.dji.com/uk/product/dji-mavic-3?vid=110034 ) found on our DJI Online Store. The DJI Mavic 3 Cine Premium Combo includes one DJI Mavic 3 Cine Drone that supports Apple ProRes 422 HQ, Apple ProREs 422, and Apple ProRes 422 LT video recording and has a built-in 1TB SSD. Alone with the DJI RC Pro, this combo facilitates professional creation in every way. Thank you.

2022-9-11
Use props
Delta Nine
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 9-11 19:15
Hello there Delta Nine. Good day and thank you for reaching out. You may try checking the DJI Mavic 3 Cine Premium Combo ( https://store.dji.com/uk/product/dji-mavic-3?vid=110034 ) found on our DJI Online Store. The DJI Mavic 3 Cine Premium Combo includes one DJI Mavic 3 Cine Drone that supports Apple ProRes 422 HQ, Apple ProREs 422, and Apple ProRes 422 LT video recording and has a built-in 1TB SSD. Alone with the DJI RC Pro, this combo facilitates professional creation in every way. Thank you.

[view_image]

Did you read my post ? I want to save money, not spend double.

What happens if you lose your M3 ?
Do you have to buy another controller just to get the drone ?
No regards for the customer this company.
2022-9-11
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Delta Nine Posted at 9-11 23:17
Did you read my post ? I want to save money, not spend double.

What happens if you lose your M3 ?

https://store.dji.com/uk/product ... site&vid=109821

... was relatively easy to find at DJI.com...
2022-9-11
Use props
Delta Nine
lvl.4
United Kingdom

frankymusik Posted at 9-11 23:48
https://store.dji.com/uk/product/dji-mavic-3?site=brandsite&vid=109821

... was relatively easy to find at DJI.com...

Another poster that cannot read the OP properly.
2022-9-11
Use props
Delta Nine
lvl.4
United Kingdom

possible to buy the drone only ?
2022-9-11
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Delta Nine Posted at 9-11 23:49
Another poster that cannot read the OP properly.

... now that's unfair!

The DJI moderator "offered" you the DJI M3 Cine Version and I showed you the cheapest way to buy the drone...
If you sign a DJI Care Refresh contract and then "lose" the drone, you can buy the drone alone (with the battery!) very cheaply...
You can sell the inexpensive controller (approx. 100 EUR) at any time...   
2022-9-12
Use props
Delta Nine
lvl.4
United Kingdom

frankymusik Posted at 9-12 00:14
... now that's unfair!

The DJI moderator "offered" you the DJI M3 Cine Version and I showed you the cheapest way to buy the drone...

Just say no then , i don't want other alternative deals or warranty packages that cost EXTRA money.  I just want the DRONE ONLY.

Thanks anyway.
2022-9-12
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Delta Nine Posted at 9-12 00:24
Just say no then , i don't want other alternative deals or warranty packages that cost EXTRA money.  I just want the DRONE ONLY.

Thanks anyway.

No.
2022-9-12
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Hey Delta Nine,

You can probably buy Mavic 3 standalone , just the drone from sites like Ebay or Amazon in used or even new condition, but you would most likely run into an issue of activating the drone as previous owners forget to unbind / unlink their drone in case it is used or open box like new. Maybe the best bet if you were to go this route is to contact the seller first, i.e. on Ebay to ensure you can communicate with the seller and have him unbind / unlink the drone from their account. Hope this helps.

Thanks, Mike.P.S. Transmission range is great for RC Pro, but I am in US on FCC and don't really know CE range sorry.
2022-9-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

No its not possible to buy the drone on its own, and no it won’t fly or transmit 15km CE. But any idiot could have found this out much quicker than posting on here looking for others to search
2022-9-12
Use props
Mzp
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Btw I think there is a mod for CE to work in FCC as purely based on hearing from others, not suggesting it as it's not official, just figured to mention it
2022-9-12
Use props
BrianKushner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 41420253 ft
  • >>>
United States

I still believe my P4P had the best image quality of any drone I've owned counting M3 but that's just me.
2022-9-12
Use props
Delta Nine
lvl.4
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 9-12 05:54
No its not possible to buy the drone on its own, and no it won’t fly or transmit 15km CE. But any idiot could have found this out much quicker than posting on here looking for others to search

Some of us have a very busy life to lead and little to time search through a weirdly laid out forum. Thanks for your charming words.
2022-9-13
Use props
Axelz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3427999 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You can't buy the mavic 3 drone on it's own, but guess you could sell on the controller or just keep as a spare. The RC Pro can at least also be used on the mini 3 pro as well now (which you can buy on its own) as well as the Air 2S, so can make a bit of a saving there if you were intending to buy say the mini 3 pro on its own in the future.  The RC pro is great, brilliant screen and less faffing, slightly better sticks, lots of programmable buttons, two wheels which let you zoom the camera for example, BUT very expensive and not backwards compatible with many older drones sadly, but what all models of the mavic 3 should have come with really IMHO.  

Not found CE mode to be an issue to date (in the UK), I think the RC has better effective transmission anyway as you can move the antennae unlike on the stock one.  There are quite a few videos comparing range but that's not really representative of real use, say in an area with lots of wifi/inteference which can happen.  

I've also a P4P and one thing I do miss is being able to use 3rd party apps such as Litchi for waypoint missions, and others for mapping, DJI were due to release the SDK at the end of this August but have deferred as focussing on their Enterprise line, which is very frustrating. Battery life a lot better than the P4P, expect another 10+ minutes per battery.  It does handle quite differently though - quite sensitive and jumpy with stock settings, something DJI have promised to fix with future updates to allow further adjustments like on the older drones with DJI GO 4 etc, and Phil Bloom and others have been pushing for I think. Hopefully this will be rolled out soon to make it more complete.
2022-9-14
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
  • >>>
Germany

Axelz Posted at 9-14 10:27
You can't buy the mavic 3 drone on it's own, but guess you could sell on the controller or just keep as a spare. The RC Pro can at least also be used on the mini 3 pro as well now (which you can buy on its own) as well as the Air 2S, so can make a bit of a saving there if you were intending to buy say the mini 3 pro on its own in the future.  The RC pro is great, brilliant screen and less faffing, slightly better sticks, lots of programmable buttons, two wheels which let you zoom the camera for example, BUT very expensive and not backwards compatible with many older drones sadly, but what all models of the mavic 3 should have come with really IMHO.  

Not found CE mode to be an issue to date (in the UK), I think the RC has better effective transmission anyway as you can move the antennae unlike on the stock one.  There are quite a few videos comparing range but that's not really representative of real use, say in an area with lots of wifi/inteference which can happen.  

His request was (see above):

Just say "No"!     
2022-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules