Feature request for Osmo Pocket
661 10 2022-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PocketShooter
lvl.2

Bulgaria

Introduce a fixed focus, like on a GoPro. A focus that is set to infinity.

All that focus hunting and breathing that Osmo Pocket does destroys people's videos and renders them useless.
I don't really understand why there is a need for an auto focus on something like the Osmo Pocket which is basically an action camera.
It's not like we can do dramatic and cinematic focus pulls with it, is it?

2022-9-11
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Sounds like you got the wrong device for your purposes ...
2022-9-11
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-9-11
Use props
PocketShooter
lvl.2

Bulgaria

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-11 18:48
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will take this as a suggestion of yours and will forward it to our designated team for attention. After the evaluation of the engineers, significant suggestions or requests will be implemented via the firmware update, app update, etc. For any updates, please stay tuned to the latest news on our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thank you. Looking forward to getting this new feature on my Osmo Pocket. Would be awesome if you implement it.
2022-9-11
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

PocketShooter Posted at 9-11 19:08
Thank you. Looking forward to getting this new feature on my Osmo Pocket. Would be awesome if you implement it.

Look for it in the Pocket 3 !
2022-9-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Not sure if the original pocket has this, but on P2 you can set the focus to 'one time'.
So you set it once and can forget it.
2022-9-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

And I do agree, the Focus system on Pocket 2 is a bit limited and AF is not working as smooth as you want with lots of hunting.
But then again, I don't see them implementing any easy way of adjusting the focus with the tiny device (which is why I like the Pocket 2 in the first place) and its limited controls.
2022-9-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Curt1591 Posted at 9-11 16:28
Sounds like you got the wrong device for your purposes ...

You could have pointed him to the 'one time focus' that is close to what he was asking
The AF on the Pocket 2 is 'hunting' a lot and I have to stick to the 'one time focus' mode instead.
I do wish they implement a better AF mode (with less hunting) one day.
2022-9-11
Use props
PocketShooter
lvl.2

Bulgaria

Hi guys, the Osmo Pocket - 1 does not have a one-time focus.  Would be great to get this feature for that model.
2022-9-11
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

If you're a betting man, I'll put up all my gear it's not going to happen on the original Pocket.
DJI just makes new hardware - there's no money in firmware updates.
2022-9-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

PocketShooter Posted at 9-11 19:08
Thank you. Looking forward to getting this new feature on my Osmo Pocket. Would be awesome if you implement it.

You are most welcome. Thank you for your kind and understanding.
2022-9-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules