Controller firmware up-grade 1.3.2, still says up-date needed
1034 7 2015-8-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alan.mineralspr
lvl.1
United States

Up dated controller to 1.3.20.  Still says needs up date, says current version is 1.3.20, but needs version 1.3.20?  
Hum, open to suggestions.  I completed the up-date via my device and a net connection.

2015-8-8
Use props
michael.hrischu
New

United States

Same here.
Actually it's the AIRCRAFT firmware, not the controller.

Here is the txt file I got after updating to 1.3.20...

Result: Success.

========== 2015.08.02 21:32:13 =====================
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.02.0006.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.

========== 2014.01.01 00:00:12 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.03.0020.bin
Upgrading ...
Result: Success.

My APP still says I need to upgrade and it stills shows me at 1.1.9. The first entry was when I tried loading a  lower uodate that was available. Notice the date 8-2-2015

Today I loaded 1.3.20 .... notice the date... 1-1-2014

This is messed up.

2015-8-8
Use props
ag0n
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

I'm not upgrading mine until all this settles out.  Too many different stories with varied success this week.  Told my dealer yesterday to hold off on upgrades.  He doesn't follow the forum closely.
2015-8-8
Use props
sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

michael.hrischu Posted at 2015-8-8 23:12
Same here.
Actually it's the AIRCRAFT firmware, not the controller.

What order are you powering up the devices?

Try:
Controller (TX)
Open App
Power On Phantom

Also post the TXT log file located in the hidden folder on the SD card ( MISC/LOG ). This has more information regarding the upgrade of different components in the Phantom. Dont worry about the date of the log, its normal.
2015-8-8
Use props
alan.mineralspr
lvl.1
United States

Yes that is the order I have always booted everything up.  There is no log (txt) file after the upgrade on the controller.  because it is done via the app.  Its not like loading software in the drone its self.  
2015-8-8
Use props
kiwichrish
lvl.3

New Zealand

Until you're at 1.3.20 or later you need to update the TX via the old SD-card in a reader via the USB on the TX.

The 1.1.9 firmware doesn't appear to support the via-the-tablet upgrade although the app goes through the motions...  I've seen a couple of posts on here that suggest the text in the PDF file wasn't that clear.  (Did mine via a card reader and it's all fine..)
2015-8-8
Use props
michael.hrischu
New

United States

My phone says no update available for TX. What file would I use? The All-in One" file?
2015-8-9
Use props
stvnvicbc
lvl.2

Canada

michael.hrischu Posted at 2015-8-9 22:44
My phone says no update available for TX. What file would I use? The All-in One" file?

The same file is used to update both the aircraft AND the controller.

I updated the phantom first, succesful, removed the sd card from the gimble, inserted into a usb card reader and inserted that into the usb slot on my RC and turned it on.  Took about 60 - 90 seconds for the blue light to turn green.

Update complete.

Is it possible someone in this thread is confusing FIRMWARE with the App?
2015-8-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules