ND filters
1076 6 2022-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mgozer
Second Officer
Italy

I've recently bought a set of pgytech hd nd filters, pro series, including nd8, 16, 32 and 64.
I can say the only acceptable results come from nd16 and nd32.
What do you think?

PGYTECH NDs half.jpg

Do you know of any ND filter REALLY not giving color shift?
2022-9-12
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

I have used various ND-filters on my DSLR cameras, and my experience is that professional grade filters like Singh--Ray, B+W and LEE gives very little colour shift. But the denser the filter, the more likely you will see colour shift. I have a high quality and very expensive ND1000, and I can see a slight cool/blueish colour cast.
Inexpensive filters for drones can not be considered professional grade, that is why you see colour cast. But except for the ND8, this is actually not that bad for cheap ND-filters. And it is relatively easy to correct the colour cast in post.
2022-9-12
Use props
Mgozer
Second Officer
Italy

Thanks for the reply.
I am disappointed by these filters because I never had such color shift with the original DJI filters with my old Mavic Pro.
I am struggling to find decent filters for the Mavic 2 Zoom instead.
2022-9-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

My experience is based on multiple brands and very mixed.
I had polarpros. Those are the best I had. (both Mavic Pro as Pocket 2)
PGYTech was the worst I had. (Pocket 2 variable ND)
Freewell is 'ok' (Pocket 2 ND1000) with a milder warm cast.

I only use them for video btw, except for ND1000 which I only use for hyperlapse with motionblur.
2022-9-12
Use props
Mgozer
Second Officer
Italy

Did anyone have similar issue with the original DJI filters?
2022-9-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Mgozer. Thank you for reaching out and for giving out these information and for posting these photos as well. In addition, I hope that our fellow DJI Co Pilots who used these ND Filters can give out the best information and recommendation with regards to this matter. Thank you.
2022-9-13
Use props
Mgozer
Second Officer
Italy

Here follows the same test, but using the Polar Pro Cinema Series Shutter Collection
A waaaay better, in my opinion.
2022-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules