12Next >
12842 44 2022-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chrislayeruk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96811 ft
United Kingdom

Having had my first proper flight (That was fun) I progress to the joys of Quick Transfer and find that whereas the aircraft is recognised it cannot join the network, telling me it is already connected to another device. (I am using an iPad Pro)
It is not, the RC is switched off and there are no other devices with the DJI Fly app.
It's on the same Wi Fi network and Bluetooth paired with the aircraft, what else can I do please?
I have logged into the app on my iPad. I have restarted the aircraft, as instructed, many times... I look forward to any help out there.
2022-9-12
Use props
Chrislayeruk
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I have finally got this to work after reading through other people on the forum offering ideas. I reloaded the App first, it seems DJI don’t do updates in the Apple store like every other app provided I know of. This really should be so much simpler than it is now, early days I suppose with this aircraft. Check your Wi-Fi's connected to the aircraft and Not Your network...

Screenshot from panorama

Screenshot from panorama
2022-9-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi, Chris. Thank you for reaching out. We're glad that you have already managed to isolate the issue that you experienced. Also, we appreciate you for sharing the troubleshooting steps that you have done to fix the issue. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-9-12
Use props
Chrislayeruk
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-12 21:05
Hi, Chris. Thank you for reaching out. We're glad that you have already managed to isolate the issue that you experienced. Also, we appreciate you for sharing the troubleshooting steps that you have done to fix the issue. Should you have other inquiries, please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you for your valued support.

I’m sorry, this quick transfer app is just not very good at all. I had success once, today I go to use it and after an hour going round in circles, restarting the aircraft, trying to log into the Wi-Fi on my IPad Pro. Then logging into Bluetooth to no avail. The app , in the help section, advises restart the aircraft, and so like a game of snakes and ladders, you slide to the beginning again… Surely this is not the experience that DJI had in mind for users?
Has anyone got this app working reliably? I’d like to shake their hand… I did finally get it working, but it's not fun...
2022-9-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Chrislayeruk Posted at 9-14 09:02
I’m sorry, this quick transfer app is just not very good at all. I had success once, today I go to use it and after an hour going round in circles, restarting the aircraft, trying to log into the Wi-Fi on my IPad Pro. Then logging into Bluetooth to no avail. The app , in the help section, advises restart the aircraft, and so like a game of snakes and ladders, you slide to the beginning again… Surely this is not the experience that DJI had in mind for users?
Has anyone got this app working reliably? I’d like to shake their hand… I did finally get it working, but it's not fun...

Thank you for your response and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to initiate the troubleshooting steps below to see if this rectifies the issue?

1. Ensure that the Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Positioning function are turned on in the mobile phone settings.
Note: In some Android mobile devices, the app Wi-Fi permission can be set separately. Check the Wi-Fi permission setting for the DJI Fly app and ensure that the Wi-Fi permission is allowed.

2. Try to use the Fixed 2.4 GHz function in the QuickTransfer Band. Go to the DJI Fly homepage - Settings - QuickTransfer Band - Fixed 2.4 GHz.

Note: If the connection failure can be resolved by using this method, it can be determined that the mobile phone’s 5G band does not cover 5.8 GHz.

3. Restart the mobile phone and aircraft.

4. Try to rename the aircraft and restart it.

In addition, if another mobile phone was connected to the aircraft using the QuickTransfer function, and the mobile phone is nearby, a possible reason for this message is that the aircraft’s Wi-Fi is occupied by the previously connected mobile phone. We recommend turning off the Wi-Fi on the previously connected mobile phone or deleting/ignoring the aircraft’s Wi-Fi. If the mobile phone cannot be found, please change the aircraft name in DJI Fly and reconnect to it.

Please keep us posted so we can help you further. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-9-19
Use props
Chrislayeruk
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-19 01:14
Thank you for your response and we're sorry for the trouble. Can you please try to initiate the troubleshooting steps below to see if this rectifies the issue?

1. Ensure that the Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Positioning function are turned on in the mobile phone settings.

I have given up on the quick transfer for now, there are no other device with DJI Fly in the vicinity. My DJI remote is off and I have only been able to load the app on my iPad… This needs more work for sure… Thanks for trying
2022-9-19
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

Chrislayeruk Posted at 9-19 04:52
I have given up on the quick transfer for now, there are no other device with DJI Fly in the vicinity. My DJI remote is off and I have only been able to load the app on my iPad… This needs more work for sure… Thanks for trying

Thank you for your response. Please let us know if you already tried the troubleshooting steps above. We will coordinate this to our designated team as well for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-9-21
Use props
fans556dc10b
New

Colombia

DJI Paladin Posted at 2022-9-21 02:47
Thank you for your response. Please let us know if you already tried the troubleshooting steps above. We will coordinate this to our designated team as well for attention. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Same problem here. Quick transfer stopped working. Already did troubleshooting as instructed. Same response not able to connect, restart al over again without success
2023-1-6
Use props
fans556dc10b
New

Colombia

DJI Paladin Posted at 2022-9-19 01:14

1. Ensure that the Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Positioning function are turned on in the mobile phone settings.

Still not working
2023-1-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

fans556dc10b Posted at 1-6 16:56
Same problem here. Quick transfer stopped working. Already did troubleshooting as instructed. Same response not able to connect, restart al over again without success

HI there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble that this has caused. Can you please confirm what specific drone are you using? Also, are you using a remote controller with a built-in screen or just a standard remote controller? If you are using a standard RC, what mobile device are you using? Please keep us posted for us to help you further. Thank you.
2023-1-8
Use props
moontan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 504541 ft
India

I have the same problem. Quick Transfer says that the aircraft is connected to another device and refuses to connect. I have the M2P with DJI RC. I've tried all the troubleshooting steps outlined above to no avail. There is something very wrong here.
2023-1-10
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

With my iPhone 8 and Mini 3 pro quick transfer works very well.

Just switch on the iPhone, open the DJI fly app, switch on the drone only and the quick transfer message appears on the iPhone. Then take it from there.

Don’t go int the iPhone settings to WiFi etc this seems to mess things up
2023-1-10
Use props
Chrislayeruk
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Bigplumbs Posted at 1-10 22:15
With my iPhone 8 and Mini 3 pro quick transfer works very well.

Just switch on the iPhone, open the DJI fly app, switch on the drone only and the quick transfer message appears on the iPhone. Then take it from there.

My iPad Pro has started to work again. I have been able to transfer without going to settings… I don’t trust it yet though…
2023-1-10
Use props
Bigplumbs
First Officer
Flight distance : 620164 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Chrislayeruk Posted at 1-10 23:29
My iPad Pro has started to work again. I have been able to transfer without going to settings… I don’t trust it yet though…

Should not need to go to settings it does the connection itself. Just follow the procedure I outlined above
2023-1-11
Use props
billy jean
New

Greece

The same problem here. changed phone from iphone 13 to iphone 13 pro, and mini 3 pro in quick tranfer says that is connected to another phone.
The other phone, has been reset and sold. wtf.. please some help. add to its firmware hard reset to forget all settings..

2023-1-26
Use props
jrazor
lvl.1
Flight distance : 180574 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Same problem here! I've tried for hours, using a Samsung Galaxy S8, Xiaomi Mi11 Ultra and a hauwei m5 tablet. All fail to connect to the drone.

I see the Bluetooth connection from the drone when I search for it, but cannot connect.

DJI please fix this problem with a drone update ASAP.
2023-1-31
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

billy jean Posted at 1-26 02:58
The same problem here. changed phone from iphone 13 to iphone 13 pro, and mini 3 pro in quick tranfer says that is connected to another phone.
The other phone, has been reset and sold. wtf.. please some help. add to its firmware hard reset to forget all settings..

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out, and we're sorry you're experiencing such errors. Here are some recommended troubleshooting steps you may perform:
1. If another mobile phone was connected to the aircraft using the QuickTransfer function, and the mobile phone is nearby, a possible reason for this message is that the aircraft’s Wi-Fi is occupied by the previously connected mobile phone. We recommend turning off the Wi-Fi on the previously connected mobile phone or deleting/ignoring the aircraft’s Wi-Fi.
2. Change the WiFi name of the aircraft. Go to Camera View - Settings (in the top-right corner) - About. Change “Aircraft WiFi Name.“ Then, initiate the connection again.
3. Restart the mobile phone and rerun the DJI Fly app.
We will be waiting for your update. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding. Have a nice day.
2023-2-1
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

jrazor Posted at 1-31 03:33
Same problem here! I've tried for hours, using a Samsung Galaxy S8, Xiaomi Mi11 Ultra and a hauwei m5 tablet. All fail to connect to the drone.

I see the Bluetooth connection from the drone when I search for it, but cannot connect.

Hi, jrazor. We're sorry you're experiencing the same concern. May we ask if you have performed the troubleshooting steps posted by DJI Paladin in post #6? If not yet, kindly do so. To rename the aircraft, please follow the instructions posted in response #21. Kindly keep us updated. Thank you, and have a nice day.
2023-2-1
Use props
djiuser_LAGt14gWAbMj
lvl.1
Flight distance : 483284 ft
Canada

jrazor Posted at 1-31 03:33

Hello,
I also have an Android device, and an easy way out.
I connected to the wifi from the drone with my telephone AND disconnected from the data coming from the antenna of my phone provider.
With ONLY the wifi connection , everything becomes pretty easy. If you leave the data through your phone provider, it does not work !
Hope it works !
Yves
2023-3-16
Use props
RedRockDrones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21362 ft
United States

Quick transfer is junk...I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who has this issue with DJI's nonsense.   I've tried everything under the sun and all DJI can do is say "We'll escalate it to our tech engineers" - for 5th freaking time.  I've spend hour and hours with this crap.  

The usual stupid responses from DJI:

"Got it"
"We're sorry you're experiencing the same concern"
"This isn't an experience DJI wants you to have"

Programmed lemmings working there.  I mean...seriously what a joke...who tells you to change the wifi name of your device to make it work?  What a joke.
2023-5-1
Use props
RedRockDrones
lvl.2
Flight distance : 21362 ft
United States

djiuser_LAGt14gWAbMj Posted at 3-16 10:16
Hello,
I also have an Android device, and an easy way out.
I connected to the wifi from the drone with my telephone AND disconnected from the data coming from the antenna of my phone provider.

You connected to the wif-fi of the drone...that is the issue people here are having...they can't connect to it.  And there is no way to connect directly because it's not a password set up connection.  It's one that the drone is supposed to automatically connect to with the phone.  It doesn't work.
2023-5-1
Use props
djiuser_KKupr89hBUte
New

United Kingdom

Just confirming that the same error occurs for me. Brand new Pixel6a, Android 13 (latest update), DJI app freshly installed, DJI mini 3 pro.

Tried also all the above troubleshooting with no success.

The DJI app simply reports Connection failed as in the screenshot. The drone is not connected to any other device. if I check the connection on my WiFi settings, I can see that the phone is indeed connected to the drone WiFi, as automated by the DJI app (see other screenshot). The DJI app fails to recognize this.

Does DJI have any plan to fix this?
2023-5-19
Use props
Bushcat69
lvl.2
Flight distance : 14701 ft

Switzerland

djiuser_KKupr89hBUte Posted at 5-19 21:48
Just confirming that the same error occurs for me. Brand new Pixel6a, Android 13 (latest update), DJI app freshly installed, DJI mini 3 pro.

Tried also all the above troubleshooting with no success.

Are you running any kind of Adblock app or a VPN? If so add the DJI Fly app to the white list of the Adblock app or deactivate the VPN as this was what was causing my failed connection.
2023-5-19
Use props
djiuser_gQRU6Or2oN86
lvl.1
Flight distance : 51965 ft
United Kingdom

Chrislayeruk Posted at 2022-9-14 09:02
I’m sorry, this quick transfer app is just not very good at all. I had success once, today I go to use it and after an hour going round in circles, restarting the aircraft, trying to log into the Wi-Fi on my IPad Pro. Then logging into Bluetooth to no avail. The app , in the help section, advises restart the aircraft, and so like a game of snakes and ladders, you slide to the beginning again… Surely this is not the experience that DJI had in mind for users?

It works when it wants too, not when I want it to. DJI are supposed to be smart, however quick transfer is a bit of a joke.

Not had this drone long and considering sending it back to Amazon.
2023-6-13
Use props
Chrislayeruk
lvl.4
United Kingdom

djiuser_gQRU6Or2oN86 Posted at 6-13 11:39
It works when it wants too, not when I want it to. DJI are supposed to be smart, however quick transfer is a bit of a joke.

Not had this drone long and considering sending it back to Amazon.

I just take out the memory card
2023-6-13
Use props
djiuser_q9avZ1oKkuTV
New
Flight distance : 5515 ft
United Kingdom

I've tried following all the trouble shooting problems and it's not working.

I've tried using the chat function on the app and the website but both are useless, only a robot which doesn't understand the problem.

I'm an android user
2023-7-9
Use props
djiuser_q9avZ1oKkuTV
New
Flight distance : 5515 ft
United Kingdom

When I try to put in an SD card, it doesn't recognise it either
2023-7-9
Use props
Chrislayeruk
lvl.4
United Kingdom

djiuser_q9avZ1oKkuTV Posted at 7-9 14:04
When I try to put in an SD card, it doesn't recognise it either

I have had success with quick transfer but I just don’t use it. I put SD card in my computer, save the images and then edit in Lightroom. That way works reliably…
2023-7-10
Use props
djiuser_BkABWuDhRHx3
New
Flight distance : 38097 ft
Réunion

Hello
Happy owner of a dji mini 3 pro. For first connection everything worked fine.
I have an RC controller that works perfectly.
But when I try to load the pictures on my phone. Impossible. I try to change the Quick transfer frequency, but it's impossible because the part in the settings isn't there. (See screenshot)
I've been searching for hours, reading forums and trying I don't know how many solutions, but nothing works. Of course, I've already reinstalled the application...
What can I do? Thank you (Xiaomi 11pro phone)
2023-7-13
Use props
Alessandro Valassina
New
Italy

Same problem of your with a MI 11 Light 5G.

Tried everything is possible, but the wi-fi drone network name change, that from the phone App I am not able to do. Phone is able to associate to drone network but I get that stupid error about another device connected.
It is absurd, one choose DJI as market leader and it happens such a bad thing.
2023-7-15
Use props
djiuser_EkdA49URbjhv
New

Austria

Hello, i need help, i bought the dji mini3 pro with rc and i always lost connection after 100-200 meters? How i can fix this issue? I am really sad about this Product. My last drone was the mavic pro and i never had connection Problems. Pls help me
2023-7-18
Use props
David Tasker
New

Australia

Quick Transfer
I confirm that it was a frustrating hour or so with repeated  can't connect messages because another device is already connected, but of course there was not. A big of a Google resulted in,
Make sure your WiFi is on,
Turn off your phone data.
And then it works.

2023-8-14
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_EkdA49URbjhv Posted at 7-18 14:56
Hello, i need help, i bought the dji mini3 pro with rc and i always lost connection after 100-200 meters? How i can fix this issue? I am really sad about this Product. My last drone was the mavic pro and i never had connection Problems. Pls help me

Hello there. Sorry for the late response. Was this already been resolved? If not yet, let me help you. The distance of image transmission is closely associated with various factors in the current environment, including the interference of Wi-Fi signals, signal transmitting power, relative direction and location of signal reception, obstructions, etc. First, please make sure that the firmware of both the drone and RC is on the latest. Check your antenna position. You can refer to the User Manual to see the optimal position at page 45. Also, please check whether there are obstructs such as trees or houses near your current flight environment. Please let your aircraft take off in an environment clear of signal-blocking obstacles. The radio signal will attenuate during airborne transmission. A common roadside camphor tree crown can attenuate the signal by about half of the image transmission distance. Dense trees or a reinforced concrete wall can attenuate the signal by about 1/32 of the image transmission distance. Hence, please check the surrounding flight environment to eliminate signal attenuation due to blockage as much as possible. In addition to obstructions, electromagnetic interference is also an important factor affecting the working distance of the image transmission system. Such interference includes both interference on the remote controller and interference on the aircraft, which will directly affect the image transmission performances. Perhaps, if you have devices that emit Wi-Fi signals, Bluetooth, and radiowaves, try to disable them if possible. Keep me posted once already tried the above instruction so we can assist you further. Have a great day ahead.
2023-8-14
Use props
djiuser_Zww1p6g8rRq8
lvl.1
Gibraltar

Good morning.  I’ve bought the mini 3 pro like a month and half ago & I still cannot use the quick transfer on the DJI fly app nor on the LightCut app.  I’ve watched several videos to remedy the situation to no avail.  I’ve carried out other procedures I’ve been advised in the forum again to no avail.  I’ve switched off the drone & iPhone I don’t know how many times.  I’ve deleted the apps on my phone & reinstalled them again to no avail.  I’ve removed all my Bluetooth devices from my phone & I’ve also switched off the cellular tap on my phone, & I still cannot get the quick transfer to work.  The same warning tab always comes out (that the connection has failed or unable to connect). Please, advise, thanks, much appreciated.

Regards

Brian
2023-8-17
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_Zww1p6g8rRq8 Posted at 8-17 10:21
Good morning.  I’ve bought the mini 3 pro like a month and half ago & I still cannot use the quick transfer on the DJI fly app nor on the LightCut app.  I’ve watched several videos to remedy the situation to no avail.  I’ve carried out other procedures I’ve been advised in the forum again to no avail.  I’ve switched off the drone & iPhone I don’t know how many times.  I’ve deleted the apps on my phone & reinstalled them again to no avail.  I’ve removed all my Bluetooth devices from my phone & I’ve also switched off the cellular tap on my phone, & I still cannot get the quick transfer to work.  The same warning tab always comes out (that the connection has failed or unable to connect). Please, advise, thanks, much appreciated.

Regards

Hi there. We do apologize for the inconvenience caused. Kindly please try the troubleshooting methods below to further isolate the issue:

1. Ensure that the mobile phone’s Wi-Fi and Bluetooth are turned on.
2. Restart the mobile phone and aircraft.
3. Try to rename the aircraft Wifi name and restart it (Need to connect the aircraft to the APP successfully first, and then enter the image transmission interface and click "three dots" - "About" - change the aircraft name & aircraft Wifi name
4. Please try to start the motor with a remote controller as usual first, then try the quick transfer again.

Other method:
For the iPhone, go to “Settings - General - Transfer or Restore iPhone - Reset - Reset Network Settings” (please note that this method will delete all network settings saved in the phone).
2023-8-30
Use props
AlbertoBkk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 47434 ft
Thailand

Could we use a cable and avoid all the puzzling connection problems?
2023-10-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

AlbertoBkk Posted at 10-21 19:26
Could we use a cable and avoid all the puzzling connection problems?

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. You may click the link below for you to check the article on how to transfer files from your drone/DJI remote to your external device. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.

Aircraft Photo or Video files Export Guide: https://repair.dji.com/help/cont ... ;paperDocType=paper
Exporting Photos/Videos From DJI RC: https://support.dji.com/help/con ... p;re=US&lang=en

2023-10-23
Use props
SSlek
New

Italy

Is it possible that 1 year has passed since this thread, and I still have the exact same problem? I tried all possible solutions. Quick transfer doesn't work because it doesn't connect to the smartphone, tried with both IOS and Android. DJI please fix this app.
2023-12-27
Use props
djiuser_w3XicpYmdH3s
New
France

Just my 2 cents as I had the same problem as was able to fix it.

I was actually connected to a local VPN which I use to bypass advertisement (personalDNSfilter). It was causing issues in the WiFi connectivity between the drone and the Dji Fly app on my phone. Disabling the VPN temporarily during the pairing and files transfer solved the issue.
2023-12-28
Use props
dom_lejon
lvl.2

Germany

Problem seems still not to be solved, I just wasted 6h of my life!

DJ Mini 3 Pro with RC controller
iPhone 13 Pro
Firmeware up to date on all devices

I tried ALL work arounds (deactivate mobile data, connect via USB, trough bluetooth) WITHOUT ANY SUCCESS!!!

DIJ Assistant 2 installed and able to see the drone. But no Firmware list can be displayed (all accesses on macbook activated).

Please confirm that this is an unresolved issue! and provide a solution asap.  

1-16 07:06
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules