Mini 3 Pro won't land.
3538 12 2022-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Peadar_911
lvl.1
Flight distance : 732224 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, hoping for some help. After shooting some images at elevation yesterday, I activated Active Track and returned to my vehicle, a distance of around 3/4 mile and around 250ft below my take off point. I couldn't get the drone to land, it would come down to around 50ft and stop. It could be flown in any direction and up, but wouldn't descend. I had to force land in the end. I thought about it later and figured it was because I was too far from my Home Point and at lower elevation than my Home Point. So I went back out to another location and tried again, this time I updated my Home Point when I got to the bottom of the hill, but the drone still refused to land until I activated forced landing. Any ideas. TIA.
2022-9-13
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Interesting flight.....

Best to get help/advice is to share your log, use this to upload the log(s) for this issue
btw ; how did you activate a forcedlanding ?

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Post the uploaded link on here

cheers
JJB
2022-9-13
Use props
chillibadger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 233064 ft
United Kingdom

did you press the X (green) to disable active trak?

I was having the same issue and couldn't yaw but let could go forwards/backwards/sideways.  Another user suggested pressing the X and it disenages active trak.  Did this to me once before.
2022-9-13
Use props
Peadar_911
lvl.1
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 9-13 04:01
Hi,

Interesting flight.....

Thanks for this, I'll have a look for the logs.

Re: the forced landing, bad phrasing on my part, I didn't initiate it, I kept the drone in place until low battery put it into forced landing.
2022-9-13
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Peadar_911 Posted at 9-13 05:02
Thanks for this, I'll have a look for the logs.

Re: the forced landing, bad phrasing on my part, I didn't initiate it, I kept the drone in place until low battery put it into forced landing.

Hi,

Make sense, a critical low battery.
Log will tell more...

cheers
JJB
2022-9-13
Use props
Peadar_911
lvl.1
United Kingdom

chillibadger Posted at 9-13 04:05
did you press the X (green) to disable active trak?

I was having the same issue and couldn't yaw but let could go forwards/backwards/sideways.  Another user suggested pressing the X and it disenages active trak.  Did this to me once before.

Yeah, AT was cancelled. looking like it was related to Home Point being 3/4 mile away and 80m higher elevation.
2022-9-13
Use props
Peadar_911
lvl.1
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 9-13 05:44
Hi,

Make sense, a critical low battery.

Had a look at the logs and the first issue with being far from Home Point makes sense. On the second log I could see that the Home Point was updated further down the hill, but altitude was still showing -23m. I did another test today on a similar hill, Home Point updates OK, but the altitude does not, it still showed a negative reading. I couldn't bring the drone down to eye level, but by holding the stick down for several seconds it went into landing mode and I was able to stop it and catch it before it hit the (very rough) ground. Seems strange that updating the HP does not reset the altitude to zero.
2022-9-13
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

Peadar_911 Posted at 9-13 08:16
Had a look at the logs and the first issue with being far from Home Point makes sense. On the second log I could see that the Home Point was updated further down the hill, but altitude was still showing -23m. I did another test today on a similar hill, Home Point updates OK, but the altitude does not, it still showed a negative reading. I couldn't bring the drone down to eye level, but by holding the stick down for several seconds it went into landing mode and I was able to stop it and catch it before it hit the (very rough) ground. Seems strange that updating the HP does not reset the altitude to zero.

Takeoff point is where the altitude is set to zero. After that, the barometer reading is how the altitude is figured.
2022-9-13
Use props
Peadar_911
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Mobilehomer Posted at 9-13 08:21
Takeoff point is where the altitude is set to zero. After that, the barometer reading is how the altitude is figured.

Great, thanks, good to know.
2022-9-13
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Peadar_911 Posted at 9-13 08:16

HI,

first issue far from HP....does not make sense to me. HP has nothing to do with the ability to a normal landing.

It is not normal to update HP on its own....flying lower than take off position shows as a negative number.

Resetting HP by you does not change the zero reference height, baro height is set to zero at takeoff, will not change during flight.

Flightlog might explain why the HP was reset in flight, if not done by yourself.

cheers
JJB
2022-9-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're deeply sorry for the trouble that this has caused. May I please ask what specific error message did you receive when you experience the said issue? In addition, could you please try to have a test flight in different location and try the troubleshooting steps below before flying then check if the issue persists?

1. Please check the remote controller stick mode and the user's control stick operation are correct. If the control stick mode is Mode 2, push the left control stick downward to land.

2. Kindly please calibrate the remote controller and ensure that the RC control stick can respond normally.

3. Check whether the landing ground meets the conditions (for example, whether the ground is flat, whether there is a water surface). For drones with a landing protection function, when the Downward Vision System works and the ground does not meet the landing conditions, the aircraft will hover and wait for the user’s further operation.

Please keep us posted so we can help you further. Thank you for your valued support.
2022-9-16
Use props
IThrelkeld
lvl.1
Flight distance : 486007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I had a similar problem today.
The mini 3 lost contact - although no more than 30m from home point and reset the home point.  
I manually flew it back to the original location but it refused to land and hovered at about a metre above the landing pad.  
I disabled object avoidance changed modes between cine and normal but had to wait for the battery to go critical before it would land.  
2022-10-11
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

IThrelkeld Posted at 10-11 06:04
I had a similar problem today.
The mini 3 lost contact - although no more than 30m from home point and reset the home point.  
I manually flew it back to the original location but it refused to land and hovered at about a metre above the landing pad.  

Hi,

Best to get help/advice is to upload your flightlog for this issue.
Use this link > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Post the uploaded link on here.

If the surface below is not safe to land it will refuse to land.
But guess you did not see this on the screen...

cheers
JJB
Unsuitable.png
2022-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules