5370 21 2022-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Harbor Pictures Company
lvl.2
Flight distance : 693035 ft
United States

All,

Any news on if there is a solution for Mavic 2 models to be remote ID compliant? As one who is still using mine professionally, I hope there is. Any planned hardware upgrade to the Mavic 3 on my end would be later than this fall when this is supposed to be implemented.

Thanks!
2022-9-13
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was thinking the same @Harbor Pictures.  M2P is the moneymaker out there.  If it ends up taking a module, then I'm willing to do it, but first would be nice to see this retroactively added (if possible) as a software feature.
2022-9-13
Use props
Harbor Pictures Company
lvl.2
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 9-13 08:40
I was thinking the same @Harbor Pictures.  M2P is the moneymaker out there.  If it ends up taking a module, then I'm willing to do it, but first would be nice to see this retroactively added (if possible) as a software feature.

Let’s hope the engineers come up with a good solution, and not be forced into an equipment upgrade.
2022-9-13
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

There really is no replacement to the M2P currently.  It's likely gonna be a RID module to stick on top of the M2P.  : (
2022-9-13
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
Flight distance : 18135846 ft
United States

You really need to do research into RID. If it is not built into the drone, then you must use an exernal module. The basic information is out there. At this time, the FAA specifications have not been finalized. It goes into effect September, 2023.
2022-9-13
Use props
Harbor Pictures Company
lvl.2
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 9-13 10:08
You really need to do research into RID. If it is not built into the drone, then you must use an exernal module. The basic information is out there. At this time, the FAA specifications have not been finalized. It goes into effect September, 2023.

Guess when I read about it I saw it was pushed back. I read it in error as being in this year - '22. So much for reading on my iphone. Appreciate the clarification!
2022-9-13
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

Harbor Pictures Company Posted at 9-13 10:15
Guess when I read about it I saw it was pushed back. I read it in error as being in this year - '22. So much for reading on my iphone. Appreciate the clarification!

Compliance deadline has been moved to December 2022. Implementation is next year. The compliance list is very short right now.
https://uasdoc.faa.gov/listDocs
2022-9-13
Use props
Harbor Pictures Company
lvl.2
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 9-13 10:34
Compliance deadline has been moved to December 2022. Implementation is next year. The compliance list is very short right now.
https://uasdoc.faa.gov/listDocs

Ahh - it was '22. I missed the word "compliance" then. Feel a little better now.

Appreciate the update. I'll keep a better eye on things and know that there's the better part of a year to sort all this out.
2022-9-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will be posting a link wherein you can check all the details with regard to the Remote ID. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.

https://viewpoints.dji.com/blog/ ... -and-your-dji-drone
2022-9-13
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Mobilehomer Posted at 9-13 10:08

Research done.  : )

Now the question becomes, can an existing drone be made to be compatible.  Thus, this line of thought.
2022-9-13
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 9-13 19:08
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. I will be posting a link wherein you can check all the details with regard to the Remote ID. Hope this helps. Thank you for your valued support.

https://viewpoints.dji.com/blog/ ... -and-your-dji-drone

Looking forward to your blog post on the subject!
2022-9-13
Use props
Mobilehomer
First Officer
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 9-13 19:51
Research done.  : )

Now the question becomes, can an existing drone be made to be compatible.  Thus, this line of thought.

Check the link in reply #7 The Mavic 3, Mini 3, Air 2S are all compliant. But if they are not on the list, they will need the external module. DJI has also stated that many of their existing drones and all their new releases will be compliant with a firmware update.
2022-9-14
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Yep, saw that.  Still wondering if a classic drone like the M2P could be updated to be RID compliant.  I am guessing there is not a lot of will from DJI to consider that, but given the SDR components already inside, I am thinking there is a way.
2022-9-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

TonyPHX Posted at 9-13 19:52
Looking forward to your blog post on the subject!

Thank you for your continued support, Tony and happy flying always!
2022-9-19
Use props
Michael Hughes
lvl.1

United States

So I guess if government come out with new rules for equipment then said business equipment is obsolete and a complete right off.
Or loss caused by the government.
Tax advice ?
To hell with buying a 300$ RID module to tape to top of drone.
If it was 50 or less it might be worth it.
Time to put a 4 Sale sine on M2P and Phantoms
2023-3-21
Use props
Mr. Strat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4542854 ft
United States

Michael Hughes Posted at 3-21 13:56
So I guess if government come out with new rules for equipment then said business equipment is obsolete and a complete right off.
Or loss caused by the government.
Tax advice ?

It's only March. The RID requirement is still six months away. I'm sure there will be more affordable solutions coming along.
2023-3-21
Use props
djiuser_0BrFdiwdnEdm
lvl.2
Flight distance : 237766 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just wondering if there is an update on the M2P getting a firmware update for the RID? I saw that the Mavic Pro Platinum is on the FAA compliance list https://uasdoc.faa.gov/listDocs but not the M2P? Just trying to decide if I need to buy a remote ID module in the next few months or sell my M2P. Thanks for any information anyone has.
2023-3-29
Use props
overdrive1337
lvl.2
United States

The Mavic Pro Platinum has an DoC for RID. The recent and latest firmware update for the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom, has an anti-rollback, which seems out-of-place. All other RID enabled/compliant firmwares on other drones also included an anti-rollback. Maybe that is an indication RID will eventually be coming to the Mavic 2 series. If not, I would sure like to know the reasoning for the anti-rollback, since the two previous firmwares were flawed and prevented certain parameter adjustments. So I would hate to be stuck with a firmware that potentially could also be similarly flawed. They sure don’t go into detail on firmware change logs..
2023-3-30
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

overdrive1337 Posted at 3-30 14:06
The Mavic Pro Platinum has an DoC for RID. The recent and latest firmware update for the Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom, has an anti-rollback, which seems out-of-place. All other RID enabled/compliant firmwares on other drones also included an anti-rollback. Maybe that is an indication RID will eventually be coming to the Mavic 2 series. If not, I would sure like to know the reasoning for the anti-rollback, since the two previous firmwares were flawed and prevented certain parameter adjustments. So I would hate to be stuck with a firmware that potentially could also be similarly flawed. They sure don’t go into detail on firmware change logs..

prob all sw builds are flawed.  "anti-rollback" is not a good indicator of sw features or functions and is most likely based on some sort of policy.  i've also seen it implemented when going back to previous sw causes bad things to happen.  does dji force you to upgrade your sw?
2023-3-30
Use props
Trackerputnam
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5728392 ft
United States

Ok, late to the game with rid. So on sept, 2023, I go to launch my mp2, will it not launch? (No rid)  I fly it happily without updating it. If it flies good, why update it. Thus on said day rid is required, what happens? I have a phantom 4 advanced, it’s so far behind on updates. Is it now worthless?
2023-4-11
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

A new cheap external RID module is coming from Dronetag,   special launch day price of $49 - https://shop.dronetag.cz/products/41-dronetag-bs.html
2023-5-11
Use props
IW9HIM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3558671 ft
Italy

New firmware released 01.00.0797 for mavic 2 pro/zoom activate the remote ID function, the DJI GO4 app must also be updated to version 4.3.60, otherwise it won't take off...
Something is moving...
2023-11-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules